AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Strange Problem With Dice and Token Menu Outputs Getting Filtered

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Have any of you seen a situation where on CB the announcements made by the model's dice game and token menu stop displaying? When this happens to me I can open up the room in an anonymous browser tab and suddenly those things appear again. But in my regular browser tab they are not appearing. I can run the two tabs side by side and the anonymous works and the logged in tab persistently fails. When this happens and I bid on a token menu item, my logged in browser sees no announcement about what I bid for. The anonymous browser tab sees my bid and shows the model's announcement about which item I purchased. Another artifact of this problem: the emoticons disappear. All lines in which I include an emotion in the chat room also disappear. But the anonymous tab sees the comments and the emoticons. I do NOT have emoticons turned off in my settings.

Any ideas on Chrome browser settings or add-ons that might cause this to happen? I definitely turned off the ad blocker, but clearly something else is filtering out content.

Last edited:
Have you tried switching between the new cb player and the old one? I have the feeling some things don't always appear in the new cb player.

Reactions: DoD404
Have you tried switching between the new cb player and the old one? I have the feeling some things don't always appear in the new cb player.
More probably the contrary, as you're browsing with the 'old player' when you broadcast, but yes, you may see a difference with the second browser by switching between them.

There are a lot of similar refresh problems in CB.
They seem to happen more often in very loaded chats (with chatty users, chatty applications or with many notifications on 'enter' & 'leaving' when you mod or broadcast).
It happens also when chat is full, with many old messages , like not refreshed since a long time.
(This may explain why the second browser refreshes better than your broadcast chat as being only newer)

It doesn't seem to be a big problem, but you can also communicate these kind of things to the developer of the application or the bot.
When you start or restart an App, go in 'Description tab' there is a thread concerning the specific app. Most of developers answer kindly

I need to start doing extensive testing. I suspect it is some interaction between a tampermonkey script used to automate sending tokens and the new play modes. I just find it really bizarre that my browser would selectively filter out outputs of the model's bots. How could my browser - or any script running on my browser - have knowledge about which lines in the chat are output responses generated by an app instead of a human? And why selectively target just those? I wonder if CB is deliberately making legacy chat dysfunctional to force people into the new chat environment? I would gladly go to the new environment, but my tampermonkey script does not work with it. The developer of that script never replies to contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.