AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SkyPrivate Issue?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeraEve

Cam Model
Dec 8, 2018
USA
Twitter Username
@zeraevee
MFC Username
ZeraEve
Streamate Username
ZeraEve
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/225761/Zera-Eve/
I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong with the pay per minute plugin and neither can SkyPrivate's support.

I'm logged into Skype. I'm logged into the plugin. A member starts a call. The little window that shows they are a member and have funds pops up. I answer the call. The little window that counts the time pops up, but about 15 seconds in, the plugin logs out automatically, by itself, and then logs me back in, automatically by itself (while I'm mid call). Because of that, it stops recording the time I'm in the show, so it looks like I haven't done a show. Support is somewhat helpful, and once I send them a screenshot to prove the amount of time I was in the show, they send me the money, but I can't do that with every single show I do.

I uninstalled my antivirus (Avast) because I thought it might be blocking the plugin. I then uninstalled, and reinstalled Skype. I made a whole NEW Skype. AND support emailed me and sent me a newer version of the plugin in beta. (they also have sent me an older version, but that didn't work). And even with all of this, it still wont work. Is there a program of sorts that I have on my PC that might be causing this? A setting maybe?

I'm contacted regularly on SkyPrivate and have the potential to make a lot there. But I can't get this dumb plugin to work *cries*

I will say I've personally never had an issue regarding incremental billing using sky privates. I start the call I see the warning I'm being billed per minute and I've not been overbilled or underbilled. That said I know one of the models I use did have issue when she mixed upfront purchase and incremental billing together. I would suggest you also make a cammodeldirectory account as well so you can still provide sessions to your trusted regulars when you have issues with skyprivates.

You're using the standalone client of skype or the windows 10 store version?

Hello, @ZeraEve! We are sorry that you had to go trough this issue with the plugin. It's not something that we want to happen, but unfortunately it did. It's really important to share this with us, like you did, talking with our Support Department, so we can see what is there to improve. Right now, this situation is reviewed by our Tech Department. Thank you for your understanding. Hope this is not going to affect your work with us and agree that when we discuss about technology, things like this can happen, but the most important part is to find solutions. Have a great day!

Hello, @ZeraEve! We are sorry that you had to go trough this issue with the plugin. It's not something that we want to happen, but unfortunately it did. It's really important to share this with us, like you did, talking with our Support Department, so we can see what is there to improve. Right now, this situation is reviewed by our Tech Department. Thank you for your understanding. Hope this is not going to affect your work with us and agree that when we discuss about technology, things like this can happen, but the most important part is to find solutions. Have a great day!
I've brought this to the attention of support 6 times now, and no one has an answer. Like at all.

now, and no one has an
I will say I've personally never had an issue regarding incremental billing using sky privates. I start the call I see the warning I'm being billed per minute and I've not been overbilled or underbilled. That said I know one of the models I use did have issue when she mixed upfront purchase and incremental billing together. I would suggest you also make a cammodeldirectory account as well so you can still provide sessions to your trusted regulars when you have issues with skyprivates.

You're using the standalone client of skype or the windows 10 store version?
I'll definitely be making a cammodeldirectory. And I'm using the Windows 10 store version. I'm not sure which I was using before I uninstalled and then reinstalled, but I'll try uninstalling the store version and then installing the other version to see if that helps. I know it's not an issue with the upfront purchasing vs the incremental billing, because I get an alert after I do a show that says the "show unexpectedly ended" and they pay me for the first minute of the show. (It's unexpectedly ending because the plugin is automatically logging out on its own, after 15 seconds in the call?)

I'll definitely be making a cammodeldirectory. And I'm using the Windows 10 store version. I'm not sure which I was using before I uninstalled and then reinstalled, but I'll try uninstalling the store version and then installing the other version to see if that helps. I know it's not an issue with the upfront purchasing vs the incremental billing, because I get an alert after I do a show that says the "show unexpectedly ended" and they pay me for the first minute of the show. (It's unexpectedly ending because the plugin is automatically logging out on its own, after 15 seconds in the call?)

Yeh uninstall the windows 10 version and goto https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/
When you're on that page click the drop down arrow next to the blue download skype. You'll get the menu below and choose the bottom option.

O6nweGU.jpg

Yea basically dont use anything from the windows store if you can avoid it. In particular I have heard of problems with the Windows store version of Skype. I dont know if that would be the cause of the issue but I know there are problems with that version of the program.

Reactions: ZeraEve
I've brought this to the attention of support 6 times now, and no one has an answer. Like at all.

When this happens, because we know there are situations like the one you experienced, it's important to talk to us. We will manually transfer you the money for the show so no need to worry about your money. We understand that this is our fault, our plugin's fault and we take the necessary measures to correct our issues. Thank you so much for understanding! Have an awesome day!

When this happens, because we know there are situations like the one you experienced, it's important to talk to us. We will manually transfer you the money for the show so no need to worry about your money. We understand that this is our fault, our plugin's fault and we take the necessary measures to correct our issues. Thank you so much for understanding! Have an awesome day!
But I've messaged support on at least 6 different occasions. I HAVE TALKED TO SUPPORT. OVER and OVER. And the last time I did, I was told I wasn't getting they money I did for a show because I didn't message support immediately. I HAVE TALKED TO SUPPORT MULTIPLE TIMES. But they are unable to help with IT problems. I just get generic replies.

She already said in this thread that she has tried multiple plugins, sent by Skyprivate IT, even a beta version, and it hasn't helped.

Looks like the skyprivate rep is responding to notifications rather than reading through the thread. It's a little unfortunate they only offering boilerplate responses to you models since I really do like their site as a member.

I think her outstanding issue is the back payments. I thought we got her client issue resolved. Maybe she can give a summary where she stands right now.

Reactions: QuinnLane
I actually ended up closing my SkyPrivate account. I was refused full payment for a show I did, and literally never got a single answer as to why the pluggin wasn't working. I had the newest version of the plugin and everything. With some research I found the original software SkyPrivate uses for the plugin, under a different name, so SkyPrivate doesn't make the software, and probably doesn't have an actual IT team that can troubleshoot issues with it, because it's not their software. I think that's why I kept getting such generic responses. But it's ok, I made a CamModelDirectory and it got approved today and I'm liking the site and support team a lot so I'm going to stick with them :)

Thank you guys for helping!

• Hugs
Reactions: QuinnLane
We are sorry you chose to do that, but it's your decision and we respect it. I can't seem to find your coversation with our Support Team about the payment we refused to do it, I can see that everytime you wrote to us, we have manually transfered the money into your account. Please let me know the details about the uncharged call so we can take care of it :)
SkyPrivate does and did make a software, the Pay-per-Minute plugin. It's our plugin and we do have an IT team that developes those things. If you want to know more about the plugin, please leave me a message. Wish you good luck with your plans! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.