AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate rejection?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2014
Hello there,

It's nice to finally speak up on the forum. I've been reading it for a while, getting amazing tips from all you good people. I'm new to camming, but I've put together a really great set-up and a really great profile...the works. I've covered all the basics and then some, ready to jump into it full steam ahead.

Which is why I was so shocked when Streamate deleted my account without explanation.

Here's the story: I submitted all the necessary documents, info, etc. They replied by deleting my photo ID submissions and emailing me with the question: "where are you streaming from? please contact smsupport to explain" I figured there was an IP address conflict, since I'm a U.S. citizen currently studying abroad. I explained my situation in full and resubmitted my materials. They deleted them again and sent me a blank email. I responded asking what the email was meant to contain...and resubmitted my documents. They responded again with an email that contained the text: "where are you streaming from? please contact smsupport to explain" I responded in greater detail and submitted my documents again. Once again, they deleted them and sent me a blank email. I emailed them asking if there was a problem, expressing willingness to work through it and resubmitted my docs.

Now my account doesn't even exist any more. My log-in info doesn't work. And they're not responding to my emails.

What a slap in the face to someone who was so ready to go. I have no idea what happened.

Does anyone have any similar experience with SM? Any insight? Do they have a problem with the fact that I'm currently abroad that they just don't have to nerve to tell me about?

Please help.
:h:

It probably depends on the country you're currently living in? Is camming illegal in your current location?

Depending on what country you're currently residing in, then yes, they can definitely reject your application on legal grounds. There are quite a few countries in which camming is illegal, and if they allowed you to broadcast via their platform, then Streamate could get in trouble.

Do you feel comfortable giving us any more details about where you're trying to stream from?

I did a little more digging on this forum and found this post:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 1&p=505039

It seems to imply that it is illegal for someone with citizenship in country A to cam in country B without a work permit, even if camming is legal in both countries and the person would be paying taxes in their home country.

So, am I reading this all right? I'm stuck waiting until I get back to the U.S.? (Which isn't too far off...)

[But, on a related note, it takes a grade-A bunch of assholes to reject someone, block their account, and not give them so much as an inkling as to why it was all happening]

Thanks in advance for any feedback, y'all.

Update: The Streamate sun is shinin' on me, all of a sudden. It looks like my application got passed along to someone else who had a more helpful bedside manner, and they responded, apologizing for the delay and letting me know that my out-of-the-country status was indeed the problem, and that returning to the U.S. was adequate resolution. It took a few weeks, but I retract my comment about them being a bunch of "grade-A assholes" or something like that.

But thanks for your input, everyone!

Did they approve you? Being out of your country of residence shouldn't be an issue other than clearing up the inconsistency between your ID and IP address. I am Canadian and started camming on Streamate when I lived in Spain.
If you didn't get approved yet maybe try messaging Vanessa; she is a recruiter for Streamate and can get applications processed faster and isn't such a fuckwit like some of the support people. (on twitter @streamatemodels)

caireen said:
Did they approve you? Being out of your country of residence shouldn't be an issue other than clearing up the inconsistency between your ID and IP address. I am Canadian and started camming on Streamate when I lived in Spain.

There's one thing that probably changes the picture quite a bit - taxation. An US citizen living abroad still has to pay taxes to the US government even on income earned abroad, which is quite uncommon (most countries only do that for members of their military and/or diplomatic members living abroad due to their work - everyone else tends to be taxed only by their country of residence).

I wouldn't be surprised if Streamate's accountants and/or lawyers suggested avoiding having US models living abroad and being paid via accounts from other countries, due to the increased risk of a tax audit, specially as the US government is cracking down on tax evasion heavily (they even managed to get the Swiss government to sign a treaty with them to finally break the infamous Swiss banking secrecy).

Ok, so you guys are saying that it's likely that models might get in trouble for camming while traveling in other countries due to not having a work Visa? I get that, but ... hypothetically, if said model were to use a VPN, she could completely get around that, right?

I_Am_Iris said:
Ok, so you guys are saying that it's likely that models might get in trouble for camming while traveling in other countries due to not having a work Visa? I get that, but ... hypothetically, if said model were to use a VPN, she could completely get around that, right?

I've heard that Streamate doesn't allow the use of VPNs. MFC on the other hand has no issues with them, nor Chaturbate. As for traveling and streaming from other countries, I've done it many times and never had any issues with MFC or Chaturbate.

I_Am_Iris said:

No.. we are independent contractors, not employees of Streamate, so Streamate has no responsibility to make sure we are legally entitled to work where we are working. You could hypothetically get in trouble with the immigration department of the country you're living in if you are caught, but that's about it.

There's one thing that probably changes the picture quite a bit - taxation. An US citizen living abroad still has to pay taxes to the US government even on income earned abroad, which is quite uncommon (most countries only do that for members of their military and/or diplomatic members living abroad due to their work - everyone else tends to be taxed only by their country of residence).

I wouldn't be surprised if Streamate's accountants and/or lawyers suggested avoiding having US models living abroad and being paid via accounts from other countries, due to the increased risk of a tax audit, specially as the US government is cracking down on tax evasion heavily (they even managed to get the Swiss government to sign a treaty with them to finally break the infamous Swiss banking secrecy).

Streamate has no responsibility to make sure the models are properly paying their taxes. We are not employees of Streamate.

Status
Not open for further replies.