AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Smoothies

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

"Smoothies"

• I've always been drinking smoothies, do you live under a rock?

• Never heard of, I'd like to taste one.

• Never heard of, I'm not going to have one.

• They've always been there. You never noticed because you never turned the page on the menu.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_A_Guy

V.I.P. AmberLander
Aug 20, 2017
Ok, sorry in advance for this stupid thread, just wanted an "international" feedback, so to speak. I've noticed that more and more bars/restaurants are offering these so-called "smoothies" as part of their beverage menu. Just out of curiousity, I tried one and I have to say that I really liked it. Also, they seem super easy to make at home. I've been told that they don't call it milkshakes because (1) they don't use neither milk nor sugar but yogurt insted; and (2) because they're made with fruits and veggies.

In fact, the one I tried was made of pineapple, mango and greek yogurt and another one was made with carrots, lemon, celery and ginger. I'm asking because I've never had one before (even abroad). Is it just a new fad? Thanks.

They've always** been a huge thing, at least here in the States. There are giant chains of stores dedicated to making smoothies, which are definitely not milkshakes. :D

edit to add always** meaning at least since the 1990s. :D

• Helpful!
Reactions: Just_A_Guy
They've always** been a huge thing, at least here in the States. There are giant chains of stores dedicated to making smoothies, which are definitely not milkshakes.

Thank you. Believe me, I've never noticed those stores. I'll definitely keep an eye out and/or ask for those next time I'll be in the States because I liked it. Thanks.

Smoothies are life. Literally! 😂

When I lost the ability to eat solid foods for over 3 months at the beginning of this year, I survived on smoothies and soups. It’s healthier and easier to make my own foods so I keep a rotation of frozen things on hand for smoothie-ing. Takes like 5 minutes and it gives me the ability to eat solid foods again. Yay smoothies!!!

• Helpful!
My favorite "fast food" is a joint called tropical smoothie Cafe.

Smoothies are delicious and is the way I will consume kale.

Thx for sharing your personal favourite store. Checked out the site and the menu. I've figured out why I've never noticed those stores. I've typed a city and looked at the map. They're nowhere near where I'm usually staying. So, maybe that's why. I've also found the mango one which it seems exactly like the one that I had. And check out the price. It's 3.99$. Sounds like the place to go. Here, it costed about 7/7.50 € the normal size (IIRC) and was about 10 € the larger size.

I think Smoothie King and Jamba (Juice) are among the most popular here. Juice it Up was a favorite spot when I was younger.

Where's the option for "Of course I've heard of them, but I am not going to drink one until hell freezes over and hosts the Winter Olympics!"?

• Funny!
I think Smoothie King and Jamba (Juice) are among the most popular here. Juice it Up was a favorite spot when I was younger.

Not sure if it's a regional thing but Orange Julius in on the list too. Started in 1926 in Minnesota. But it got bought out by Dairy Queen in '87. So most people today probably know it from the DQ menu.

And I was going to give my thoughts on making smoothies. But then I had the distinct feeling of Deja Vu. So, I searched it on the forum. Yeah...

The big takeaway from those seems to have been wine. Use wine, instead of water or juice, for liquid. Takes it to a whole new level.

And I was going to give my thoughts on making smoothies. But then I had the distinct feeling of Deja Vu. So, I searched it on the forum. Yeah...

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/smoothies-anyone.24119/#post-733042

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/recipes-everyone-should-know.8214/#post-400975

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/smoothies-anyone.24119/#post-736126
The big takeaway from those seems to have been wine. Use wine, instead of water or juice, for liquid. Takes it to a whole new level.

Thx for your ACF links and for sharing your smoothies knowledge. I think I'll stick with the "traditional" way and be using water/juice. I'm not comfortable with the idea of adding wine at the moment. It's a really nice twist, though. I really can see that. Some fruits really go well with wine. Sliced peaches dipped into a glass of red wine it's a super old/traditional/classic way to end the meal. I'll check out your recipes. Thanks.

Reactions: thompsontwin1
I love smoothies!! I make my own quite often, and although the ingredients I use might be a bit off putting to some I love the taste and feel a lot better physically when I consistently make them! I make my smoothies with frozen fruit, banana, spinach, kefir, avocado and garlic. Sometimes I’ll add other things but those are my staples.

Status
Not open for further replies.