AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Snowball effect

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2021
France
Hello. I'm new here, I've been making cams for about 7 months. Since the beginning, I noticed something annoying, and I would like to know if I am the only one in this situation. I explain myself, I make shows in public, the number of my tips really depends on my number of spectators. However, if I start my show dressed for example, nobody comes to my show. This can last a long time! It's only after someone decides to tip me, that I get more spectators, and the next tip comes. I had thought about starting my show already naked, but that would make me lose the idea of the goal to reach. Thanks for your time, have a great evening!

You could try starting off being partially nude and see if that brings in enough initial tippers to get the ball rolling. I've pretty much come to the same conclusion comparing how things turn out when I start nude vs. fully clothed. It's just not worth the time it takes to build my room count starting with clothes on.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Skimpy clothing. I avoid full or loose covering. As much as I would love to hang out on cam in my comfy oversized flannel shirts, I know it doesn't bring the boys to the yard.

Thank you very much for your answers! I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to deal with this problem. And AudriTwo, I used to do my shows in loose-fitting clothes to be comfortable. I'm taking all your advice, thanks again!

Reactions: AudriTwo
Hello. I'm new here, I've been making cams for about 7 months. Since the beginning, I noticed something annoying, and I would like to know if I am the only one in this situation. I explain myself, I make shows in public, the number of my tips really depends on my number of spectators. However, if I start my show dressed for example, nobody comes to my show. This can last a long time! It's only after someone decides to tip me, that I get more spectators, and the next tip comes. I had thought about starting my show already naked, but that would make me lose the idea of the goal to reach. Thanks for your time, have a great evening!

I wish some brilliant mathematician would truly analyze Chaturbate and determine (perhaps BY the amount of tips received) just which general 'style' that way is most productive. I think humans are so schooled in modesty that they just can't imagine walking out their front door and into the street while naked.

Even if somebody DID walk out their front door naked, the responses from all around would be widely varied (even if those wishing to sincerely admire were shouted-down by others).

So it stands to reason that cam models aren't too keen on beginning their shows naked.

But, some of the best models I've ever seen don't do the "goal" thing... instead they just get into their own rhythm... and progress toward the ultimate pinnacle of their shows on their own schedule, and NOT one effectively set by the audience.

It is rather amazing to watch the willing tippers seem to 'reward' such an appealing vision with random tips as the models present and demonstrate their most personal physical moments.

Another thing, the whole webcamming success thing tends to be tethered to how well one STANDS-OUT from others, SO there is much to be said for starting out naked.

Although it might seem otherwise, webcam viewers are NOT guided largely by a seeming 'tape measure' when evaluating which webcams to view. If they were, everybody would get up and change rooms just as soon as somebody with bigger tits logged-on.

Somehow, the best recipe to get noticed and draw a crowd, is to keep moving... and to keep seeming more daring than society *expects* you to be (a blond with big tits needs to be even bolder than most to *surprise* anyone and draw attention for that reason... while the prim and proper librarian type need only seem a little bit 'bold' to be first noticed).

A trend in webcamming is to know or learn just which is your most awe-inspiring physical asset, and then to just put THAT asset in the center of your camera frame and leave it there for eternal amounts of time. This can work if your charms are in the 99.90th percentile... at least for a while... but most people, while they DO have some element that is quite fun to admire... don't tend to have the truly **attention-GRABBING** natural uniquenesses I'm talking about.

Psychologically, your viewers probably create (if only in their minds) SOME sense of you... at a quick glance, as they might in any random supermarket if seeing you there... and what it takes to capture their interest is to ***surprise them*** by being more bold and daring than whatever they were *expecting".

Lets use breasts as an example: since half of us have them... and the rest of us admire them a great deal.

The earlier mentioned blond with big tits... all she has to do is show-up, in a form-revealing garment, and she'll get the attention from many directions.

But years and years of societal patterns wherein women with small breasts are told by Cosmopolitan Magazine (and lots of the rest of society) how best to COVER them up, and draw attention AWAY from their breasts... HAS CREATED this vacuum where those who admire breasts are SO used to seeing ample handfuls... THAT to see a woman with very small breasts ***who is boldly serving-UP those small breasts with a confident vibe*** (even IF she's totally faking her confidence for the show)... is considerably exciting.

In the webcamming world, the vast prevalence of pretty girls who can barely interact in English, and who are waiting for the first tip before they even move... as they focus on their phones, or on some variety TV show in their countries... serves to help those who ARE MOVING... and ENGAGING their chat, and their viewing audience... better **STAND OUT** from the rest.

SO find a way to STAND-out... and keep yourself IN MOTION as best you can do.

If you just survey the vast numbers of women on the Chaturbate menu page, and consider how many of those are JUST SITTING THERE... you might more easily sense what it takes to stand-out and be noticed.

Figure out what is appealing about you... and then BE YOURSELF above all else.

Maybe it's OK to start out naked... and to pass on the ritualistic "tip goals" thing.

Think of the timid young girl you used to be on various first days at various schools... and motivate yourself by thinking that THIS could be YOUR TIME TO BOLDLY SHINE...

and then DO it !! (the tips, and the interest will follow)

(*** and don't forget... that whether you're purple, or blue, or green... the worldwide audience is such that many viewers are in areas where your colors aren't well-represented, and TO THEM, YOUR UNIQUE skin tone can be especially intriguing and erotic-seeming)

The guys who are into blue-skinned (height-challenged) people wearing rubber panties... will be in some other Chaturbate room watching exactly that!

Find those who admire YOU... and keep appealing to them via a variety of efforts and exercises that you'll develop as you go.

I am all for comfy flannels and PJs. I bring boys to the yard by conversation mainly and things often roll from there.. Pay attention also that more viewers does not necessarily equate to more tips. In my experience, all you need is quality over quantity. I know I much rather entertain a handful of generous tippers vs a room full of 1-token men.

Find your own, unique style and go with it, your audience will come find you. Something out there for everyone!

Personally, I love a woman in her regular clothes, comfy clothes, PJs, whatever else that may be. For me, I love to see a woman in her normal clothes because it's what I would be seeing with a partner in day to day life. I would never expect or want my partner or a woman to always be in sexy lingerie and dresses - it kind of takes away from them being special, you know, if it's a daily occurrence. So, it's fantastic to see a cute woman in her cute comfy clothing.

If a female model, I'd say start out wearing a bra and panty...or a tank top and panty (or cute little shorts).
If a male model, I'd say start out wearing a tank (Do people still call those things "wifebeaters?" LOL...) and your briefs...or boxers?

Let them TIP for a flash of tits/ass/pussy/dick. If you want to do a topless/naked goal, they can keep tipping to fulfill that, or maybe tip for a strip show, or take you private?

Here in Maryland it gets cold. When I'm cold while on cam, I'm in a tank top and panties (or panties + these cute little drawstring sleepwear shorts), but I'll have a Winnie the Pooh blanket over my legs. Lol. People can always tip if they want to see ass, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.