AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate is recording exclusives and posting them online

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2016
What's the legality of this? There's a site called Live Violet that posts videos of Streamate models. I had assumed this was just some asshole from overseas posting his private shows for profit, but then I saw one of my own "exclusive" shows uploaded to the site. I was shocked, really.

Why is Streamate staff allowing this? Actually, I think they're the ones doing it, being that Live Violet appears to be an affiliate.

Something I've noticed is that a lot of new models are brought into insanely long exclusives during their first one or two days. And by long, I mean 2 to 3 hours. Gee, I wonder if that's a regular customer, or Streamate staff recording content for their own use?

I’ll admit it’s been years since I read the TOS but I’m pretty sure it’s stated that sm owns the rights to our stream and pretty much anything uploaded to the public area. It’s really not that uncommon as most sites have something similar in their tos. I don’t know about the specific site you mentioned but I’d say that things like this is how sm brings traffic to the site.... it’s one of their marketing strategies.

You can always try to send a dmca if you want to try and get your content removed or another option would be to join, download/record the video and start selling it yourself.

IMO it’s a waste of time to keep up with stuff like this. It takes way to much time away from other productive things I could be doing so I just think of it as free promotion and go on with my day.

There's a site called Live Violet that posts videos of Streamate models
This is old news. It's a whitelabel that has SM's permission to use our content.

Nobody cares. Imo keeps the people who are worth trouble away where's I can focus on people who want the real-time experience that camming has. I don't do any dmcas and I still able to attract an audience regardless. Some who probably actively watch them, but I don't care.

Live Violet is annoying because they market you how they think you should be. Like the kept calling me "Teen Audri", when I did NOT want to be attracting that type of audience. I was a 25 year old woman, and I didn't want people coming in thinking they'd get a teenage taboo kink on.

I contacted sm about removing an exclusive from there. They did, but now that vid is the one spread across all tube sites. I'm bummed because I was in a crappy wig and my cam room looked like shit, and it was a show at the end of my shift and I wasnt 100%. But - I've gotten traffic to my room from the vid being spread around, so there's that. Just gotta pick which battles you feel are worth fighting.

• Hugs
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I contacted sm about removing an exclusive from there. They did, but now that vid is the one spread across all tube sites. I'm bummed because I was in a crappy wig and my cam room looked like shit, and it was a show at the end of my shift and I wasnt 100%. But - I've gotten traffic to my room from the vid being spread around, so there's that. Just gotta pick which battles you feel are worth fighting.
Same thing happened to me

Is it just exclusives that they are uploading to these other sites, or premium sessions too?

Both, as far as I know. I've never found myself uploaded, as they prefer to use shows that are more mass-appeal, and since I'm more fetish & femdom focused, which is rather the opposite of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.