AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streammate MFC and Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2017
hi!

I'm currently on MFC... but after reading this all morning long and having been on MFC all night only to make 3.75$ I'm happy to look into other sites... I read somewhere that it's better to focus on one site but I don't want to limit my possibilities...

And I know building up will take time and the money wont just roll in- byt this is something I want to change and work diligently at.

Well, it might be a good idea to split shift, do morning on one site, and nights on another if you're full time camming. If I didn't have my day job, it's what I would do while I built up a following on MFC so that I wouldn't have the pressure of money looming down my neck. MFC has great potential, but you have to grind on it to build up your reputation and a fan base, so working another site so you don't have all your eggs in one basket might be a good idea.

That said, I wouldn't split-cam, aka cam at the same time on two different sites. It's often too difficult to do on a social driven site like MFC. It's very easy to alienate a room because you're ignoring, inadvertently, what might become a whale tipper.

Not sure if you want people to give you feedback on elements of your show, but if you do then talk about:

* Your camera
* Your lighting setup
* Your tip menu
* What are your typical show elements?

Well, it might be a good idea to split shift, do morning on one site, and nights on another if you're full time camming. If I didn't have my day job, it's what I would do while I built up a following on MFC so that I wouldn't have the pressure of money looming down my neck. MFC has great potential, but you have to grind on it to build up your reputation and a fan base, so working another site so you don't have all your eggs in one basket might be a good idea.

That said, I wouldn't split-cam, aka cam at the same time on two different sites. It's often too difficult to do on a social driven site like MFC. It's very easy to alienate a room because you're ignoring, inadvertently, what might become a whale tipper.

I don't plan to split cam- I considered it but I figured it'd be a bad idea.. I just need another site to work on ..

Hi! I think I'll do that... I can alternate who gets nights and days.. what other site do you recommend??

Not sure if you want people to give you feedback on elements of your show, but if you do then talk about:

* Your camera
* Your lighting setup
* Your tip menu
* What are your typical show elements?

Do you mean ask them clients I'm on cam with? I totally do... my goal is succceed at this....

Do you mean ask them clients I'm on cam with? I totally do... my goal is succceed at this....

No, I meant expose to this forum what are your solutions for each of the things I listed. Models and members might have ideas for you on how to extend on what you are already doing.

For example, are you using a high definition camera? If you do not, then you are at an extreme disadvantage. Almost all of the cams on the first two pages of CB are now HD.

Are you using a three point lighting system? If not, what is your setup? Lighting is really important. At minimum, have a good key and fill light.

What does your tip menu look like? Maybe there should be more items? Maybe pricing is an issue.

What are the activities you typically do while you wait for a goal?

No, I meant expose to this forum what are your solutions for each of the things I listed. Models and members might have ideas for you on how to extend on what you are already doing.

For example, are you using a high definition camera? If you do not, then you are at an extreme disadvantage. Almost all of the cams on the first two pages of CB are now HD.

Are you using a three point lighting system? If not, what is your setup? Lighting is really important. At minimum, have a good key and fill light.

What does your tip menu look like? Maybe there should be more items? Maybe pricing is an issue.

What are the activities you typically do while you wait for a goal?

Oh awesome- ok here's what I have:

Logitech c920 camera

I don't have a three point lighting but I have my light from fan and then a LED lamp that I face upward and over me otherwise I look washed out (I'm so pale I look purple) I have a little set up with lubes on a chest and a large comforter with pillows under with two maroon and white see through curtains hanging behind.. the colors blend well...

So far my activies have been truth or dare.. they pay to ask me a truth or dare and pay to have m ask them a truth or dare.. I could totally use help in this area and am open to it..

My tip menu changes... I'm not sure what a fair price it and don't want to be the one that lowers all the other menus so I try to go off what other girls have like flashing tits 25, smack ass 50... I mean I'm really open to learning- anything you have to say is so appreciated!

Logitech c920 camera

I don't have a three point lighting but I have my light from fan and then a LED lamp that I face upward and over me otherwise I look washed out (I'm so pale I look purple) I have a little set up with lubes on a chest and a large comforter with pillows under with two maroon and white see through curtains hanging behind.. the colors blend well...

So far my activies have been truth or dare.. they pay to ask me a truth or dare and pay to have m ask them a truth or dare.. I could totally use help in this area and am open to it..

My tip menu changes... I'm not sure what a fair price it and don't want to be the one that lowers all the other menus so I try to go off what other girls have like flashing tits 25, smack ass 50... I mean I'm really open to learning- anything you have to say is so appreciated!

Sounds like a good start. Might help to have some pictures and a video or two available on your profile for purchase. Also, I would look into how to customize your profile (there's some good how-to's here on ACF).

Games are always good too. Truth or dare, maybe some card games, there's some electronic spinners you can download for tablet or phone.

streamate is a different ballpark then mfc and chaturbate. it's a private based site. you get 35%, so don't be afraid to charge more. i personally think 4.99/5.99 is a good place to start for your rates. most girls perfrom basic vanilla shows in premium and fetish or more complex shows in exclusive. premium any one can join, where as exclusive is one on one.

gold shows are group shows with goal. make a goal in a certain amount of time. if it doesn't make it, you don't get paid. a lot of models choose not to offer them and do just fine.

streamate also requires higher specs for better placement. if you don't have an i7 computer, in the future, i recommend picking it. it will help with your placement and cam quality.

make sure you sign up through here streamatemodels.com

new girl status lasts 30 days. ask everyone to favorite you and tag you. work as much as you can to build your placement so when you lose your ng status, you won't be stuck on page 6 with crap traffic.

https://www.streamatemodels.com/conduct.php
follow all of these rules. this isn't mfc were the rules are more lax.

ask support for a break button, so if you need to extend your time cleaning up after a private. they give you 30 sec before throwing you back in freechat.

Last edited:
Ideas for a tip menu? Suggest you make a list of what you like to do and write down a price. Check out other models profiles for some ideas. I suggest you have a unique price for each item - something that can be challenging when you have a lot of options. I have cleaning up to do on my friends tip menus because I've missed some duplicate prices. doh!

Then it's about getting it onto your profile. You can do it as a graphic - even if you end up using something like MS Paint. Or you can use HTML etc.... There's a couple options.

Logitech c920 camera

Great camera. Try to use the new OBS interface instead of the flash-based broadcaster. It gives much better results for most viewers.

A decent lighting system with softbox or umbrella to soften the light is not expensive. See this one on Amazon. Think about buying bulbs for those with a warm color tone, and that might help to give color to pale skin.

So far my activities have been truth or dare.. they pay to ask me a truth or dare and pay to have m ask them a truth or dare.. I could totally use help in this area and am open to it..

That sounds like fun. I have noticed that most of the the top 100 models on MFC have very strong verbal skills and tend to interact in conversation with users a lot. That's probably the best skill to develop. In room with foreign models who do not speak English well, I have noticed that the successful ones learn to sit and interact for three or four minutes, but then they stand up and move around. Some will get into interesting positions without taking clothes off. They just try to appear dynamic.

I am going to second the other poster that having a large and well organized tip menu helps to bootstrap a new room. Have cheap items as well as expensive ones.

Think about buying bulbs for those with a warm color tone, and that might help to give color to pale skin.
They do give color to pale skin, but probably not the right color!

As a shockingly pale person, I'd recommend daylight spectrum bulbs (which are NOT the same as the soft white bulbs you use in your house, but can be easily acquired at Lowes or Home Depot). Camera settings are almost always built to adjust best to daylight. Daylight bulbs will make you look blue as fuck, but when you adjust the warmth setting, you can bring it back to normal without problems.

You would think that yellow bulbs would make you look more tan, or pink lights would give you a pretty glow, and in person they do. But on cam they just give you weird tints that won't go away no matter how much you adjust the settings. Yellow lights make pale people look slightly greenish, and pink bulbs either make you look a bit too flushed or possibly a little purple. I have wasted many, many hours trying to get the tint right with warm bulbs, and I think it can get close, but will always be a little off. The same thing happens with still photos, and it's a tremendous pain in the ass to edit your photos back to a neutral hue. I have some photos where it simply couldn't be done at all.

#palepeopleproblems lol!

They do give color to pale skin, but probably not the right color!

As a shockingly pale person, I'd recommend daylight spectrum bulbs (which are NOT the same as the soft white bulbs you use in your house, but can be easily acquired at Lowes or Home Depot). Camera settings are almost always built to adjust best to daylight. Daylight bulbs will make you look blue as fuck, but when you adjust the warmth setting, you can bring it back to normal without problems.

You would think that yellow bulbs would make you look more tan, or pink lights would give you a pretty glow, and in person they do. But on cam they just give you weird tints that won't go away no matter how much you adjust the settings. Yellow lights make pale people look slightly greenish, and pink bulbs either make you look a bit too flushed or possibly a little purple. I have wasted many, many hours trying to get the tint right with warm bulbs, and I think it can get close, but will always be a little off. The same thing happens with still photos, and it's a tremendous pain in the ass to edit your photos back to a neutral hue. I have some photos where it simply couldn't be done at all.

#palepeopleproblems lol!

Seconding this. I'm about as pale as they get, and I look weird in any tinted light while on camera. What works best for me is having those big-ass studio bulbs (the ones that are as big as your head), and then adjusting the color settings accordingly. I have smaller bulbs that look ~all right~ but the big ones make all of my coloring read most true, and if I adjust my settings correctly, I'm not washed out. When I was using regular light bulbs, I could only get a hair too red or a hair too blue, I could never get my color to read true.

Here is a picture of the bulbs I'm currently using, with my hand for size reference. The ones I was using before were the same size as the energy-efficient spiral bulbs you can get at the store, but a more pure white for photography. My profile picture was taken with the smaller bulbs, and the gif in my signature is from a room with indirect daylight, for color reference. My latest clips have been filmed with these bigger bulbs, excluding one filmed in natural daylight and a couple filmed in my kitchen with the florescents there.

IMG_20170610_185849.jpg

I'll continue with the daylight bulb suggestions. Soft white bulbs make everything look yellowish to me, both in photos and irl. In almost all of my rooms, I'm either using daylight CFL's, or daylight LED's. I prefer the LED's, as the light doesn't seem to be as strong on blue.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.