AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Star Trek: Picard

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In nearly every(non Star trek related) book, movie, or show some how in some way my favorite character gets gets killed off. I've gotten used to it, sorta. But when they killed off the seemingly un-killable Data I was so upset. I regretted having seen that movie solely for that. So if they actually bring back Data somehow I will be so freaking happy.

Either way I'm stoked to see this!

Everything depends on the writing. They can run this show on cameo's alone, pandering will only get them so far. I'm excited to see what they do but they still seem to want to wire up Star Trek into more of an action show that it was designed to be. Picard wasn't a character you run through firefights. I just don't want this to be Star Wars with comm badges like Discovery turned out.

Though I'm interested what they take from the books or STO regarding the tech and timeline and ships. Would like to finally see the Titan also wondering if Seven and Hue found the Cooperative like they do in STO.

I'm interested in seeing this. However, not interested enough to be forced to buy "yet another" subscription.

You can VPN change your netflix to canada region and watch it there when it comes out.

Don't have Netflix, only Prime. I'm one of those where if I have to do a lot of work to watch TV, or get around subscribe, I feel it just isn't worth my time. Far too many other things to do, and TBH, regularly scheduled shows (Tuesday @ 7:00pm for example) rarely work for me due to my erratic work and life schedule. I might see 1-2 shows a season that way. It's part of the reason why I stopped watching Big Bang Theory. Great show, enjoyed it. But, the only real way I could watch it was seeing the randomized reruns because i felt purchasing the seasons was far too much.

As someone who only watched The Next Generation, and no other Trek series, i hafta calibrate myself to this new one, which is taking classic characters into the modern era of entertainment. Of course this being 2019/2020, almost all, if not all, of the feels from the 80s/90s is expected to be gone, including the awesome cheesiness of that era.

Status
Not open for further replies.