AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Slow cam feed

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2017
I see three recent threads on problems models are having with Flash, etc. This is from a viewer's perspective.

Yes, Flash is a big irritation. Blocking is the default for viewers too, and a session on MFC requires rebooting, at least once on Chrome several times on Safari. What is MFC going to do about that when Flash is no longer supported?

I don't know if it is a Flash-related issue, but in the last few months more and more camera feeds have slowed down, becoming choppy, being constantly "smudgy" with video-static, or freezing while a circular arrow goes round and round. Could it be something to do with HD cameras requiring more bandwidth? A while ago I saw another member remark "Damn these HD cameras!" and leave a cam room - a cam that was doing all the above. And, I can't tell if the fault is with the model's feed or my own connection. I'm on FIOS, which is decently fast for streaming and downloads.

This also happens on my iPad, watching the mobile version of MFC. I believe that is _not_ Flash based.

Reactions: AfterDark
I see three recent threads on problems models are having with Flash, etc. This is from a viewer's perspective.
What is MFC going to do about that when Flash is no longer supported?

Not an expert, giving my Holiday Inn advice to another viewer.

MFC is well aware flash is going away, that's why you're running into issues at present. MFC's HTML5 WEBRTC implementation is a work in progress. It's getting better, but not quite there yet. The circle you get is when it's not-Flash, but going to WEBRTC instead based on HTML5. Various browsers interpret it quite a bit differently at this point. I've found Chrome to be best for WEBRTC at present. Firefox is terrible with constant pausing, on the order of every three seconds.

Mobile I haven't tried, but I can give a trick to Firefox users on MFC - which may well break tomorrow. Disable WEBRTC until they get it ironed out. This defaults the HD streams back to Flash. 720 streams will be windowed, but clear 720 with no lagging, 1080 is flawless fullscreen. FF at present is requiring a "run Flash" on each new video feed, no reboot or restart. I have not tried this with other browsers, ymmv there. This isn't a trick to subvert MFC's change away from Flash. That is a necessary step and long overdue. Just a "for best experience today" for those who read here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.