AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Social Security Setting

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2020
Chaturbate Username
BRathletecum
Hi everyone, I set up my account on Chaturbate and I provided my Social Security Number to them. On my second paycheck, they requested me to fill out the W9 form. However, I am an international student on F1 visa and I cannot work off campus.
I changed my payment choice and I shifted to Paxum, because then I will be able to send the money to my bank account there. However, I believe they are holding my payment because of my SSN. Is there any way I can exclude my SSN from cb? I sent then an e-mail and even providing my international address, they are still holding the money.
I thought about filling other Broadcast Form and see if that works. Then I would send them an e-mail explaining why I had to do that.

Do you guys can help with this? I am really worried I will no longer be able to broadcast there because of this mess.

I appreciate all the help I can get!

Thank you!

I am by no means a tax or immigration expert. But, I would be extremely careful on your visa. I have seen a number of people have them revoked for various infractions. Reading the below, you will have to pay taxes on the money earned.

In general, aliens performing services in the United States as employees are liable for U.S. Social Security and Medicare taxes. However, certain classes of alien employees are exempt from U.S. Social Security and Medicare taxes.

Resident aliens, in general, have the same liability for Social Security/Medicare Taxes that U.S. Citizens have.

Nonresident aliens, in general, are also liable for Social Security/Medicare Taxes on wages paid to them for services performed by them in the United States, with certain exceptions based on their nonimmigrant status. The following classes of nonimmigrants and nonresident aliens are exempt from U.S. Social Security and Medicare taxes:

• F-visas, J-visas, M-visas, Q-visas. Nonresident Alien students, scholars, professors, teachers, trainees, researchers, physicians, au pairs, summer camp workers, and other aliens temporarily present in the United States in F-1,J-1,M-1, or Q-1/Q-2 nonimmigrant status are exempt on wages paid to them for services performed within the United States as long as such services are allowed by USCIS for these nonimmigrant statuses, and such services are performed to carry out the purposes for which such visas were issued to them.
  • Exempt Employment includes:
    • On-campus student employment up to 20 hours a week (40 hrs during summer vacations).
    • Off-campus student employment allowed by USCIS.
    • Practical Training student employment on or off campus.
    • Employment as professor, teacher or researcher.
    • Employment as a physician, au pair, or summer camp worker.
  • Limitations on exemption:
    • The exemption does not apply to spouses and children in F-2, J-2, M-2, or Q-3 nonimmigrant status.
    • The exemption does not apply to employment not allowed by USCIS or to employment not closely connected to the purpose for which the visa was issued.
    • The exemption does not apply to F-1,J-1,M-1, or Q-1/Q-2 nonimmigrants who change to an immigration status which is not exempt or to a special protected status.
    • The exemption does not apply to F-1,J-1,M-1, or Q-1/Q-2 nonimmigrants who become resident aliens.

Upvote 0
Hi! Thank you for replying,

Yes, this is the issue. I am on F1 visa, however, I have already updated my bank information for my Brazilian bank, so I can pay my taxes there. I changed as soon as they asked me to sign the W9 form, because I aware I could have trouble with my visa if I signed that document.

I am waiting to see if they can exclude my SSN from my account if this is necessary. I updated my information to Paxum, and I will transfer directly to my account in Brazil, so it isn't even registered in the US.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.