AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate BS behavior?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2017
I tried sm for the second time yesterday and all guys do there is just log in and log off immediately before I could even say hi. Then 3 guys in 3 separate occasions asked for private asking me to show them my boobs and to stand up but left before the first minute was over in order not to be charged I suppose? So are they using this trick to get to see all of me and dissapear before they actually pay me? Are they just trying to humiliate me or bring me down? I'm really hating this site. I spent two hours and made zero money. They tell me that I look insanely hot but there's no one asking for a show or willing to pay..my camera is fine, makeup on point..I don't know what these guys actually want but I am reading posts from other girls that this site is not working for them...should I just leave?

Streammate doesn't seem to be working for me either but I blame my cam for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
and all guys do there is just log in and log off immediately before I could even say hi.

This is super common. There's no way to see previews from the main page, and most models request a static bio pic instead of a live snapshot, so guys pop room to room until they find a model they like. I just smile at the camera each time someone enters, and wait for them to start conversation.

Then 3 guys in 3 separate occasions asked for private asking me to show them my boobs and to stand up but left before the first minute was over in order not to be charged I suppose?

They don't get charged for the first 30 seconds, but if they stay 31-59 seconds, they get charged for the full minute. A handful of dudes take advantage of this, but sometimes they stay for a couple seconds too long, and you get money from them. After that, they'll get charged 50% of your minute rate for half a minute, etc. Don't show anything before 30 seconds are up. Use a stopwatch application or pull up the clock on your computer so you can see the seconds. Use that time to greet them, ask if your sound/camera are good (the free period is in case of tech issues, after all), reposition yourself/your camera in preparation for the show, and then once the 30 seconds are up, they're getting charged so you can start showing.

OOOOh I didn't know about the thirty seconds rule, I will keep that in mind and use the stopwatch for sure. Why are these losers in a paysite to mess around when there are so many free sites to get their rocks off? I think chaturbate might be better..

OOOOh I didn't know about the thirty seconds rule, I will keep that in mind and use the stopwatch for sure. Why are these losers in a paysite to mess around when there are so many free sites to get their rocks off? I think chaturbate might be better..

Because pulling one over on someone is what does it for them, they're pathetic people.

You make a new account get on twice and the second time only for two hours and won't why you aren't making money? Yes it sucks being new and SM has more models online than even MFC. You're probably off the first page for new models since you haven't put the time into it. Being hot, cute or pretty only gets someone look at you but you still need to market yourself to get a sale.

Just reading your comments tells me you're very negative about SM already. It's your choice not to like something but negative vibes come through the camera.

I have no way to know what your profile is on SM because you didn't even bother to link it but I will tell you a few things.
1. framing just your head in your cam isn't going to work. There's a difference between not doing requests for free and completely hiding your bodyshape. A full body pic of you (clothes, nude, whatever) and a picture of the toys you have answer 80% of the questions guys will ask you.
2. LET GUYS READ YOUR BIO. this can take a little bit but it saves you redundant questions later. If guys jump in and out you may want to check your tags.
3. check your comments. A guy can write a comment after 2 min of pvt with you. It just takes one bad session to get a bad comment. Comments like "time waster" to ruin you before you start.
4. if the person trying to take you pvt disconnects after 30 seconds it's probably a handshake bug. SM initiate the pvt connect BEFORE it verifies the customer. So what you see is the timeout. The 30 second freebie issue comes into play when someone ALREADY has you in a pvt and OTHER people join and leave in 30 seconds to see if you're already naked.
5. some people take longer than others. Again this goes to patience. Silence can mean a slow typer or someone trying to run words through a translator.
6. Room threats are ALWAYS negative. Tell the room you're going to kick people can only be considered negative to the customer. If you need to kick someone just do it. Threaten the room and you'll be in an empty room forever.
7. people don't know your prices till after they enter the room. Sticker shock happens sometimes.

I'm just giving things from a customer's eyes and what at least for me would close the deal and make a sale. I feel for models about the 30sec peepers but social cam models deal with people getting free stuff FOR HOURS from them and they deal with it.

If you're going quit a camsite after two-something hours, well good luck.

This is super common. There's no way to see previews from the main page, and most models request a static bio pic instead of a live snapshot, so guys pop room to room until they find a model they like. I just smile at the camera each time someone enters, and wait for them to start conversation.

There are always live preview option in SM, it's a radio button in the top right of the window. The option to view the bio without entering free chat is currently not working on the HTML version of the website however it's 50/50 as of today so I hope they get it correct soon.

4. if the person trying to take you pvt disconnects after 30 seconds it's probably a handshake bug. SM initiate the pvt connect BEFORE it verifies the customer. So what you see is the timeout. The 30 second freebie issue comes into play when someone ALREADY has you in a pvt and OTHER people join and leave in 30 seconds to see if you're already naked.

There are definitely a ton of private/exclusive initiators who have no intention of staying longer than 30 seconds. I understand that sometimes it truly is a connection issue, but there are a bunch of guys who initiate and then start barking requests/open their cam so they can quickly waggle their dick at you before getting charged.
They usually stick to new models since experienced girls know better. The amount of jerks you get trying this greatly diminishes once you're no longer listed among new models and your placement improves.

I tried sm for the second time yesterday and all guys do there is just log in and log off immediately before I could even say hi. Then 3 guys in 3 separate occasions asked for private asking me to show them my boobs and to stand up but left before the first minute was over in order not to be charged I suppose? So are they using this trick to get to see all of me and dissapear before they actually pay me? Are they just trying to humiliate me or bring me down? I'm really hating this site. I spent two hours and made zero money. They tell me that I look insanely hot but there's no one asking for a show or willing to pay..my camera is fine, makeup on point..I don't know what these guys actually want but I am reading posts from other girls that this site is not working for them...should I just leave?

Don't take it personal when they leave. The nature of SM is a lot of popping in and out. I make great money on SM and still get guys poking in and out. You get used to it and I just know it's a guy browsing the site, not taking personal digs at me--I'm just not their type or what they want at that moment and that is fine. When I first started SM I was used to the fast-paced nature of token sites so I would get impatient. I'd log on for an hour, not make very much and log out pissed off. I'd recommend sticking out more time on cam, getting used to the site, greeting/interacting with members, watching some girls on the top row etc. There are SO many hot girls on cam but if being hot was all that it took and not quality performance, interaction, great tech settings etc --everyone would make a killing on cam.

My general rule for trying a new site is this: If I don't put in full-time hours, I can't get pissed off about not having full-time pay for it. So I catch myself being a bit more flustered and negative than I thought I was being. You're brand new. Once you give it time, get some regulars, ratings, comments, tags going it WILL get a lot easier. You're in new territory and no success is instant.

As for the first 30 seconds I have it down to slowly start taking clothes off (not showing anything crazy explicit) while asking what they were looking for/begin talking dirty to engage them or rub myself on the outside of clothes etc vs someone sitting there with the "I'm not going to do anything until 30 seconds are up" type of negative vibe. If they are going to leave either way, they do but I still do this to engage the viewer in some way so I don't come across as a 'time waster'

I don't think you should quit after 2 hours. That is no way to get an accurate vibe off of any cam site even outside of SM

I totally agree with the point that 2 hours isn't a long enough time frame to gauge your earning ability on any camsite. Keep in mind that there's always the possibility that you were logged in during a slower time/day, too. Carmita Bonita's post was full of excellent advice. That being said, I also encourage putting in a little more time if you're planning on staying on SM, and genuinely giving it a shot. I have met some truly kickass regs via SM, but it can take some time and patience, especially during the slower periods.

I think chaturbate might be better..

pro: you can show off your assets in public, and thereby attract new followers while merely having fun or doing something for another tipper. and after teasing people with a lot of good stuff, they might be more likely to buy into a ticket show (explicit play behind a paywall).
con: piracy-bots record you doing lots of hardcore stuff. if you're highly concerned about public embarrassment/etc., keeping your tits/pussy/ass/cumshows behind a paywall may be the way to go.

Reactions: Kiki Jane
There are definitely a ton of private/exclusive initiators who have no intention of staying longer than 30 seconds. I understand that sometimes it truly is a connection issue, but there are a bunch of guys who initiate and then start barking requests/open their cam so they can quickly waggle their dick at you before getting charged.

lol wow. I'm so glad I'm on CB. people very rarely care to have me go look at their profile to see what they look like. and even when they do, it's not live, so they have no idea when I get around to loading their page, which means they can't judge my reaction or lack there of.

I think I'm starting to understand this thing now. At first I thought, man, if a guy doesn't want to pay, why doesn't he just anon or grey on any of the other camsites where you don't have to PVT to see something? where hundreds of people will do full cumshows without a paywall, 1000+ no-tokens members, 3000+ anon viewers from affiliate sites, and all the sexy action you could hope for...never mind only getting 30 seconds. ....But now it's starting to sound like the kind of males who sign up 'exhibitionist' accounts on CB, can't earn money, and get almost no viewers. ... probably the same creeps who got off grossing people out by trolling 'chat roulette' back in the day.

I'm a male cammer and i get that all the time over 1 year i've got 68 on my block list. some are too quick for me to catch but i pretend to start getting ready for a private show as they'll wait until you start then i block them before the private. When i am in a private (a rarity) they will then get in and out

Status
Not open for further replies.