AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

If I already signed up for SM through streamatemodels.com, is it too late to sign up with Vanessa? What exactly is the difference? Can I still email her with questions?

Thanks!

Reactions: MonaMonet
Upvote 0
SadeSweetKitty said:
If I already signed up for SM through streamatemodels.com, is it too late to sign up with Vanessa? What exactly is the difference? Can I still email her with questions?

Thanks!
I might be wrong, but from what I gathered the only difference is in how fast she will get you approved on the site. I know that I had been waiting a week for my application to be approved (I did it through SM's website), but someone advised me to contact her for help and she got me approved on the same night. Other than that, I think she also advertises models on Twitter, but I don't know what's the criteria for that.

On another note, I'd like to ask... what are block shows?

Upvote 0
PetitGatinha said:

Block shows are where a customer pays for a 'block' of time in exchange for a discount on your per-minute rate. The lowest amount of time they can purchase is 15 minutes, with the highest being an hour. This can be used for either Premium or Exclusive shows. The customer can disconnect any time during the block session, but you have to stream for the entire block or you'll get in trouble with the site and won't be paid for your time.

Block sessions have to be opted into by the model, and you can choose to only opt in to certain increments of time (for instance, I only do 15 min. and 30 min. blocks, but not 45/60 min. blocks) or to not allow them at all. Also, the customer has to send you a request for a block session, which you can either accept or deny (kind of like a regular Exclusive.)

Per-minute discounts for blocks are as follows:
15 min. ~ 5%
30 min. ~ 10%
45 min. ~ 15%
60 min. ~ 20%

Upvote 0
GemmaMoore said:
PetitGatinha said:

Block shows are where a customer pays for a 'block' of time in exchange for a discount on your per-minute rate. The lowest amount of time they can purchase is 15 minutes, with the highest being an hour. This can be used for either Premium or Exclusive shows. The customer can disconnect any time during the block session, but you have to stream for the entire block or you'll get in trouble with the site and won't be paid for your time.

Block sessions have to be opted into by the model, and you can choose to only opt in to certain increments of time (for instance, I only do 15 min. and 30 min. blocks, but not 45/60 min. blocks) or to not allow them at all. Also, the customer has to send you a request for a block session, which you can either accept or deny (kind of like a regular Exclusive.)

15 min. ~ 5%
30 min. ~ 10%
45 min. ~ 15%
60 min. ~ 20%
It's so weird that I never saw this anywhere on the site, I've only caught word of this here... but thank you yet again, Gemma! Is this kind of show popular among members?

Upvote 0
PetitGatinha said:
GemmaMoore said:
PetitGatinha said:

15 min. ~ 5%
30 min. ~ 10%
45 min. ~ 15%
60 min. ~ 20%
It's so weird that I never saw this anywhere on the site, I've only caught word of this here... but thank you yet again, Gemma! Is this kind of show popular among members?

It's actually front and center in your model control panel under 'Rates and Shows'; that's where you opt in, actually. I get quite a few of them, and prefer them to the 1-minute wonders, and most guys are aware they exist (in my chat, at least.)

Edit to add: I highly suggest you read the entire SM model manual. It's really super helpful, and explains how the site works, what is expected of models and members, how to avoid being suspended/banned, different types of shows, etc. They also have a really nice F.A.Q. section if you need a quick reference. :thumbleft:

Upvote 0
GemmaMoore said:
It's actually front and center in your model control panel under 'Rates and Shows'; that's where you opt in, actually. I get quite a few of them, and prefer them to the 1-minute wonders, and most guys are aware they exist (in my chat, at least.)

Edit to add: I highly suggest you read the entire SM model manual. It's really super helpful, and explains how the site works, what is expected of models and members, how to avoid being suspended/banned, different types of shows, etc. They also have a really nice F.A.Q. section if you need a quick reference. :thumbleft:
This is what I have under Rates and Shows:

I'm not crazy, it really isn't there, is it? :shock:

Attachments

• smprofile.png
    smprofile.png
    10 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0
You might want to message support because it's supposed to be there, like this:

Attachments

• rates.jpg
    rates.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 568
Upvote 0
Yep, my dashboard looks just like Allison's screenshot, with the block session option. Definitely message support and ask them what's up with that, Petit. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be showing up; it's not like Gold shows where you have to have a certain amount of ratings (I don't think?)

Reactions: AllieYess
Upvote 0
AllisonWilder said:
You might want to message support because it's supposed to be there, like this:
GemmaMoore said:
Yep, my dashboard looks just like Allison's screenshot, with the block session option. Definitely message support and ask them what's up with that, Petit. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be showing up; it's not like Gold shows where you have to have a certain amount of ratings (I don't think?)

Thank you, girls! I'm going to contact them and see what's going on. I'm glad I'm not crazy about not having seen it anywhere ahahaha :p

Upvote 0
Nordling said:
Yes, and I think the only opportunity we members have to rate and comment is at the end of a private or exclusive show. We may create model tags at any time. (be sure to tip off a model to any tags she has that you think are unfair or just nasty.)

DON'T let a model know if she has unfair or "nasty" tags. She might actually want those there especially if she plays off as a "bitch" or humiliation play in private. You have NO idea, it isn't your account, it's hers. Don't try to police it. It makes you look like a white knight trying to get imaginary "thank you" cookies. Ew. Gross.

rooch99 said:
i am cam model in streamate some idiot told me he got lot of stolen cards and i will use these cards to tip me i reject his offer later he start threating me like tipping me big amounts 150$ and keep tipping me i told streamate this guy is using stolen cards and tipping me as i am innocent and not involvend in such activites if he still keep sending me tips will my account is in threat of being terminated or any thing like this i am worry on this

Don't worry about him. It's likely his fetish or something that he enjoys messing around with you with. IF he is telling the truth - SM handles chargebacks and you'll still get paid.

Upvote 0
AlexLady said:
Nordling said:
Yes, and I think the only opportunity we members have to rate and comment is at the end of a private or exclusive show. We may create model tags at any time. (be sure to tip off a model to any tags she has that you think are unfair or just nasty.)

DON'T let a model know if she has unfair or "nasty" tags. She might actually want those there especially if she plays off as a "bitch" or humiliation play in private. You have NO idea, it isn't your account, it's hers. Don't try to police it. It makes you look like a white knight trying to get imaginary "thank you" cookies. Ew. Gross.

If she wants them there, she can leave them there. If she doesn't, she can get rid of them. I'm not really seeing a problem here.

Upvote 0
mynameisbob84 said:
AlexLady said:
Nordling said:

If she wants them there, she can leave them there. If she doesn't, she can get rid of them. I'm not really seeing a problem here.

There are two issues - One being that it just looks like you're trying to get on the 'good side' of the model to potentially get freebies (when her tags are none of your business, unless you're leaving one) and two being that telling her this on-cam might either A.) throw her off her game or B.) make her block you because she thinks you're being an asshole, especially if those are tags that she wants (even if they seem mean/unnecessary.) Girls who are on SM and know how it works check their tags regularly. We know exactly what's up there, and don't need members to police it for us. I know it seems well-meaning, but it's really best to just leave it alone. :)

Upvote 0
There is, however, a third option to mentioning tags. I know, personally, I would be thrown off if I looked at my tags while streaming, especially if it was something rude/hurtful, but I don't think a quick message to an inbox would hurt anything. It's low pressure, it's not demanding of attention, it's just a quick heads up and I don't know why anyone would have a problem with that since it's offline and they don't even have to respond if they don't want to.

Upvote 0
GemmaMoore said:
mynameisbob84 said:
AlexLady said:
Nordling said:

There are two issues - One being that it just looks like you're trying to get on the 'good side' of the model to potentially get freebies (when her tags are none of your business, unless you're leaving one) and two being that telling her this on-cam might either A.) throw her off her game or B.) make her block you because she thinks you're being an asshole, especially if those are tags that she wants (even if they seem mean/unnecessary.) Girls who are on SM and know how it works check their tags regularly. We know exactly what's up there, and don't need members to police it for us. I know it seems well-meaning, but it's really best to just leave it alone. :)

I take on board the not wanting to be told about these things when on cam. I guess I felt (and feel) that branding somebody "gross" for having the audacity to want to alert a model to the fact that since they last looked at their tags, some troll's branded them a "scammer", "ugly", and a "cuntrag" is a tad harsh.

I've used Streamate all of small handful of times so aren't likely to ever tell any models about their tag thingies, but if I was on an MFC model's profile and I saw someone had left a bunch of hateful messages on their wall - and I was a semi-regular in her room - I'd probably ask them if they knew about it, just on the off-chance someone else reading their profile took the comments at face value and decided skip their room as a result. And shockingly, I wouldn't expect a blowjob in return. But that's just me :)

While I don't doubt there are plenty of "white knights" looking for hand-outs in exchange for their tireless work in ensuring camland is a safe place for womankind, I like to think it's possible for members to take ten seconds out of their busy schedule to potentially help a model without arousing suspicion and being viewed as "gross". To assume that every member who tries to help a model in some small way is looking to scam her is no fairer than assuming every model who so much as says 'hello' to a member is only doing so to coax his wallet out of his pants :twocents-02cents:

Upvote 0
mynameisbob84 said:
I've used Streamate all of small handful of times so aren't likely to ever tell any models about their tag thingies, but if I was on an MFC model's profile and I saw someone had left a bunch of hateful messages on their wall - and I was a semi-regular in her room - I'd probably ask them if they knew about it, just on the off-chance someone else reading their profile took the comments at face value and decided skip their room as a result. And shockingly, I wouldn't expect a blowjob in return. But that's just me :)

Ah, you're assuming that the same things that would fly on MFC are also okay on SM. I would disagree with you there; having worked both sites, SM (which still very social) doesn't have that same 'let's look after the model/take care of her/be her regulars!' attitude that is the core of MFC. Streamate is more of a site where guys are looking to rub one out in a quick show; MFC is more of a social site, where guys are expected to stick around/tip/'support the room'. There's a marked difference between the two sites in this respect. I'm not saying I don't have regulars who show up every shift on SM, but they don't generally show up to chat or catch up with me, they show up to get a show because they really like the way I masturbate and want to rub one out (or two... or three... ;) ) I can guarantee that besides one who followed me from MFC, none of them give two fucks about my tags, profile, or really about anything except getting me naked (and occasionally talking about anime in free chat.)

Also, this thread is really supposed to be solely for information for new models on SM who don't have model status yet to get info/answers to their questions from the more experienced girls, so let's end this discussion and let it go back to that, okay? Please and thank you! :-D

Upvote 0
Just as GemmaMoore said; the sites are very different.

Edit: Eh, I was going to do it more in detail but Gemma said it nicer than I could.

Besides, this topic should be more about helpful information for models, especially those who can't get into Model's Only such as male models, transsexuals, or new camgirls.

Upvote 0
Some of the "mean" tags can definitely be helpful. Currently I'm tagged with bitch and expensive, both tags that would cause me to miss out on shows I'd rather not miss if they weren't there. :twocents-02cents:

Upvote 0
I have a quick question about streamate. When I signed up a couple years ago, I did so under a studio. I have cammed maybe a months time in the whole 2 years I have had my account. Since my website is launching soon, I will be camming more, and I want to leave my studio and be under streamate itself. The studio told me he doesn't mind, but I won't be able to create a new account for 6 months. Now I have had another studio owner tell me it's easy for the studio to just release my profile. Does anyone know which is right? Or can you direct me where to go? If I have to wait 6 months, I will just go to another site... But I'd like to still have the option of my old account! Lol

Upvote 0
I'd start by talking to Vanessa. She might be able to get your studio account closed and can help you with making a new account. If that doesn't work there are other studios that can take you (some that pay out the whole 35% unless you choose to get paid out daily.) and sometimes that will help.

If anyone thinking of camming/who does cam on Streamate wants to ask any questions privately feel free to send me a Personal Message on the forum - but please don't unless it's super personal because the more information we can post publicly the more people can get help.

Upvote 0
Here is Vanessa's information:

Email
modeling@streamate.com

Website
www.streamaterecruiting.com

Social Pages
Twitter: @streamatemodels
Tumblr: streamaterecruiting.tumblr.com
Youtube: youtube.com/user/AWModels
Facebook: facebook.com/StreamateRecruiting

She helps models sign up for new accounts and helps models with tech support IF they signed up threw her. (Models who signed up with someone else should use either Streamate's model support or contact their studio.)

Upvote 0
On the ranking page, how many hours do you have to do to be better than poor? I know the page says the best score is 90 hours or above, but does anyone know how many hours it takes to get 'average'?
Mines always been poor so I have no idea! It's 18 hours at the moment and poor. I guess that explains why I'm poor too haha. *lazy butt*

Reactions: spankamber
Upvote 0
Hi ladies (and gents)
I have been on streamate for a few weeks now. I have a few questions and a clarification as well.
1. I read the manual and no where did it say no urine or fisting etc...but I noticed someone on this board say its forbidden.
2. I constantly have guys wanting me to skype. Why the fuck would I want to skype them for free? Anyway I tell them I don't have it but they still ask, any suggestions?
3. Guys want me to give them my e-mail, is this banned also?
4. I CONSTANTLY get the "did you cum?" question. I can have dozens of internal (and one clitoral) orgasm but there is no visual proof for them... Any suggestions on this?

Much appreciation in advance :-D

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if the preview option is gone permanently? That's the thingy where you can hover your cursor over a preview window and the room opens up as a mini window, so you can find out the status without actually entering the room. They dumped it before but added it back as an option button...now it appears to be totally gone. Sucks.

Upvote 0
NatashaHideNSeek said:
1. I read the manual and no where did it say no urine or fisting etc...but I noticed someone on this board say its forbidden.
Urine and fisting are both forbidden by Paragraph 4 of the model Code of Conduct (and also by the model agreement you signed during the signup process.) You can find the Code of Conduct by logging into your SM model account, going to the 'Support' tab at the top, choose 'Performer Manual' from the drop-down, and then use the search box on the right to look for the Code of Conduct.

NatashaHideNSeek said:
2. I constantly have guys wanting me to skype. Why the fuck would I want to skype them for free? Anyway I tell them I don't have it but they still ask, any suggestions?
Skype is outside contact/solicitation as per the model Code of Conduct (Paragraph 6), and as such you are not permitted to use it , and they're also breaking the rules by asking! Ban those guys, and also be sure to reply to them via chat saying it's against the rules, to ensure that nobody can claim you did it - Support can check the chat logs and see that you clearly stated you don't offer Skype.

NatashaHideNSeek said:
Yes, this is outside contact, and definitely against the rules. If they need to contact you, they can do it through the mail system on the site. If someone DOES send you a message with their e-mail telling you to contact them, be sure to reply with a clearly worded message stating that you will only contact them via the mail service on the website, and never through e-mail. Again, this keeps you from potentially getting in trouble.

NatashaHideNSeek said:
4. I CONSTANTLY get the "did you cum?" question. I can have dozens of internal (and one clitoral) orgasm but there is no visual proof for them... Any suggestions on this?
You don't need to prove anything. I personally have full-body orgasms (both vaginal and clitoral) where I am *highly* vocal, and still get occasional guys that ask me if I came. I usually tell them that if they can't tell if a woman came, the problem is on their end. :lol:

Upvote 0
GemmaMoore said:
NatashaHideNSeek said:
Urine and fisting are both forbidden by Paragraph 4 of the model Code of Conduct (and also by the model agreement you signed during the signup process.) You can find the Code of Conduct by logging into your SM model account, going to the 'Support' tab at the top, choose 'Performer Manual' from the drop-down, and then use the search box on the right to look for the Code of Conduct.

NatashaHideNSeek said:
Skype is outside contact/solicitation as per the model Code of Conduct (Paragraph 6), and as such you are not permitted to use it , and they're also breaking the rules by asking! Ban those guys, and also be sure to reply to them via chat saying it's against the rules, to ensure that nobody can claim you did it - Support can check the chat logs and see that you clearly stated you don't offer Skype.

NatashaHideNSeek said:
Yes, this is outside contact, and definitely against the rules. If they need to contact you, they can do it through the mail system on the site. If someone DOES send you a message with their e-mail telling you to contact them, be sure to reply with a clearly worded message stating that you will only contact them via the mail service on the website, and never through e-mail. Again, this keeps you from potentially getting in trouble.

NatashaHideNSeek said:
You don't need to prove anything. I personally have full-body orgasms (both vaginal and clitoral) where I am *highly* vocal, and still get occasional guys that ask me if I came. I usually tell them that if they can't tell if a woman came, the problem is on their end. :lol:

So one last question. Do they not warn the guys of these rules? I assume they are not reading anything when they log on. I feel like such a downer when I am constantly saying no lol. :naughty:

Upvote 0
NatashaHideNSeek said:
So one last question. Do they not warn the guys of these rules? I assume they are not reading anything when they log on. I feel like such a downer when I am constantly saying no lol. :naughty:

In many cases, no, the guys don't know, which is another reason why I always make it a point to tell them what they did to break the rules before banning; that way they'll know when they go to the next model. You know how most people don't read the TOS before clicking the box that says they read it? Yeah, it's like that. You really can't blame the guys for not knowing the rules when half the models don't seem to though. :p

Don't feel bad about telling them no. You'd feel worse if *you* broke one of the rules trying to make a member and then got banned from streaming on the site. They might give you a 'time-out' or warning the first few times, but if it's a strict enough rule (like you showing pussy in free chat, or giving people Skypes) they are completely within their rights to delete your account and not let you make another one. Again, this is in the model contract that you signed.

Reactions: SandyPanz
Upvote 0
Already posted this in Model's Only, but here it is for anyone who doesn't have access:

If you use Chrome to broadcast and have been having connection issues, it might be a Shockwave Flash issue.

Chrome has two versions, the version on your computer and a separate version on Chrome itself, and they don't always get along. After disabling one, I have not disconnected once, and my lag is all but nonexistent.

Here's a link that describes it in better detail: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2445333?hl=en

Upvote 0