AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate vs Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2017
Hi all,

I'm a new model on MFC and am thinking of making another account on a different site, either streamate or chaturbate, since I seem to meep hearing them the most.

Anyone have any opinions on one over the other?

How is the traffic and pay?

Sorry if this has been posted before. I don't have model status and can't view all threads.

Chaturbate - some models find that they make more there than on MFC. I did. However, they're so bad about the "ban first, ask questions later" policy that I would never work there again.

Streamate - payout percentage is lower, but paying traffic is higher. Most models find that they make significantly more than on MFC. You're also not allowed to exchange contact info with viewers, so if the whole keeping up with social media is not something you're fond of, that's a nice change.

Chaturbate - some models find that they make more there than on MFC. I did. However, they're so bad about the "ban first, ask questions later" policy that I would never work there again.

Streamate - payout percentage is lower, but paying traffic is higher. Most models find that they make significantly more than on MFC. You're also not allowed to exchange contact info with viewers, so if the whole keeping up with social media is not something you're fond of, that's a nice change.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like streamate may be the way for me to go.

It also depends on your preferred method of camming.

With Chaturbate, you will typically be doing more activity in public, and things tend to move at a faster pace (lots of options for token interaction).

With Streamate, you will typically be doing minimal activity in public while you wait for privates or group shows for activity to take place.

Just another aspect to consider when making the choice of moving to a new platform.

Reactions: Dollfacebaby
I just started on both sites, and they're very different. For me, I've had more success on SM because the emphasis on private shows fits my camming style better-- I use BDSM toys and cater to fetishes, so what appeals to one viewer may turn off the next. I like being able to focus on one or two people and ask if what I'm doing is working for them. Plus my personality is more calm than bubbly, and being constantly moving and trying to do attention-grabbing things for hours would just be exhausting and feel fake. Most of my tokens on CB have come from privates and two or three regular folks, and I haven't had much success getting public shows or ticket shows off the ground. But if you're more high-energy, work well in groups, and have a widely appealing aesthetic, CB might be a good place for you. CB also has lots of apps and bots to experiment with and play games on.

Wrt traffic, some of that will depend on your ranking. CB's algorithm focuses on the number of viewers in your room. On SM, I don't think members can see how many other people are in your room (not 100% sure though), and the placement takes into account the quality of your stream. So if you have a good camera and a fast computer, you're in luck. It's also the opposite of MFC's camscore-- working more hours gets you a higher placement, even if you don't make as much during that time. I really like this; it's motivation to stay on and stick around even when I'm discouraged.

You probably already know this, but just in case, SM doesn't allow below-the-waist nudity in public chat, while CB does. So that limits what you can do, but it also weeds out the freeloaders and most of the demanders. In my experience so far, most people come to SM expecting to spend money (just not necessarily on me, and they'll leave right away if I'm not their type), while a good chunk of people come to CB expecting to get something for free. YMMV, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.