AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Some videos randomly freezing

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I am just wondering if this is a "me" problem or a site problem, so I am asking here to see if anyone else has the same issues. if it's not the site then I honestly don't know what to do/try.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that some videos would play for literally 2 or 3 seconds, and then they would just freeze/pause. I can still hear sound but the video itself completely freezes on the last frame. I can refresh 1 time, 10 times or 100 times, and it will do the same. With this what I noticed they all had in common was the fact they all had 1080p60 and 720p60 and then other options like 720p. I decided to change the resolution on each of them to the regular 720p and hey presto, everything worked perfectly fine. These exact models also broadcast on CB, so I tested them on there too - and without changing the settings (so they stayed at 1080p), it played fine and normal for me. So this led me to believe there was/is a problem for me on SC with 1080p60 and 720p60 videos playing. I thought maybe this is because my PC is rather old (I had it since 2013). I tested it on my mobile phone (Galaxy S22) and it did the same for me)

Come 2 weeks later (approx) and these same women (there were 2 I noticed it on) this was happening with still have the same settings BUT the video no longer freezes at all with them. Marvellous, right? Nope, sadly not.
NOW it's worse. Now, this is happening on OTHER model's videos and these models are using various resolutions. For example, there are 2 models I am having a problem with right now: Model A = uses 1080p and 720p (no x60 frame), and then Model B = only has 720p.

No matter which setting I use, 1080, 720, or anything below, when it freezes, it completely freezes.
It happens on PC and my phone still.
The only fix I have found is if I disable "ultra-low latency".

There seems to be no consistency (that I can see which is obvious) that is between which models this happens with.

I am really curious if anyone else is having these same issues.

I am just wondering if this is a "me" problem or a site problem, so I am asking here to see if anyone else has the same issues. if it's not the site then I honestly don't know what to do/try.

A few weeks ago, I noticed that some videos would play for literally 2 or 3 seconds, and then they would just freeze/pause. I can still hear sound but the video itself completely freezes on the last frame. I can refresh 1 time, 10 times or 100 times, and it will do the same. With this what I noticed they all had in common was the fact they all had 1080p60 and 720p60 and then other options like 720p. I decided to change the resolution on each of them to the regular 720p and hey presto, everything worked perfectly fine. These exact models also broadcast on CB, so I tested them on there too - and without changing the settings (so they stayed at 1080p), it played fine and normal for me. So this led me to believe there was/is a problem for me on SC with 1080p60 and 720p60 videos playing. I thought maybe this is because my PC is rather old (I had it since 2013). I tested it on my mobile phone (Galaxy S22) and it did the same for me)

Come 2 weeks later (approx) and these same women (there were 2 I noticed it on) this was happening with still have the same settings BUT the video no longer freezes at all with them. Marvellous, right? Nope, sadly not.
NOW it's worse. Now, this is happening on OTHER model's videos and these models are using various resolutions. For example, there are 2 models I am having a problem with right now: Model A = uses 1080p and 720p (no x60 frame), and then Model B = only has 720p.

No matter which setting I use, 1080, 720, or anything below, when it freezes, it completely freezes.
It happens on PC and my phone still.
The only fix I have found is if I disable "ultra-low latency".

There seems to be no consistency (that I can see which is obvious) that is between which models this happens with.

I am really curious if anyone else is having these same issues.
As I only visit, for any length of time per visit, one room, I cannot say how widespread it is, but I have occasionally experienced issues in my friend's room. I always put it down to something at my end or due to Australia's poor infrastructure. As you have discovered, the "best" solution is turn off ultra-low latency. Although that can mean major lag between video and audio.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.