AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype vs on-site privates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2019
share.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@goldisnatch
MFC Username
Goldisnatch
I've had a handful of members privately ask if I do skype shows. I've always turned them down because I'm just getting started on MFC and don't want to worry about switching to a different application, safety, etc. My question is: what is the appeal of switching over to skype rather than just pay for privates on-site? Are they looking for a cheaper show (cut out middle-man MFC)? Or are they looking to take advantage of me some way? Why not just use the site's system for private shows?

If I DID offer skype shows, the pricing would be equivalent to what they would pay per minute on MFC and I would have them pre-tip in tokens for it because I don't trust other payment methods right now.

Is this something I should look into setting up?

There's some good and bad people out there when it comes to Skypes. I know some models do quite well with it, and they do it where they get prepaid in tokens before setting up the skype. I've seen some models charge less, which kind of baffles me since it's the same thing IMO as a private.

I've heard models say that sometimes people do it so the member can have a better c2c and it's off MFC. I've also heard some negatives in regards to members hoping they go longer than the alloted time, get your skype account and then message there, as well as try and pay off site in terms of the ever infamous Amazon Gift card scam.

I've only done two or three skypes with models, which were mostly just BS sessions more than anything else. Otherwise, everything else has been TPvts.

Reactions: Goldisnatch
I couldn't believe how many Skype requests I got when I switched from CB to MFC! At first, I just said no, only on site privates, but eventually did start doing them and charging the same tokens per minute as a normal on site private. I asked one guy who I have done a few skype shows with, why he prefers that, and he said something about the video quality and no lag time. I recommend, if you're interested in doing them, just putting the info up on your white board (like when you do them, tokens per minute) so that every time a member asks if you skype, say yes and to check your white board for details. Once they see they aren't getting some crazy discount (as if we owe them that??) most of them just leave anyway.

There's some good and bad people out there when it comes to Skypes. I know some models do quite well with it, and they do it where they get prepaid in tokens before setting up the skype. I've seen some models charge less, which kind of baffles me since it's the same thing IMO as a private.

I've heard models say that sometimes people do it so the member can have a better c2c and it's off MFC. I've also heard some negatives in regards to members hoping they go longer than the alloted time, get your skype account and then message there, as well as try and pay off site in terms of the ever infamous Amazon Gift card scam.

I've only done two or three skypes with models, which were mostly just BS sessions more than anything else. Otherwise, everything else has been TPvts.

Same here, I am unsure why some models charge LESS for a Skype show. Maybe it's to try to encourage guys to do it and at least they get paid rather than them just freeloading on the site? I don't know. But if they freeload on the site, surely they would freeload or expect the world in Skype (for pennies). I would have always thought models would want to charge extra because they are either closing their room (some would) so it'd be losing traffic, or they ar doing it in their spare time for you.

Same here, I am unsure why some models charge LESS for a Skype show. Maybe it's to try to encourage guys to do it and at least they get paid rather than them just freeloading on the site? I don't know. But if they freeload on the site, surely they would freeload or expect the world in Skype (for pennies). I would have always thought models would want to charge extra because they are either closing their room (some would) so it'd be losing traffic, or they ar doing it in their spare time for you.

Most MFC models who do Skype will stop broadcasting but leave the room open. Like privates, it can be a gamble, as I have seen rooms clear out when a model goes.

For myself, I always check with the model and ask beforehand. Im hapyto wait if her room is busy and she's making good tips, over potential loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.