AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Is the business license requirement mentioned in Streamate's performer/studio agreement something you have to get before signing up? If not, how long after starting to cam do you have to get it? I've searched for the term "business license" on this forum and gotten no search results, which has made me wonder if getting it is necessary, especially when just starting out. Thanks for the assistance, and I apologize if this has been a stupid couple of questions.

Upvote 0
BittersweetCandice said:
Is the business license requirement mentioned in Streamate's performer/studio agreement something you have to get before signing up? If not, how long after starting to cam do you have to get it? I've searched for the term "business license" on this forum and gotten no search results, which has made me wonder if getting it is necessary, especially when just starting out. Thanks for the assistance, and I apologize if this has been a stupid couple of questions.

this never got answered and now Im concerned, lol

Upvote 0
I've never had to have a business licence to cam but it may be a case if your country of origin? You do need to have a special paper filled out that basically says you're an independent contractor and you're liable for SS and and taxes that they don't take out at the end of the year when they send you your earnings report.

Upvote 0
Diana Blake said:
I've never had to have a business licence to cam but it may be a case if your country of origin? You do need to have a special paper filled out that basically says you're an independent contractor and you're liable for SS and and taxes that they don't take out at the end of the year when they send you your earnings report.

I'm assuming they provide you with this paperwork?

Upvote 0
It should just be a 1099 that you can easily get online and fill out. Under tax payer info in your payee information for Streamate all they will require is you're social security number and then the 1099 is how you'll file your income for taxes. If you have a C4S you probably already filled one out.

Reactions: Gen and Gemma536
Upvote 0
Have y'all ever had your favorites and messages disappear on Streamate before?

Upvote 0
Ok. That's weird. I can login on Streamate under the same email address with two different passwords. One is the generated password from when I signed up. That takes me to the page that has the favorites I usually visit on Streamate. The other is one of my usual passwords that treats me like I'm a fresh account and puts "@ftvgl" at the end of my email when I log out.

Upvote 0
DuoShi said:
Ok. That's weird. I can login on Streamate under the same email address with two different passwords. One is the generated password from when I signed up. That takes me to the page that has the favorites I usually visit on Streamate. The other is one of my usual passwords that treats me like I'm a fresh account and puts "@ftvgl" at the end of my email when I log out.
I would try deleting any related cookies and flushing the cache, or perhaps just trying the site with a different browser.

Reactions: DuoShi
Upvote 0
Sevrin said:
DuoShi said:
I would try deleting any related cookies and flushing the cache, or perhaps just trying the site with a different browser.

Not too surprising a cache/cookie clear took care of it. Just weird that situation happened at all.

Reactions: Gen and KayleePond
Upvote 0
Question! I only started camming on SM this week and I just got the ability to do gold shows. Am I right in thinking, if I set up a gold show, the amount I get is BEFORE SM takes their cut? So, say, a $50 show would end up giving me $17.50? Just checking as so far gold shows just don't seem worth it to me!!

Reactions: mercurymelonss
Upvote 0
BunnyDivine said:
Question! I only started camming on SM this week and I just got the ability to do gold shows. Am I right in thinking, if I set up a gold show, the amount I get is BEFORE SM takes their cut? So, say, a $50 show would end up giving me $17.50? Just checking as so far gold shows just don't seem worth it to me!!
Gold shows can be just as or even more worth it than exclusives if you do the math well beforehand and have great or even good placement. *Get verified* and then read this for more info: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 4130&hilit

Edited after, sorry, didn't realize at first that you weren't verified yet!

Upvote 0
AlexLady said:
It takes 70 hours a month to be "average" but there is a "below average" as well. I think that one is either 45 or 50 hours a month but I'm not sure as 44 seems to be my usual as with SM I don't have to work my cycle as I did on MFC.

It must be 50 hours for "below average". I just reached 45 hours and got all excited thinking it would say something other than poor for once, but I'm still poor, damn. :(
Only another 5 hours to go haha.

Thanks for the helpful information. :)

Upvote 0
AngelicTease said:
AlexLady said:
It takes 70 hours a month to be "average" but there is a "below average" as well. I think that one is either 45 or 50 hours a month but I'm not sure as 44 seems to be my usual as with SM I don't have to work my cycle as I did on MFC.

It must be 50 hours for "below average". I just reached 45 hours and got all excited thinking it would say something other than poor for once, but I'm still poor, damn. :(

My hours are 51.27 and it still says poor, pfft. :?

Upvote 0
Hey, I'm new on here and I've decided to start camming on Streamate next month. But beforehand I've got some questions, mainly regarding the payment options. :?
I'm from Europe and can't decide between the Wire Transfer and Payoneer. Payoneer seems to be expensive because of the price of the card itself and the fees but I think it would be the faster option?
So I thought maybe Wire Transfer would be easier. Are there any non-US models on Streamate who can tell me what payment option is better?
Also a friend of mine already has a Payoneer card and I'm asking myself if I could be paid over his account?
Does any of you know if Streamate is allowing this method or if it has to be a account with the models name on it?

So thank you in advance! :)

Upvote 0
AngelicTease said:
AngelicTease said:
AlexLady said:

My hours are 51.27 and it still says poor, pfft. :?

To get to below average it seems to be 60 hours, I don't know if it was 50 and they changed it?
I've FINALLY reached something other than 'poor' with 63 hours, woo hoo!
Next plan: Get to average. And then maybe Excellent but I'm running out of hours in the month!

Upvote 0
vivi_ said:
Hey, I'm new on here and I've decided to start camming on Streamate next month. But beforehand I've got some questions, mainly regarding the payment options. :?
I'm from Europe and can't decide between the Wire Transfer and Payoneer. Payoneer seems to be expensive because of the price of the card itself and the fees but I think it would be the faster option?
So I thought maybe Wire Transfer would be easier. Are there any non-US models on Streamate who can tell me what payment option is better?
Also a friend of mine already has a Payoneer card and I'm asking myself if I could be paid over his account?
Does any of you know if Streamate is allowing this method or if it has to be a account with the models name on it?

So thank you in advance! :)

I don't think they do wire transfer anymore for people from other countries? I know they used to do it, but I'm sure they stopped it a couple of months ago, I might be wrong though!
I use payoneer and there is some fees but I've gotten used to it now so don't really care. There used to be fees with wire transfers too... I don't know if streamate had a fee for it, but other sites did, and some banks charge a fee the other end as well.

You can get a wire transfer through payoneer and I think that has less fees, although I don't know for sure because I've never used that. I like having the payoneer card!

Upvote 0
AngelicTease said:
Can members on streamate message or contact other members in any way?
Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a system on Streamate for that like there is with MFC. I've been a member of both sites in the past and never saw a messaging system in place for other Streamate members.

Upvote 0
I can't start show on streamatemodels.com and I need help please.

My streamate profile has been approved today.

After I allowed access to my webcam and pressed Start my show, the following error message was displayed:

Notice
Video Activity
Your video appeared idle or may already be in use by another application. Please close all applications, confirm your camera settings, create motion in front of your camera and retry.

Google Chrome and Microsoft Lifecam are the only applications open. What am I doing wrong? There's nothing wrong with my cam.

Upvote 0
I can't start show on streamatemodels.com and I need help please.

My streamate profile has been approved today.

After I allowed access to my webcam and pressed Start my show, the following error message was displayed:

Notice
Video Activity
Your video appeared idle or may already be in use by another application. Please close all applications, confirm your camera settings, create motion in front of your camera and retry.

Google Chrome and Microsoft Lifecam are the only applications open. What am I doing wrong? There's nothing wrong with my cam.
You're going to have to close Microsoft Lifecam.

I'm assuming you're not using the encoder since you didn't mention having that open. In that case, close lifecam. Refresh your broadcast page.

And...

1.jpg
Choose the quality you want to stream at. Go for the highest, and if it doesn't work out, stop broadcasting and lower it. Stream at the best your internet and computer allows. Right click the part where your cam preview should show, and go to settings.

2.jpg
Click the webcam on the bottom and choose your cam.

3.jpg
Click the mic and do the same.

4.jpg
Then you should have a cam preview and be ready to go!

Also, when you're logged into your SM dashboard, hover over "? Support" in the top right, and click on the HD encoder. Read that page and learn to stream with the encoder if your computer meets the specs! It will help your placement.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!
Hello Is there anyone can answer my questions is natural some asshole took nude pics while public show put in websites?? Hope someone can answer thanks

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Upvote 0
Oh thanks for answering :( ya 1week at mfc just feels i dont want to work cam but I need to help my fam relatives in my country hope assshole ppl stealing posing nude models u face ur own karma! Thanks for reply appreciate it

Upvote 0
Alright so I've been on SM for about 1 year now making decent money. my traffic got super slow recently and I am really horrible at social media and all that . I created a twitter but haven't done anything with it and feel kind of stuck. Please, can anyone help me? I have a lot of questions and I do make sure I get 5 star ratings, use the encoder, sound and everything like that.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on streammate vs. MFC? what has been your experience?

So I went from working ~60 hours a week and being stressed all the time to 10-20 hpw (depending on my earnings) for the same amount of money, but less stress and more time to focus on non-camming things.

I felt like MFC was one hustle up from Chaturbate and I had to work REALLY hard to make cash. I also dropped my hours worked by switching networks.

Upvote 0