AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate TOS Concern

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2020
Hi all,

First day here, so apologies if this thread is in the incorrect place! I've been researching this forum (before registering), and attempted to apply for Streamate. I'm eventually hoping to move over to MFC but I was considering starting out on SM to get used to it. I read the TOS and I'm very concerned about the idea of my content being owned by them and they can use it how they see fit. Please see below extracts. In saying this, it looks like a great place to work, so I'm not sure if I'm overthinking or anxious about the possibility of my content being used without me having any control whatsoever (or is that something I have to get used to in this industry?). Is this standard to handover such rights? Unless I've misread it, but any input would be appreciated. :)

H. Content
...All content uploaded to the systems by Performer/Studio shall be works made for hire under the United States Copyright Act, as amended, to the extent eligible; otherwise, Performer/Studio hereby assigns all rights, title and interests in such content to Streamate. Streamate shall then own all such content, and Streamate will have the sole discretion to use any such content in any way it so chooses, including but not limited to in any medium and in any promotion, distribution, advertising, sales and marketing efforts, both during and after the term of this Agreement...

...Performer/Studio grants to Streamate, its related entities, successors and assigns the perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid, royalty-free, universal and unconditional right to use, portray, publish, copy, distribute, and display Performer/Studio's identity, name, fictional names (if any), voice, signature, photograph, words, images, personality or other likeness, in whole or in part, for advertising, distribution, marketing, promotion, publicity, and sales purposes...

Thank you! Rikki :h:

Hi all,

First day here, so apologies if this thread is in the incorrect place! I've been researching this forum (before registering), and attempted to apply for Streamate. I'm eventually hoping to move over to MFC but I was considering starting out on SM to get used to it. I read the TOS and I'm very concerned about the idea of my content being owned by them and they can use it how they see fit. Please see below extracts. In saying this, it looks like a great place to work, so I'm not sure if I'm overthinking or anxious about the possibility of my content being used without me having any control whatsoever (or is that something I have to get used to in this industry?). Is this standard to handover such rights? Unless I've misread it, but any input would be appreciated. :)

H. Content
...All content uploaded to the systems by Performer/Studio shall be works made for hire under the United States Copyright Act, as amended, to the extent eligible; otherwise, Performer/Studio hereby assigns all rights, title and interests in such content to Streamate. Streamate shall then own all such content, and Streamate will have the sole discretion to use any such content in any way it so chooses, including but not limited to in any medium and in any promotion, distribution, advertising, sales and marketing efforts, both during and after the term of this Agreement...

...Performer/Studio grants to Streamate, its related entities, successors and assigns the perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid, royalty-free, universal and unconditional right to use, portray, publish, copy, distribute, and display Performer/Studio's identity, name, fictional names (if any), voice, signature, photograph, words, images, personality or other likeness, in whole or in part, for advertising, distribution, marketing, promotion, publicity, and sales purposes...

Thank you! Rikki :h:
This is common for camming sites to have clauses like these, and similar ones at that, when it concerns content. Make sure you read MFC's as well if you are trying to transition over to them.

I started out on SM and here is what I like about it:
- It is a straightforward platform, meaning that the layout of the site is simple for both model and member to navigate.
- Streamate does NOT have bots, which is helpful for new models that are just stepping into the world of camming.
- They just implemented a fanclub
- PM's are allowed
- Their algorithm for site traffic is based upon what the kinky attributes that you set for yourself in your profile, as well as what members tag you. In general, it is a good idea to ask members to please rate and tag you after you do a private and/or exclusive show. This really helps with page placement.
- Selling videos is easy
- Far less "freeloaders"

Things I didn't like:
- You cannot state ANY of your social media handles or personal websites in ANY pm's or while streaming. So this makes advertising for yourself and for members a tad bit difficult if you are new to the cam scene.
- Inability to sell panties, pictures, or other tangible items.
-%35 is what you get from all gold accumulated during your shows. (*** You can make some more through your affiliate link but you need to read into more of those details on their site***)
- I hated the contests, but that's just my personal opinion.

A lot of models really enjoy SM because your chances of doing a private or exclusive show are much higher since full nudity is only allowed in private or exclusive. But with all of that, Streamate and many other sites, have those clauses to use your identity and content in anyway they see fit for their marketing needs. So whatever you stream on streamate, they can use. You gave them full permission of it.

Upvote 1
Thank you Rylarosexo for your input on that, much appreciated. Yes I read through the MFC TOS also and I guessed the content was owned by the model but licensed to be broadcast through the site. Either way I suppose something will come out somewhere! Thanks also for your view on SM overall. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.