AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stage Fright

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I found that putting my camera in a place where I couldn't see it directly helped me. Early on I would also choose not to watch my own cam. Having everything arranged before hand also helped me because often the set-up process alone might be enough to deter me into writing code instead of transmitting.

Cheers,
Cexmental

It helped me to think about it in terms of, "I'm only going to be online for 10 minutes." A few minutes into being online, I'm less anxious.
Streamate was very forgiving for this, I could log on with a gold show goal and that momentum would keep me online.

But it's still a debilitating problem for me. Onlyfans + manyvids has been a savior even though I still feel too anxious to make content most days. So if you're not already, please look into anything that gives you passive income, because there's nothing worse than those days were you're having anxiety about going on cam and you know you really, really need the money!

Edit: also the longer time that passes since you were last online, the harder it is to get online again.
Edit 2: also also, ask yourself, what IS the worst thing that can happen? For me, it's a silent room. But I'm always pleasantly surprised at regulars happy to see me online again.
If being in front of a camera is hard but you're ok with being online, you can try looking into skype show sites. Skyprivate helps me because it's pay-per-minute, whereas prepaid shows have given me too many anxiety attacks at this point to consider any more. You have to discover what works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe cannabis causing low pressure and cold hands and feets. From my own experience...I have heard,that ocb oil is better option. And saying something like "i will be online for an hour" really helps

Years in I still get this. This stuff works for me on Streamate, might not be a good idea on token sites.
  • make deals with myself (if you stream 1 hour you can sign off and eat candy)
  • Have a special trashy show I only watch when Im camming
  • Tell myself its just an hour of browsing reddit/reading webcomics/ACF …the cam just happens to be on
  • Set breaks at regular intervals

It helped me to think about it in terms of, "I'm only going to be online for 10 minutes." A few minutes into being online, I'm less anxious.
Streamate was very forgiving for this, I could log on with a gold show goal and that momentum would keep me online.

But it's still a debilitating problem for me. Onlyfans + manyvids has been a savior even though I still feel too anxious to make content most days. So if you're not already, please look into anything that gives you passive income, because there's nothing worse than those days were you're having anxiety about going on cam and you know you really, really need the money!
This is great advice.

If I'm just not feeling it when it comes to cam, I'll put in my topic that it'll be a shorter stream so people know that I probably won't be online very long. If all I can handle is 20 minutes, that's fine. If it ends up being a couple hours, I thank everyone for making me feel comfortable and happy enough to want to stay for a while.

Passive income has been a lifesaver for me. I know I can do shorter streams or skip cam entirely if I'm really feeling crappy, but my bills will still be paid. OF and MV are great, as @KMH said.

I want to come back to this because after putting it off for far too long, I recently started therapy for this specific issue. Yesterday I did almost 2 hours of livestream, which is HUGE for me.. and today I told myself 12 hours ago that I'd stream, and as of this post, my feet are still cold.
But it was all meaningful, because I followed my therapist's advice of writing down how I felt right before I got on cam, and how I felt right after cam, as well as making note of my thoughts/feelings of when anxiety wins and I'm stuck offline.

The notes I've made have already been so helpful in understanding myself, even if I don't have an answer to my problems yet! I STRONGLY recommend to make notes and be as transparent as possible with how you're thinking/feeling so you can look back on it when you're more emotionally grounded, and can figure out the root of your anxiety, and bring it up to someone afterwards (preferably a professional) so you can both work out how to overcome these hurdles.

Ran out of time to edit but I wanted to add: I've always found therapy to be a waste of time and be filled with nothing but pill-pushers, so when I finally decided to seek out someone that has experience with working with employees/occupations that have anxiety/stress/etc, I made the right choice and I can't recommend it enough; even if camming itself might be very specific as a job, the work anxiety issue itself is not.

My psychologist has experience in organisation psychology, and the questions he asks me when I talk about my work anxiety really shows that. It challenges my perspective and is helping me change my mindset. I finally feel like I've found someone that will actually change my life. Highly, highly recommend to seek these particular professionals out if your anxiety is not debilitating outside of camming/content, and if this is something you (OP) or anyone else finds themselves struggling with on a regular basis.

Ran out of time to edit but I wanted to add: I've always found therapy to be a waste of time and be filled with nothing but pill-pushers, so when I finally decided to seek out someone that has experience with working with employees/occupations that have anxiety/stress/etc, I made the right choice and I can't recommend it enough; even if camming itself might be very specific as a job, the work anxiety issue itself is not.

My psychologist has experience in organisation psychology, and the questions he asks me when I talk about my work anxiety really shows that. It challenges my perspective and is helping me change my mindset. I finally feel like I've found someone that will actually change my life. Highly, highly recommend to seek these particular professionals out if your anxiety is not debilitating outside of camming/content, and if this is something you (OP) or anyone else finds themselves struggling with on a regular basis.
Practice your camming routine, whatever it is, dancing, talking, stripping.....practice it with the camera OFF. Get accustomed to doing things in front of the camera without an audience. Then when it's turned ON you won't feel so anxious or intimidated if you've made friends with it already ;-) As a figure model, I spend a lot of time posing in front of the mirror so I when I get on the platform I'm very comfortable with what I'm doing. Anxiety comes from feeling insecure (at least for me that's how it works), so if you practice your gig, and get good at it, you'll KNOW you're killing it and can tell anxiety to take a hike! Good luck !!!! Oh, and Cannabis, maybe smoke less?? I find smaller doses are better for performing than a full on stone.

Reactions: LolaLuv
apologies if the above sounded harsh but it's a genuine question and I can't seem to edit my post. These types of feelings don't generally just go away and I guess it's difficult to face the truth in some ways but if you really are getting these feelings then perhaps camming is not for you.

apologies if the above sounded harsh but it's a genuine question and I can't seem to edit my post. These types of feelings don't generally just go away and I guess it's difficult to face the truth in some ways but if you really are getting these feelings then perhaps camming is not for you.
I cant speak for OP but I get anxious about any job I have, I'm pretty sure working is just not for me lol But most of us have to work so....

I don't think I will ever not be nervous before going on cam. I think it's cognitive dissonance. My conscious mind tells me that I want to dance and feel sexy on cam, but my upbringing has convinced my subconscious that this kind of behavior makes me a bad woman, and bad things happen to bad women.

Most of the time I just say if nobody comes into my room in 5 minutes I'll log off. As long as my technology is working I am usually engaged in conversation and maybe even making money within 5 minutes. Sometimes if I'm super reluctant I'll say I'm just going to start streaming while I set up my lights and if I'm still not ready to work I'll apologize to the room and log off. When I do this there are always people in my room asking me questions, talking to each other, giving me compliments.... so I'm happy to stay.

Bottom line, just do it. Don't think, just set your time that you'll be on and somehow make yourself just do it even if you don't want to. I've never regretted working when I didn't want to.

• Hugs
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I cant speak for OP but I get anxious about any job I have, I'm pretty sure working is just not for me lol But most of us have to work so....
And OP didn't even say it's the job they don't enjoy. If the post said, "Does anyone have any advice for constantly hating live cam?" then that might have been relevant advice.

Wireless earbud in a light pink/nude/whatever color blends in and put hair over the ear bud. I've watched Netflix or listened to podcasts on my iPad while streaming haha. One earbud allows me to still hear notifications and how loud I'm talking. On PMS days I set up cam angles so it's on a close up and I've read a book they couldn't see. I still kept an eye on the chat and paid attention when busy or chatting but it definitely helps me stay on longer.

I've also done the whole making deals with myself to stay on for a certain amount of time. Things like I can order take out instead of cooking or I can spend half of what I make that last hour on whatever I want. I usually stay on longer so I can shop "guilt" free.

I'm extremely ADHD and I've found the 5 second rule is extremely helpful as I procrastinate or simply space out. Write down your goals or actions you need to do that day/morning/whatever and as soon as you think of it, you have less than 5 seconds to get up and get it done. It takes the procrastination part out because you can't reason or give excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.