AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate Questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2019
Hey guys,

Someone mentioned Streamate as a good camming site if I'm worried about videos being recorded and put on other websites...etc. I went on Streamate to check it out and get a feel of the site and I do like it, it's clean, has a nice layout and seems legit. But I know that MFC and Chaturbate are probably waaay more popular (or have waaay more traffic since they're really well known websites) I'm curious, has anyone tried all three of these websites and if so, how did Streamate compare traffic and money wise? Or do you have any other suggestions for which websites you had the best success with?

Thanks so much everyone!

The difference between SM and CB/MFC is SM is a private based show. CB and MFC are public so there are a lot more people looking for free shows than on SM. On SM having a high viewer count in your room doesn't really matter, because the majority of their traffic is there to pay. From models that I've talked with about it and from what I've read here, people can easily make in a couple of hours on SM what they'd have to spend a day or more earning on MFC, and there's no real social pressure about it. You can log in, work, log off and not have to worry about keeping members happy. It's definitely worth giving any site a chance to see which you like more/which fits you more.
Also, shows are recorded on SM too. Maybe less than MFC or CB but it's still done, there's no surefire way to make sure you're never recorded.

Every website runs the risk of being recorded and uploaded. As someone who worked on both MFC/CB who now works on SM--I have had WAAAY more pirated content from Chaturbate. Mainly since it's a freemium-style site. Yes, SM privates do get recorded and posted online occasionally but I don't come across my caps as much as I did when working a token site. I think since shows on SM are more fetish-driven they're not as 'exciting' to a mainstream audience. So if your main fear is being recorded--it's a risk on every single site and will inevitably happen no matter what.

SM has lower numbers in the chatroom but a lot more paying members since you can't see anything explicit unless you pay so while having a room with 6 people on CB/MFC sounds like a dead room--on SM it's totally normal and you can still make $$. Traffic can be quality VS quantity.

CB was my primary site for ages, I got burned out from it, switched to MFC, back to CB then finally ended up on SM exclusively and have been there for the last few years. Every site has their own style, culture, pros & cons. I make more money on SM over CB/MFC because I don't get burned out as much and have less fluctuations in my income. On CB and MFC I had to depend on my regulars way more and keep an offline relationship with them in order to keep my whales around and that is too time consuming for me.

The difference between SM and CB/MFC is SM is a private based show. CB and MFC are public so there are a lot more people looking for free shows than on SM. On SM having a high viewer count in your room doesn't really matter, because the majority of their traffic is there to pay. From models that I've talked with about it and from what I've read here, people can easily make in a couple of hours on SM what they'd have to spend a day or more earning on MFC, and there's no real social pressure about it. You can log in, work, log off and not have to worry about keeping members happy. It's definitely worth giving any site a chance to see which you like more/which fits you more.
Also, shows are recorded on SM too. Maybe less than MFC or CB but it's still done, there's no surefire way to make sure you're never recorded.
Thank you, those are good points. It's true that on SM the viewers are there to pay... I know on CB and MFC there's a lot more viewers but there's also a lot of people just looking for free shows (especially the public shows).

Every website runs the risk of being recorded and uploaded. As someone who worked on both MFC/CB who now works on SM--I have had WAAAY more pirated content from Chaturbate. Mainly since it's a freemium-style site. Yes, SM privates do get recorded and posted online occasionally but I don't come across my caps as much as I did when working a token site. I think since shows on SM are more fetish-driven they're not as 'exciting' to a mainstream audience. So if your main fear is being recorded--it's a risk on every single site and will inevitably happen no matter what.

SM has lower numbers in the chatroom but a lot more paying members since you can't see anything explicit unless you pay so while having a room with 6 people on CB/MFC sounds like a dead room--on SM it's totally normal and you can still make $$. Traffic can be quality VS quantity.

CB was my primary site for ages, I got burned out from it, switched to MFC, back to CB then finally ended up on SM exclusively and have been there for the last few years. Every site has their own style, culture, pros & cons. I make more money on SM over CB/MFC because I don't get burned out as much and have less fluctuations in my income. On CB and MFC I had to depend on my regulars way more and keep an offline relationship with them in order to keep my whales around and that is too time consuming for me.

Thank you so much for this. I'm really glad you brought up the point about having to keep an offline relationship with your viewers when working on CB/MFC and also keeping a solid relationship every time you work with the regulars. I can see how that could become really overwhelming and potentially cause some paranoia (like stalkers and stuff). I probably wouldn't have thought about this if you hadn't mentioned it. There's a lot for me to think about now. Like do I want more traffic, viewers, "fame" and all that attention or do I want to be private and not forced into feeling like I have to keep a relationship with a random person I don't even know...

But on the other hand I think SM could potentially become feel lonely while working... Like new customers every day, no to very little regulars, and maybe even feeling like used I guess? Where as having regulars and a lot of viewers it could feel more supportive? Hmm, I honestly have no idea though, I could be wrong on that.

There's a lot for me to think about. I'm naturally a shy girl and suffer from anxiety in general, it's hard to say right now what's best for me.

If you don't mind me asking, would you be open to telling me how much you work and what's your average earnings on SM? You can PM me if you want or feel free to not reply if you're not comfortable sharing that info.

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Thank you so much for this. I'm really glad you brought up the point about having to keep an offline relationship with your viewers when working on CB/MFC and also keeping a solid relationship every time you work with the regulars. I can see how that could become really overwhelming and potentially cause some paranoia (like stalkers and stuff). I probably wouldn't have thought about this if you hadn't mentioned it. There's a lot for me to think about now. Like do I want more traffic, viewers, "fame" and all that attention or do I want to be private and not forced into feeling like I have to keep a relationship with a random person I don't even know...

But on the other hand I think SM could potentially become feel lonely while working... Like new customers every day, no to very little regulars, and maybe even feeling like used I guess? Where as having regulars and a lot of viewers it could feel more supportive? Hmm, I honestly have no idea though, I could be wrong on that.

There's a lot for me to think about. I'm naturally a shy girl and suffer from anxiety in general, it's hard to say right now what's best for me.

If you don't mind me asking, would you be open to telling me how much you work and what's your average earnings on SM? You can PM me if you want or feel free to not reply if you're not comfortable sharing that info.

PM sent :D

Hello, i been streaming on CB for years but now i feel im burned. I cant compete with groupsex, girls who charges nothing for shows and stuff like that so im done with the site and i wanna try SM. When u changed the sites, it got better for u on SM? It takes u to many time to see earnings there? How many hours per day do u stream there? Ty

Hello, i been streaming on CB for years but now i feel im burned. I cant compete with groupsex, girls who charges nothing for shows and stuff like that so im done with the site and i wanna try SM. When u changed the sites, it got better for u on SM? It takes u to many time to see earnings there? How many hours per day do u stream there? Ty

Hi there! You sound a lot like how I felt-cb wasn't making me happy. I stream 1-4 hrs a day there. I'm not open about posting my earnings publicly (I do in the models-only section if you get verified there are tons of great info on streamate/the process of switching sites). I make overall more money on streamate because I don't suffer the same burnout/emotional drain that cb did. And the earnings are a lot more consistent. It does take time and effort to build up your earnings on streamate when you're first starting VS token sites where you can hit the ground running and make bank right away. New model status isn't important on SM and the #1 thing I'd focus on my first month on SM is getting hours in. Over time the more people who see you=the more earnings you get.

Hi there! You sound a lot like how I felt-cb wasn't making me happy. I stream 1-4 hrs a day there. I'm not open about posting my earnings publicly (I do in the models-only section if you get verified there are tons of great info on streamate/the process of switching sites). I make overall more money on streamate because I don't suffer the same burnout/emotional drain that cb did. And the earnings are a lot more consistent. It does take time and effort to build up your earnings on streamate when you're first starting VS token sites where you can hit the ground running and make bank right away. New model status isn't important on SM and the #1 thing I'd focus on my first month on SM is getting hours in. Over time the more people who see you=the more earnings you get.
Ty so much beauty :) Ill go for SM so, lets do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.