AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Social Media

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jan 3, 2021
UK
www.chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@lolalace5
Chaturbate Username
Stroke_of_midnight
I only use Twitter. A lot of models use Reddit and Telegram but I haven't been bothered with them myself. I would suggest avoiding Instagram as they are anti-sex work.
Yeah I have had my account rejected twice on Instagram.. that must be why. I'm just following some models now on Twitter to get an idea of how it works.. is there any big twitter no nos I should know about?

mike_aussie

Cam Model
Aug 1, 2020
Australia
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@mikeaussie1
Chaturbate Username
mike_aussie
Yeah I have had my account rejected twice on Instagram.. that must be why. I'm just following some models now on Twitter to get an idea of how it works.. is there any big twitter no nos I should know about?

Don't follow too many people too fast. You want a 50/50 ratio or better. Links and hashtags in bio are fine. If you want people to retweet you don't spam your posts with links and hashtags because it looks spammy and leads to people getting shadow-banned.

Nov 18, 2020
Denver, CO
Twitter Username
@xxlsuperlouis
Chaturbate Username
xxlrollingpapers
Like everyone said Twitter is probably the best. Was never a big fan of it for personal use but I’ve grown to like it since I started using it for brand promotion. I’ve even paid someone with a large following around $10 to retweet 6 of my posts just to see what would happen. I didn’t blow up overnight or anything lol but it was cool to see they actually retweeted me to their audience as promised and at least got me out there. I only tried that once but depending on your advertising budget I’m sure you can get yourself in front of a lot of people. I would recommend getting comfortable with twitter before paying anyone for promotion though.

Reactions: Lola_Lace
Jan 3, 2021
UK
www.chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@lolalace5
Chaturbate Username
Stroke_of_midnight
I kind of work with social media in my normal humdrum life so it can be adapted to suit twitter with a little research. I'm thinking to go back to college to study computers as I'm pretty good at design and always enjoyed it in school. Maybe with a media element as I also enjoy psychology and the three combined would be a lot of help online :)

Thanks for the replies nice to meet you all :)

Jan 12, 2021
UK🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
www.onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@TheIzzyQuizzy
MFC Username
IzzyQuizzy
Hi! I only use twitter now... for the life of me, i couldn't get the hang of Reddit haha and like other shave said, instagram is hot on getting rid of SW posts and accounts (i had a few before giving up on that too)

I try my very best to promote myself on twitter but i dont really see much progression sub wise on OF or new people in my room on MFC... but its great for letting your followers know when you'll be on cam or if you're gonna be late etc

X

Dec 16, 2020
Hi! I only use twitter now... for the life of me, i couldn't get the hang of Reddit haha and like other shave said, instagram is hot on getting rid of SW posts and accounts (i had a few before giving up on that too)

I try my very best to promote myself on twitter but i dont really see much progression sub wise on OF or new people in my room on MFC... but its great for letting your followers know when you'll be on cam or if you're gonna be late etc

X
Are you actually engaging on your twitter, not talking about the occasional post, like and retweet.

Growing a social media is about interaction A LOT on top of 'good' content posting

Now more than ever with platforms being saturated AF you have to give x 5 to get.

Assass_Sia

Cam Model
Sep 14, 2020
Europe
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@AssassSia
Chaturbate Username
RetroAssassSia
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1004351819/AssassSia/
I am very new to camming and video creation. I am on chaturbate since a few months and I just posted my first videos on ManyVids the other day. (yay!) The view count was pretty low, so I was stressing out and was thinking I *had* to advertise in a rush somehow. So in addition to my twitter I was starting an Instagram today. But of course, traffic is not magically happening. ^.^ And some weird promotion accounts immediately messaged me and wanted me to pay them for posting my content on their feed. Which I didn't do...

I have since longer time a twitter account which grows very slowly because, on the contrary to me irl, I am very shy when it comes to online interaction. I am trying my best to overcome this, but it's hard if you're a bit on the introverted side.

Long story short: twitter is great for adult content, if you invest time and effort and are charming and outgoing and have good content. Instagram I am unsure about and can't really tell after one day.
I think regularity is key, also interacting with people and dropping kind words frequently. Expressing appreciation never hurts!

Personally I will keep stretching my antennas into new social media territories but I think it's important to choose your favourite ones, that fit you the best and stick with it. Otherwise one gets exhausted quite easily, which happened to me the last days, I have to say.

Reactions: Lola_Lace

prettyartist1992

Cam Model
May 6, 2020
USA
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@prettyartist92
Chaturbate Username
prettyartist1992
Hello again 😁 new member with a million questions haha..

Which social platforms do you prefer for promoting your brand?

Can I look at your social media accounts to get some inspiration?

Hey ! :) I don't use a lot of social media but I do have a Twitter ( in my 'about section' on here) and I can follow you if you want :)