AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SM discontinued their recorded videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2016
Was talking to SM support today. Looks like they no longer doing that random pvt video recording they put on models profiles. They basically refunded my month video viewing subscription.

From talking to the support guy (even thought he's support I usually don't hold them 100% to their info). They are going to start allowing models to make videos and set prices.

Was wondering if this was already announced or they just cleaning up before starting the program? I did see two models offering videos already. One was a $2.99 the other a $5.99 both models appear to be studio.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
They have had a video selling system in the works for a while now. It has its pros and cons. One pro is that the revenue will actually go to the model - the old system of having random privates for sale was 100% profit for the site, models received no money from those videos and didn't even have control over them. One con is that, once it's site-wide, we will be required to use it to sell videos - no more Dropbox or Project Maened download links, so it's yet another place we have to upload to if we want to sell videos, which is a pain when you have as many as some of us do.

I don't read their updates anymore. I got pissed when I learned they were basically fucking me on revenue. I emailed and demand to be removed. Because fuck that nonsense.

• Hugs
It was rude of them, but I'm glad that 1) models are getting the revenue and 2) that members aren't simply getting a roulette of whatever we happened to be doing in paid chat.

I had heard a while back they were going to be rolling something out, but hadn't seen any changes. Anyone know if it's in the dashboard yet?

Sooo will we lose the oprion to give videos as incentive for users to join gold shows? I don't give videos, because for 5 fucking dollars all they get is my live show and that's that but I know A LOT of ladies make their money that way and it would be awful of SM to fuck with that for some of their top models.

Sooo will we lose the oprion to give videos as incentive for users to join gold shows? I don't give videos, because for 5 fucking dollars all they get is my live show and that's that but I know A LOT of ladies make their money that way and it would be awful of SM to fuck with that for some of their top models.

Ah yes that sucks. I never offered mine for anything other than a set price I have up. I don't do gold shows.

From what I understand a lot of models were using videos as a means of redirecting members to other sites. Sad that it turned into the tale of the golden goose, where in this case the ones who tried to cheat the system killed the income for the rest.

Last edited:
i would hope they would find a way to implement that. because it will fuck with so many girls' hustles which may in the end hurt the site. even though i don't offer gold show vids, if they offered a way an easy way to distrubte, i'd sell them again. my biggest issue was with a copyright troll fucking with my drive by filling false dmcas on a few. this would eliminate that ever happening again.

The profiles offering subscriptions to view models recordings are still up and running though... not sure if they haven't removed it from all profiles or are just blocking people from actually buying it if they're starting to refund members. Or still allowing it for some members... who knows, Streamate is weird.

The profiles offering subscriptions to view models recordings are still up and running though... not sure if they haven't removed it from all profiles or are just blocking people from actually buying it if they're starting to refund members. Or still allowing it for some members... who knows, Streamate is weird.

It still says I have 19 days left to my video sub and if you click the 'my video' tab one of two things with happen.

1. Will show a video with a price you have to pay even though it should be free.

2. you click an old video without the price under it. (looks like they haven't finish removing all the old recorded videos yet from some profiles) and it takes you to a new page that says 'This model does not have videos to purchase'.

They only refunding me because they know it will no longer work even if you have remaining subscription.

They are very slow about changing their profile page. They still haven't added the ability to change your email from the profile and they changed to email login 4+ years ago. Just like the 'gold club' stuff is still there even though I haven't seen a new model with a new 'gold club' link in over two years.

I did see one model had her previous video moved onto her 'free video' tab. She's a studio model so maybe it was a studio decision to keep videos available.

• Helpful!
The new video system is up and running but you have to compress your files as they have to be under 1gb (or something like that) and if you sell elsewhere you have to remove your email address from it. which is a lot of bother for premade vids

@MiaFoxUK I poked around and all I could see was the "free videos" part of the dash that was already there. I'm wondering where the videos for sale area might be.

you upload through your profile. guys cant buy them they have to tip while you are live then in your earnings list you tick the box next to their name, select 'send video' then pick which one they bought

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
here is a quick screen grab

Oh wow so they aren't having us sell them through our profiles?

If they're just having us send them through their system I think that's pretty cool. I think that should be ok for the gold show models too.

*Edit: Also mine doesn't have it yet. Maybe because I haven't been online since yesterday morning (?)

I have mostly sold as gold show incentives. I have only uploaded one so far, an old one that has ran its course, obviously we only make a small % so im not sure yet if its worth filming specifically for sm

Oh wow so they aren't having us sell them through our profiles?

If they're just having us send them through their system I think that's pretty cool. I think that should be ok for the gold show models too.

*Edit: Also mine doesn't have it yet. Maybe because I haven't been online since yesterday morning (?)

I just checked and I dont see it on mine either but I am excited to see how this turns out.

Huh. This could be exciting. I might start offering video incentives with smaller videos for gold shows to get them off the ground.

On your homepage, with the green 'start show' button.... click dashboard (at the top) then my videos

eta: should probably mention, your videos have to be approved by support, i know that may put some people off

On your homepage, with the green 'start show' button.... click dashboard (at the top) then my videos

eta: should probably mention, your videos have to be approved by support, i know that may put some people off

I guess that section is no longer only for free videos then. I don't see a difference on my end, but perhaps it updates upon use of account. *Shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.