AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SM beta

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2016
I see SM is showing off their new beta site.

Pro;
1. DARK MODE
2. Much faster preview loading
3. Better layout of the bio
4. Much improved transcoding. I don't know if they did anything extra on the backend but delay is reduced.

Here's how the main page looks. Probably looks the same to many of you but some differences.
f0XFagG.jpg

Here's the profile page. (using partially cropped @AudriTwo profile for example)
ZZnf4Q6.jpg

The profile page is no long split into separate tabs. Only the video purchasing is separated. The tags are below the profile pics. It looks like they removed albums though.

Thanks for reminding me I need to put some updated photos. JP. Look at cambb me! 24 and so much more.

Honestly, I like it. It's clean and mobile friendly. What we have been wanting for YEARS. Happy to streamate step out of the Web 2.0 phase and finally getting with the times.

Sad they removed albums. Now my captions makes zero sense. Ugh. Been meaning to update my profile for a while now. Wonder if they will let us delete or stop displaying old pictures? I had to upload like 30 photos to have the ability to disable visibility, which I refused. A couple of years ago, you would see models upload the same photo multiple times when our deleted photos came back after the album update. Either they didn't know their spam of photos were approved or too lazy to change. Lol good times. Goood times.

Do you know if they support OBS on the back end?

I have streamed with the old FMLE encoder, their own encoder SMBroadcast, OBS, and the new SMConnect webpage.

OBS is still the best option, in my opinion.

Reactions: AudriTwo
I have streamed with the old FMLE encoder, their own encoder SMBroadcast, OBS, and the new SMConnect webpage.

OBS is still the best option, in my opinion.
hey i was wondering what is obs? and how can i use that? thanks!

I really dig the look of the profile page and cannot wait to get mine up to snuff. Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread for tech questions but I am just about to start on SM soooo here we go,

Is it normal for your feed to look a tad pixelated in smbroadcast? I still cannot go live because my account is pending approval. I optimized and I am using 720 resolution. I was going to use OBS but I want to regularly on both MFC and SM. I would rather make smbroadcast work than have to constantly change all my OBS settings for both sites.

I was going to use OBS but I want to regularly on both MFC and SM. I would rather make smbroadcast work than have to constantly change all my OBS settings for both sites.

You can create and save different profiles. Which you can easily switch between the two. That way you can use OBS for multiple platforms or different setting for recording.

You can create and save different profiles. Which you can easily switch between the two. That way you can use OBS for multiple platforms or different setting for recording.

Thank you so much, I will definitely stick to OBS!

Reactions: AudriTwo
They turned on the beta preview again. A few people asked about the video page last time so here it is.
fOWUQTB.jpg

You can see they ARE planning a proper video store in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.