AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate Model Score - How Ranking Works!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emme Torx

Cam Model
Oct 12, 2020
Good afternoon, models! Support was kind enough to answer some questions in regards to model score and how ranking works.

Model score
This is a criteria that is the most important of the previous elements for its ability to counteract a region or language match for example. The model score has various elements within it and each element will form the final score. Which also means that if one element is low, another one can balance that. As you will see, that score is exclusively user based, there’s nothing we do specifically that can or will change that score. It’s important to mention this so you understand that we base the way you rank based on user experience. “User is king” if you will ;) Here are the elements that make that model score:

a. Ratings This is the average star ratings in the last 90 days. The higher your rating average is the higher your score for that element will be.

b. Per hour average This is the average billed per hour in the last 30 days.

c. Paid chat % This is the percentage of time spent in paid chat vs your total time spent online in the last 30 days.

d. Stream time The number of hours you stream monthly

e. Stream quality This is very important. The higher your video quality is the better that score is. The formula is based on round trip time (RTT), Frame per second (FPS), resolution, bitrate. In order to get a good score with that element you need: - RTT > 600 - FPS < 6 - Resolution at least 720p. Higher than that doesn’t give you a better FYI. Under that though will get you a lower stream quality score. - Bitrate > 1500 - Widescreen (16:9)

f. Audio A value indicating if there’s voice heard during a session. In other words, user like models who talk. If you do, that element will get you a higher score. Playing music loud, keyboard sound doesn’t not give you any value in that criteria, therefore a lower score.

You have to know that these elements give a boost vs a negative factor. Which means, if you have a lower score on one element, it doesn’t impact you directly per se. It helps you to get a higher score on a specific element in comparison to another model similar than you for example. This is an important distinction.

This all makes so much sense as to why some see a boost when they watch their paid % score. Log off if it's slow, keep your $/hr high, 720p is the highest quality consideration.

Support also confirmed new status is 30 days from your first stream.

Does streamate have a suggested monthly average hours streamed? If I were to log off during slow times, I'd still like to know how much I should aim to stream either way.

back when we had a ranking page 90 hours a month was considered the optimal amount.

Upvote 0
From my understanding 90 hours is still optimal. But I haven't made 90 hours in a month in years and my placement is still top 5 rows when everyone is online for a contest. Idk.

Upvote 0
Good afternoon, models! Support was kind enough to answer some questions in regards to model score and how ranking works.

Model score
This is a criteria that is the most important of the previous elements for its ability to counteract a region or language match for example. The model score has various elements within it and each element will form the final score. Which also means that if one element is low, another one can balance that. As you will see, that score is exclusively user based, there’s nothing we do specifically that can or will change that score. It’s important to mention this so you understand that we base the way you rank based on user experience. “User is king” if you will ;) Here are the elements that make that model score:

a. Ratings This is the average star ratings in the last 90 days. The higher your rating average is the higher your score for that element will be.

c. Paid chat % This is the percentage of time spent in paid chat vs your total time spent online in the last 30 days.

e. Stream quality This is very important. The higher your video quality is the better that score is. The formula is based on round trip time (RTT), Frame per second (FPS), resolution, bitrate. In order to get a good score with that element you need: - RTT > 600 - FPS < 6 - Resolution at least 720p. Higher than that doesn’t give you a better FYI. Under that though will get you a lower stream quality score. - Bitrate > 1500 - Widescreen (16:9)

f. Audio A value indicating if there’s voice heard during a session. In other words, user like models who talk. If you do, that element will get you a higher score. Playing music loud, keyboard sound doesn’t not give you any value in that criteria, therefore a lower score.

You have to know that these elements give a boost vs a negative factor. Which means, if you have a lower score on one element, it doesn’t impact you directly per se. It helps you to get a higher score on a specific element in comparison to another model similar than you for example. This is an important distinction.

This all makes so much sense as to why some see a boost when they watch their paid % score. Log off if it's slow, keep your $/hr high, 720p is the highest quality consideration.

Hi all,

To add some info to the above - the ranking requirements are the basic and important ones, but still, they do not guarantee your placement on the website. There are many many things that can influence a model's placement on our site and this can even start from how many performers are connected online at that time, what performers are connected.

Mostly what you have to understand is that the placement members see is totally different than what you are actually seeing on our site. Each customer sees different performers as it's based on their preferences - which models did they visit in the past, what kind of models they have the tendency to click on most, with which models they spent in the past etc. The sort will actually adapt based on that and it will show that customer what he's looking for. So for some you may be on the front pages and for other on the last.

On your end, what you have to make sure you pay attention to are the following:

- spend as much time online as it's possible (the more you stay connected, the more chances to be visible for more new users);
- avoid disconnecting your stream too often (gives less chances for visibility for users on the site);
- experiment with the hours you connect online (try different hours to see what's the potential);
- maintain your rating to 4,9 or 5 stars on your profile;
- make sure your streaming quality is always excellent;
- don't be afraid to experiment with new ideas on cam (don't forget that users are able to see you in preview, so even when you think you're alone, you are actually not alone, people can see you);
- make sure you use all the available tools offered by our site (the more tools you enable, the better);
- do things on cam that make you happy and comfy :)

Upvote 0
For now on I recommend that you forget these things. Streamate have completly change the model placement since january 17. Now the first thing that determined your ranking is your language and country. If you live in the US you will have a great advantage, cause now Streamate give priority to American model. Even model that have a bad rating and low quality show will pop before the other country model if they are American.

• Wat?!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
For now on I recommend that you forget these things. Streamate have completly change the model placement since january 17. Now the first thing that determined your ranking is your language and country. If you live in the US you will have a great advantage, cause now Streamate give priority to American model. Even model that have a bad rating and low quality show will pop before the other country model if they are American.
i just checked the home page and saw a bunch of SA and EU models mixed in with US models. so im not sure. there was a change like over a year that if a member is in a specific region they will see more models in the same at the top. the regular ranking still applies along that.

an option to bypass the region is to use a VPN and set yourself in the US. i once forgot to turn mine off while streaming and it showed me from Sweden. Got a bunch of dudes speaking swedish to me.

idk maybe @Catalina SM can clarify. i could be wrong.

Reactions: ElektraDivine
Upvote 0
i just checked the home page and saw a bunch of SA and EU models mixed in with US models. so im not sure. there was a change like over a year that if a member is in a specific region they will see more models in the same at the top. the regular ranking still applies along that.

an option to bypass the region is to use a VPN and set yourself in the US. i once forgot to turn mine off while streaming and it showed me from Sweden. Got a bunch of dudes speaking swedish to me.

idk maybe @Catalina SM can clarify. i could be wrong.
We are doing some minor changes in regards of the model sort, but this does not affect in any way US. The use of VPN will no longer override the display country, this is a change we've been working on. :)

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0

Model score

Thank youu so much for this. Super helpful.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

To add some info to the above - the ranking requirements are the basic and important ones, but still, they do not guarantee your placement on the website. There are many many things that can influence a model's placement on our site and this can even start from how many performers are connected online at that time, what performers are connected.

Mostly what you have to understand is that the placement members see is totally different than what you are actually seeing on our site. Each customer sees different performers as it's based on their preferences - which models did they visit in the past, what kind of models they have the tendency to click on most, with which models they spent in the past etc. The sort will actually adapt based on that and it will show that customer what he's looking for. So for some you may be on the front pages and for other on the last.

On your end, what you have to make sure you pay attention to are the following:

- spend as much time online as it's possible (the more you stay connected, the more chances to be visible for more new users);
- avoid disconnecting your stream too often (gives less chances for visibility for users on the site);
- experiment with the hours you connect online (try different hours to see what's the potential);
- maintain your rating to 4,9 or 5 stars on your profile;
- make sure your streaming quality is always excellent;
- don't be afraid to experiment with new ideas on cam (don't forget that users are able to see you in preview, so even when you think you're alone, you are actually not alone, people can see you);
- make sure you use all the available tools offered by our site (the more tools you enable, the better);
- do things on cam that make you happy and comfy :)
Hello, may I ask how to apply for becoming a studio and what conditions and materials should be met? Looking forward to your reply.

Upvote 0
Hello, may I ask how to apply for becoming a studio and what conditions and materials should be met? Looking forward to your reply.
Hi, you can sign-up as studio here: www.streamatemodels.com. The newly registered studios are virtual, which means that we pay directly the models and a % is paid directly to you as a studio owner. If there are other specifics you are interested in knowing, please DM me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.