AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

some serious thought has finally made me pull the trigger on the OSW career path but...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2021
U do still have a couple questions, as well, I'm sure there will be more to follow in the near future and i start to network and upload more and more content. I hope these dont seem too ignorant, as this will be my first time ever uploading anything of my self, a new exciting future .

so the two questions i would currently appreciate answered are as followed:

1. Will the transparency of my Significant Other effect the money i will be making in a drastic manner on either end of the spectrum?

and

2. Is there some kind of scale or idea of what i should be charging per pic/video? I fully understand that every woman is beautiful in their own way, so that will change prices im sure. but what did you ladies do? did you find a similar woman to compare yourself to and sort of start there? i just REALLY dont wanna low ball my first photoshoot then set an expectation if i could be making a better sale in the future ya know?

Reactions: MarieElise
1. Will the transparency of my Significant Other effect the money i will be making in a drastic manner on either end of the spectrum?
It could, it depends on the person. It could ruin your relationship, depending on how secure they are/ strong the relationship is. Or alternately they could be a source of strength, that pushes you forward, and supports you.

1. Yes, I find disclosing my relationship status does have an impact on my earnings. I'm still honest about it, but it definitely turns a lot of guys off. Some of them want the fantasy of an available woman, but I just don't feel comfortable lying about that.

2. I don't sell photo sets, so I'm not sure what the going rate for that is. I price my videos a dollar a minute plus $1, so for example, a 15 minute video is $16. If it took an unusual amount of work and editing I may add more to that number. For custom videos I charge $10 a minute.

so the two questions i would currently appreciate answered are as followed:

That varies. You have to have a thick skin while talking about your relationship because some members will be whiny pissbabies about you being in a relationship while others will ask you really invasive questions about it so decide what your boundaries are ahead of time (also ask your partner if/how they want to be discussed on cam because their consent is important too!). Some people will also not give a shit either way. Just do what makes you comfy, see what happens and don't be afraid to change your mind on how you decide to handle it later.

2. Is there some kind of scale or idea of what i should be charging per pic/video? I fully understand that every woman is beautiful in their own way, so that will change prices im sure. but what did you ladies do? did you find a similar woman to compare yourself to and sort of start there? i just REALLY dont wanna low ball my first photoshoot then set an expectation if i could be making a better sale in the future ya know?
For custom videos $10/min has been the industry standard for a long time so don't go lower than that. For premades it varies depending on how long they are or what is in them. I'd recommend stalking the profiles and clip stores of other models who seem similar to you and see what their rates are. I did a shit ton of this before I started out.

It could, it depends on the person. It could ruin your relationship, depending on how secure they are/ strong the relationship is. Or alternately they could be a source of strength, that pushes you forward, and supports you.
OK don't mind me. I thought you were asking if you should tell your Significant Other about your camming career.

Status
Not open for further replies.