AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Star Wars: Rogue One

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Vega

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 6, 2016
Twitter Username
@TheValVega
All I can say is WOW! Best Star Wars movie I have ever seen and one of my favorite movies ever.

As a side note, this is not a movie for young kids. It is very dark and violent.

Reactions: Gen
I just saw it! It was good but yeah, very dark. The battle was amazing and I loved most of the secondary characters.

Also it was super refreshing to see a self-contained movie!! So many sequels and prequels nowadays that it was nice to see something that didn't have a cliffhanger, haha.

I might rope my mom into going to see it. She won't take much prodding, because Star Wars, but she's been hesitant. I wanna see it so baaaaad.

Reactions: Val Vega
You absolutely must, Excella. I have seen both Clone Wars series, Rebels, all of the prequels, Rogue One (what the prequels should have been), the original trilogy, and A Force Awakens. Rogue One stands above them all in my eyes. I absolutely adored it.

For fuck's sake, I spent two hours of my camming sessions pretty much talking about it. Hell, I got around 300 tokens just for geeking out about it, lol. It is the gift that keeps on giving. :party:

Reactions: ExcellaExe
I will use this thread to have a moan about The Force Awakens if you don't mind :bag:

I love sci fi but I'm not a big star wars fan, I thought id give the Force Awakens a chance so I watched it the other week..

I couldn't believe the writing in it :| people become best friends and trust each other implicitly instantly after meeting

The Storm trooper who helps the pilot escape and then they crash were with each other how long? just for the duration of an escape... then when they see other again they embrace like best friends

There was no development of relationships, no arc, just instant

It reminded me a lot of the film Avatar, very easy to watch and fairly enjoyable action but total fluff and no substance

Saying all that, it being easy to watch made it much better than any other star wars film that had longg boring parts

The Storm trooper who helps the pilot escape and then they crash were with each other how long? just for the duration of an escape... then when they see other again they embrace like best friends

Stuff like that makes total sense to me. If someone rescued me (either from being Kylo Ren's captive, or from being a Stormtrooper) and we went through a battle together, and then I thought they died in a plane crash, I'd be super excited to see them alive.

Even Rey and Finn, they're both fairly desperate and isolated people when they meet. So to me it seems logical that if they share a common goal or interest, after spending so long surrounded by people that didn't, that they'd become BFFs, especially since circumstances dictate that they need to work together.

Stuff like that makes total sense to me. If someone rescued me (either from being Kylo Ren's captive, or from being a Stormtrooper) and we went through a battle together, and then I thought they died in a plane crash, I'd be super excited to see them alive.

Would it not run through your mind that maybe you were being released by the stormtrooper to be fooled into leading them to the bot you know they're looking for

Wayyy too trusting

Would it not run through your mind that maybe you were being released by the stormtrooper to be fooled into leading them to the bot you know they're looking for

Wayyy too trusting

Haha good point, I suppose one's interpretation depends on their level of cynicism :p

I really enjoyed it, though Star Wars (I refuse to call it A New Hope) will always be my sentimental favorite. I saw it on opening day as a five year old wee lad. I still remember standing in line to see it.

I would say the best films in the series, in order:

The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars

The one and two won't change, for me. Then, it gets a bit murky:

The Force Awakens
Rogue One
The Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith

Four really good, strong films with some very slight flaws. Sith is the only one of the prequel trilogy I really liked. Jedi would get a higher ranking on my list, but this is where Lucas started getting cutesy/pandering to kids. The Ewoks were just too much for me. I have only seen Rogue One once; I'll get it when it comes out next week, and watch it again. It's close to The Force Awakens. This group will change, from time to time, depending on my mood.

Lastly:

Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

Both films had some highs. Liam and Ewan were great in Ep I. Darth Maul was cool. But Jar Jar Binks...."Meesa so sorry", but he ruins the film for me. And the stupid Clone army. "Roger, Roger."

The acting by Jake Lloyd was stiff, but he's a kid, or was when it was being filmed. Hayden Christiensen was awful in Ep II. He was better in Sith. And he and Natalie Portman had no chemistry at all.

I didn't like it, it feels to me that every single Star Wars movie lately is a rehash of the exact same formula... it's boring.
I'll agree with you about The Force Awakens...but I'm not sure I follow you on this particular movie. Can you elaborate a bit?

Reactions: Gen
All I can say is WOW! Best Star Wars movie I have ever seen and one of my favorite movies ever.

As a side note, this is not a movie for young kids. It is very dark and violent.

Had this been a WWII French resistance film I would have liked it. As it was set in a sci-fi universe I would have loved it - except... it was a prequel to a sequel set up by making three travesties the original prequels. If I had gone into it cold, great movie! With all the SW baggage it's a bit of trivia to a tired story.

Objectively, best since Empire. I really enjoyed the story and characters when watching. It's a film that suffers from its ugly cousins.

This scene from "Fanboys" describes how I feel about every Star Wars movie released ater RotJ:

A lot of hype, followed by even more disappointment.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: DFT and Gen
I really liked it after finally seeing it finally in the last two weeks. I guess I kind of knew how it was gonna end, but, seeing how it ended and ultimately leads us to the very first Star Wars movie was Awesome! I loved how they handled the cgi. It was amazing to see Princess Leia and Tarkin back which I am not sure how that happened, as well as Red Leader with the archive footage (! Really nice add).

I didn't crap my pants when I saw the at-at walkers but I would have if I was in that situation. So Awesome!

The comical aspects didn't hurt either, which I have found to be getting larger and larger since Return of the Jedi and I think they did a great job of it here (probably on par with Return of the Jedi). I know this movie was delayed and reshot a bit because the hollywood peoples thought it was too dark and I'm wishing for an extended original edition someday.

Last edited:
Rogue one was one for the fans, putting in some backstory to the originals and explaining a massive plot hole- "why was it so easy to blow up the death star". I think if you weren't already a starwars fan it would be an enjoyable film in its own right, but you wouldn't understand the references or be able to follow a lot of the plotline. I enjoyed watching it, I didn't feel particularly attached to any of the characters which is good seeing as how it ends. Though I love the idea that it isn't really the end for them, more fan spoilers.

But Jar Jar Binks...."Meesa so sorry", but he ruins the film for me.

I hated jar jar binks, actually still do. But... I appreciated him much more after finding out that he was supposed to become a Sith Lord, and that all that idiotic bumbling is just a way to distract everyone from how evil he really is. It really changes the film as after that, he seems so completely evil and calculated. Which is somehow less annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.