AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streaming movies (on MFC)?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2021
Hi everyone, so I've tried to look this up here and I don't think it's been posted. I'm not verified for the models-only area yet so it's possible it's been discussed there.

I'm planning to stream a movie on my MFC stream, but I have no clue how/what the best way is! Does anyone have any advice on this? I've seen a few other models do it on the site so I'm assuming it's not against the rules on MFC (if it is please correct me!).

I use OBS to stream, but I think downloading the film and adding it directly as a source to OBS may cause a ton of lag. Is there a simpler way for this to be done?

Well, if said movie/film is copywritten by anyone else (and you do not have explicit permission to broadcast it), then it is against copyright law and no vaguely legal website is going to allow it.

Now if the material is content that you own copyright on, then that would come down to MFC's rules. Chaturbate says no to videos even ones that you personally own the copyright to (but some models seem to do it and get away with it for a while--so don't assume that because you see someone doing something that it is allowed.).

• Helpful!
Reactions: inertvolcano
think thats the main problem in general with stuff, people see others doing it & figure, hey thats cool, im gonna do that to. Then when they get banned later, they get all mad saying they did nothing wrong, or so & so did it without getting banned. YET im sure the TOS rules state all these things, which it seems many dont fully read or figure they will say sorry etc if/when caught. I also feel not all cam sites make reporting cams easy, so many get away with breaking rules. Think this is why some sites have more breaking rules over others.

Well, if said movie/film is copywritten by anyone else (and you do not have explicit permission to broadcast it), then it is against copyright law and no vaguely legal website is going to allow it.

Now if the material is content that you own copyright on, then that would come down to MFC's rules. Chaturbate says no to videos even ones that you personally own the copyright to (but some models seem to do it and get away with it for a while--so don't assume that because you see someone doing something that it is allowed.).
I know Chaturbate says no to videos, that's why I asked about MFC. I will point out, almost all sites allow models to stream music...which is also copywritten but no one gets banned for and is not explicitly against the rules on most cam sites. Different sites have different rules re: streaming copywritten material, that's why I was asking about MFC specifically. CB also bans most games, MFC does not. etc etc.

think thats the main problem in general with stuff, people see others doing it & figure, hey thats cool, im gonna do that to. Then when they get banned later, they get all mad saying they did nothing wrong, or so & so did it without getting banned. YET im sure the TOS rules state all these things, which it seems many dont fully read or figure they will say sorry etc if/when caught. I also feel not all cam sites make reporting cams easy, so many get away with breaking rules. Think this is why some sites have more breaking rules over others.
You seem full of festive cheer Rytar, thanks!

I've been camming for several years and never had to cry on a forum about being banned from a site, and follow the rules across sites pretty well, much to everyone's chagrin! Not sure why you're talking down to me Rytar, seems like you had that rant ready to go, take a chill pill it's Christmas :)

I did read the ToS when I joined the site (bloody obviously) but not everyone commits every line of a ToS to memory, especially about granular topics that often do not have a straight answer in the terms. They do have a 'no boofing' rule though, very helpful. As I said in my comment above, different sites vary on how they implement copyright rules. When I asked if it was against the rules I was aiming for answers from models not angsty members (I'm open to sarky/angsty model comments though, they're less annoying!). If it makes you less pedantic, let's say my second question was about the practical implementation of the rules.
Wild how you've figured out so much about my personality and apparent future-forum-posts though. If I get banned for streaming a film I promise I won't bitch to you Rytar 😉

...Anyhow, if anyone has any answers to my main question that would be much appreciated! Or let's say I want to stream it on discord or something...my question still stands!

You seem full of festive cheer Rytar, thanks!

I've been camming for several years and never had to cry on a forum about being banned from a site, and follow the rules across sites pretty well, much to everyone's chagrin! Not sure why you're talking down to me Rytar, seems like you had that rant ready to go, take a chill pill it's Christmas :)

I did read the ToS when I joined the site (bloody obviously) but not everyone commits every line of a ToS to memory, especially about granular topics that often do not have a straight answer in the terms. They do have a 'no boofing' rule though, very helpful. As I said in my comment above, different sites vary on how they implement copyright rules. When I asked if it was against the rules I was aiming for answers from models not angsty members (I'm open to sarky/angsty model comments though, they're less annoying!). If it makes you less pedantic, let's say my second question was about the practical implementation of the rules.
Wild how you've figured out so much about my personality and apparent future-forum-posts though. If I get banned for streaming a film I promise I won't bitch to you Rytar 😉

...Anyhow, if anyone has any answers to my main question that would be much appreciated! Or let's say I want to stream it on discord or something...my question still stands!
Full of festive cheer & was a general message not directed at you, as many can see on this message board MANY have complained about bans & needing them reversed etc etc
also if i was directing anything to anyone i would quote then like this message. Seems your the one who needs to relax & sorry your assuming my messages are in a negative tone to ANYONE here. Also nice of you to assume who is or isnt a member or model.

Always the problems with general chat places over real life chatting, people dont sense the tone and always ASSUME the worst and that its directed at them. With you started the topic, your assuming EVERY message im guessing is directed AT YOU.. Sorry for that then & as i stated why i didnt QUOTE with that message.
Also agree its hard to remember every detail about TOS rules etc, BUT these are ADULT webcam streaming sites & yes many things dont seem obvious to many & why its always good to ask before doing/trying as you have.

Reactions: shyladivine
Full of festive cheer & was a general message not directed at you, as many can see on this message board MANY have complained about bans & needing them reversed etc etc
also if i was directing anything to anyone i would quote then like this message. Seems your the one who needs to relax & sorry your assuming my messages are in a negative tone to ANYONE here. Also nice of you to assume who is or isnt a member or model.

Always the problems with general chat places over real life chatting, people dont sense the tone and always ASSUME the worst and that its directed at them. With you started the topic, your assuming EVERY message im guessing is directed AT YOU.. Sorry for that then & as i stated why i didnt QUOTE with that message.
Also agree its hard to remember every detail about TOS rules etc, BUT these are ADULT webcam streaming sites & yes many things dont seem obvious to many & why its always good to ask before doing/trying as you have.
My god you love the caps. Yes I assumed it was about ME because it was in direct response to MY POST. I know people complain about bans here, but there's not even MFC support active so that wouldn't be helpful in either way on this site! I'm not going to do any more caps because it really does look unhinged dude lol.

Also, I mentioned other models doing it because typically speaking if something is super against the way the rules are implemented then people are more cautious about it or don't do it in public chat. For example, someone would have to be very ballsy to bring a guy on an MFC stream. I watched like 20 mins of someone streaming Star Wars yesterday; she could've been fearing for the safety of her account or she could've just know it's accepted as fine by the, often illusive, MFC mods. I'm assuming it was the latter? If anyone streams on MFC and has a solid answer about this I'll take it, but otherwise it seems like we're all guessing?

You're right you are technically a model, although not on MFC(?), my bad. There are plenty of members/customers who also have OF accounts or hop on stream occasionally but don't call themselves models or don't view it as a job. If you fall into either of those two categories that's my fault for not noticing.

I know Chaturbate says no to videos, that's why I asked about MFC. I will point out, almost all sites allow models to stream music...which is also copywritten but no one gets banned for and is not explicitly against the rules on most cam sites. Different sites have different rules re: streaming copywritten material, that's why I was asking about MFC specifically. CB also bans most games, MFC does not. etc.

It is pretty clear you do not understand Copyright law and court rulings. Read MFC terms and conditions. Usage of someone else's Copyright material is not allowed and is mentioned several times. You might get away with it if whatever you broadcast is owned by some small entity that does not police their material. If you were to broadcast any material from any entities that watch for their own material carefully then you will be banned.

And because there are copyright holders that aggressively police material, no large money making website is going to allow anything they suspect is not your material.

My god you love the caps. Yes I assumed it was about ME because it was in direct response to MY POST. I know people complain about bans here, but there's not even MFC support active so that wouldn't be helpful in either way on this site! I'm not going to do any more caps because it really does look unhinged dude lol.

Also, I mentioned other models doing it because typically speaking if something is super against the way the rules are implemented then people are more cautious about it or don't do it in public chat. For example, someone would have to be very ballsy to bring a guy on an MFC stream. I watched like 20 mins of someone streaming Star Wars yesterday; she could've been fearing for the safety of her account or she could've just know it's accepted as fine by the, often illusive, MFC mods. I'm assuming it was the latter? If anyone streams on MFC and has a solid answer about this I'll take it, but otherwise it seems like we're all guessing?

You're right you are technically a model, although not on MFC(?), my bad. There are plenty of members/customers who also have OF accounts or hop on stream occasionally but don't call themselves models or don't view it as a job. If you fall into either of those two categories that's my fault for not noticing.

We are not guessing. You have absolutely no clue how it all works. There is ZERO change of something like star wars being streamed and not having the account/ids of the person having done it banned on just about any website. Copyright is not MFC's choice/option, if they allowed it they would have the owners of Star Wars (a very aggressive copyright enforcer) all over them. If MFC did not enforce DCMA, then MFC would need to find a new hosting company and a new way to get paid (they would lose all ability to process credit cards, probably rather quickly via court rulings), and be completely out of business. The only web sites that seem to be able to get around it have small scale hosting outside of the US/EU and similar countries and do not rely on credit cards, and even those sites have been getting court orders blocking access to their material from US/EU and similar countries.

Copyright law is semi-irrelevant here, because I don't know of any site that strictly enforces it. So ignore the person above me who is "not guessing". As you know, you can play copyrighted music on just about any site with no issues, and will generally be able to get away with plenty more.

I haven't streamed on MFC seriously in years, but I think they're even fine with streaming video games, which is a step beyond what most other sites will allow. I wouldn't mess with streaming movies or TV shows there, however. Unless someone knows better, it was my impression that they do draw the line there. You might get away with it if no one notices and you're not reported. My information is not solid or current, though!

I will make this suggestion as an alternative that I've tried myself if you don't want to mess with any risk: choose a movie that's available on one of the major streaming platforms. Viewers can log in to their own Netflix account (or violate copyright laws on their own end--not your problem then!) When you're ready to start you just say "3, 2, 1, PLAY!" and everyone presses play. Use earbuds for your own audio. You can put a timer up on the screen at the same time, so that anyone who arrives late can skip to the right timestamp. It's not quite as fun, but it does work, and the audio and video are much better for everyone, anyway.

Copyright law is relevant. The only reason that music is allowed is the RIAA has not decided it is worth it to go after them (DCMA's, and if that fails lawsuits), or they already have some sort of agreement/license with RIAA. If no agreement once RIAA attacks then it becomes very tricky and the easiest is then copywritten music is not allowed. Strict enforcement starts the second the right holders/RIAA/MPAA gets serious about the site.

The site does not make the decision, RIAA, MPAA, or the rights holder makes the choice to DCMA the website and/or sue them. Many websites have tried this and been noticed, and have ignored and/or continued to allow the behavior and been put out of business.

Much like Chaturbate started with the ban hammer for a number of things after OF started having issues with the credit card processors.

And if you are distributing you are violating copyright, the person on the far end having a license does not matter.

If the person streams any copywritten movies the account and any ids used will get a permanent ban.

Copyright law is relevant. The only reason that music is allowed is the RIAA has not decided it is worth it to go after them (DCMA's, and if that fails lawsuits), or they already have some sort of agreement/license with RIAA. If no agreement once RIAA attacks then it becomes very tricky and the easiest is then copywritten music is not allowed. Strict enforcement starts the second the right holders/RIAA/MPAA gets serious about the site.

The site does not make the decision, RIAA, MPAA, or the rights holder makes the choice to DCMA the website and/or sue them. Many websites have tried this and been noticed, and have ignored and/or continued to allow the behavior and been put out of business.

Much like Chaturbate started with the ban hammer for a number of things after OF started having issues with the credit card processors.

And if you are distributing you are violating copyright, the person on the far end having a license does not matter.

If the person streams any copywritten movies the account and any ids used will get a permanent ban.
OMFG copyright is a particular interest of mine, but @theforestdame has already mentioned wanting "the practical implementation of the rules." And you keep typing DCMA instead of DMCA (which is not a verb). And the RIAA has fuck all to do with movies. No, your babbling is not super relevant to the question at hand, which is: what is the best way to watch a movie along with members on MFC.

they're even fine with streaming video games, which is a step beyond what most other sites will allow. I wouldn't mess with streaming movies or TV shows there, however. Unless someone knows better, it was my impression that they do draw the line there. You might get away with it if no one notices and you're not reported. My information is not solid or current, though!

I will make this suggestion as an alternative that I've tried myself if you don't want to mess with any risk: choose a movie that's available on one of the major streaming platforms. Viewers can log in to their own Netflix account (or violate copyright laws on their own end--not your problem then!) When you're ready to start you just say "3, 2, 1, PLAY!" and everyone presses play. Use earbuds for your own audio. You can put a timer up on the screen at the same time, so that anyone who arrives late can skip to the right timestamp. It's not quite as fun, but it does work, and the audio and video are much better for everyone, anyway.
This was pretty much everything I was gonna say!

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I’ll just jump in on this topic since I had a similar question: what about services that allow synced streaming through legal services? Like Netflix party, etc. I was thinking of watching something on mute through one of those apps, and viewers could tip or something to get the link? I wonder if that would work.

Reactions: AudriTwo

All movies are copywritten and no one has permission to broadcast them.

I’ll just jump in on this topic since I had a similar question: what about services that allow synced streaming through legal services? Like Netflix party, etc. I was thinking of watching something on mute through one of those apps, and viewers could tip or something to get the link? I wonder if that would work.
No.

I've heard about some MFC models that started getting warnings for full screen movies, including for example green screen background copyright material. But also the models asked MFC directly about this and they said streaming movies while you’re live is okay as long as the movie doesn’t take up a majority of the screen. However, MFC has been taking down lots of MFCShare content with copyright material in it.
But even if they are loose with the rules (for now), my advice is to do movie nights on a discord server you'd need to create :) have a club on MFC to give people access to it and schedule the event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.