AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So much for anonymous viewing

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm friends with a number of models on CB and chat offline a few times a week with most of them. I don't do C2C and normally not using a VPN.

Sometimes I go into their room while logged on, but have to leave quickly, or they are busy and I won't say anything, as they will normally start a PM. I'll often get an offline message soon after asking why I didn't stay, or why I didn't say hi.

Other times I go into their room, while not logged in, to see whether they are busy, or see the mood of the room. I have never had them contact me when I have done this, so I doubt they can tell I was in the room anonymously.

Double check you are logged out, not logged in on another tab in the browser. When you are in their room, then the Follow icon should be showing if you are logged out, if you are following them normally.
Yeah, I’m sure I’m not logged in. I haven’t been logged in in several days. I don’t keep extra tabs open. But also why phrase the question in such a coy way. She and I always speak in a very familiar tone. Had I showed up as myself (logged in) she just would have said something like “welcome baby.” Whenever I enter the room, she says my name. 100% of the time. So it just doesn’t make any sense to me.

At one point, models could embed external images onto their cam page. Which meant they could embed tracking image into their cam page. But I think that's been blocked at this point.

Models can still have their own site, and embed CB into their site. And they may have access to the tracking on their site. But for that to work, you'd have to go to their site.

If they promote their streams via social media using external links. Those external links could use a tracking service.

Your style of writing could also just be familiar to them.

But if your on good terms with them, why are you trying to deceive them?

At one point, models could embed external images onto their cam page. Which meant they could embed tracking image into their cam page. But I think that's been blocked at this point.

Models can still have their own site, and embed CB into their site. And they may have access to the tracking on their site. But for that to work, you'd have to go to their site.

If they promote their streams via social media using external links. Those external links could use a tracking service.

Your style of writing could also just be familiar to them.

But if your on good terms with them, why are you trying to deceive them?
I had not written anything so that would not have identified me. And I don’t believe there was any deception involved. I wanted to pop in without all of the fanfare I usually get. When I’m in the room, she really caters to me and it can be a distraction for the other users. I’m not so generous that I would care, under normal circumstances. But due to
Recent events, she’s had to start a new page and she’s building up her subscriber base from scratch. Also, she knows that I don’t do anything on Sundays so if I logged in for a couple of minutes and left, she would think I was upset. I don’t really feel like I should have to defend my desire to stay anonymous. There’s a reason these sites offer that option.

I probably can't post links but there is a website which analyses your browser as to how much data you are leaking and how unique your browser fingerprint is.

Even without being logged in, Chaturbate can probably make a good guess about who are if you use your normal browser. But it seems unlikely that they would pass that information to the model - they would probably prefer that she concentrates her attention on the people who are logged in with tokens to spend.

Reactions: Billyboy
You are quite literally just being paranoid here. Don't overthink the reason.
You already said when she is coming online she messages you and most times you will go there within minutes, so it's literally that simple. She was probably just having a little goof with you about it all, and nothing bad or anything negative and definitely not KNOWING you were there, it was a fun and playful guess based on your usual activity.

There is nothing more to it.

So I’ve read any thread that I could find regarding anonymous viewing and whether or not a model can see me when I am logged out. Everything seems to say the same thing and it all flies in the face of what I just had happen.

I was using Chaturbate. I was not logged in. I entered a models room and maybe within a minute, she texted me on WhatsApp saying “I think you are watching me yes?”

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I mean, I’ll ask her the next time we talk on the phone but I don’t necessarily trust her so I won’t know if her answer is legit.
My guess would be one of your social media profiles is coming online with an Available flag and she is seeing that. She knows from habit you would visit her after that profile comes online, and in this case you never showed up. So she got aggressive and poked you about it.

Another possibility is that an image on her profile is on a server she controls and runs a tracker, so they have you on IP address. Maybe time to invest in that VPN software. Or from now on use Tor for anonymous viewing.

She's flirting with you (in that cute "I want to empty your wallet" camgirl way). I would flirt back harder and see if that leads to any disclosures.

Up until about 4-5 years ago tracking pixels or flag counters could be used. But as CBhours said CB uses an image proxy now.
If you are really super paranoid, use a VPN or just don't visit. dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.