AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Struggling 5 years straight on Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2021
Can anyone tell me exactly what it is or where it is that is going wrong for me. A little bit of the backstory to start with is that i have been working on Chaturbate for 5+ years now and still have a problem with getting tippers in. When I first started I didnt do so well when people actually came into my room becuase I was either getting harrassed, blackmailed, or threatened. Hell they even had no problem freeloading my room all the time. When a time came where I had no choice but to open my mouth and be more boisterous, people then slowly started to leave and never came back. Im just tired of being taken advantage of and now its gotten even more difficult to get motivated or even have a better attitude from all the madness that went on. any potential tipper that comes in the room is either scared off by me from talking too much or not simply giving them what they want for 50 tokens. Am I on the wrong site? Should I try to keep pushing the dead weight on the site I am on now? Am I wasting my time?

I am new to Chaturbate which is my first time camming but I am getting tippers that tip and leave and a room full of no tippers. I have a few regulars that tip but the few that are isn't enough to make a wage from. I had 2 tonight demanded I did things for free for them. They seem to ask for something when I point them to the tip menu they leave and just seem to want things for nothing. I am getting more people in my room but no new tippers. How come you have stood it for 5 years?. They way I feel tonight I am thinking of jacking it in.

Upvote 0
Hello I've been in this forum for a few years and actually I only read with because it's just incredibly interesting but when I've read that now
I said to myself ..... now I'll give my opinion
I've been on cb for a few years.
I'm mostly only online at the weekend. I have a lot of fan club members and I'm happy about that.
Time will never change that complete freaks trolls never go away.

I am glad that I have some really good and long users who always support me.
Every day is unpredictable, sometimes 100 token in 4 hours and then 5000 token in one hour.

But what I will never change are people who keep asking for prices but have 0 tokens
sometimes the users don't even know that we can see who has tokens and who doesn't
I keep asking, why don't you save yourself writing. when I have a good day I answer it and most of the films are users who have then asked a stupid question already gone.
Then there are never users here who want to be entertained for 1 token all night but do not understand that we do not do this in front of the camera as a hobby, and then get annoyed that we do not write or talk to the 1tok all the time king.

What worries me most at the moment are new users that I don't know, many of whom type dryly at once or go to a private show, don't say a word and immediately disappear. I had something like that last night.
the user starts the private chat
I take 60t / 10 minutes
But as another user had just typed for a small show, I could of course not go into private,
I then wrote to please wait 5 minutes.
after exactly 5 minutes start private after 4 minutes is simply gone, without a word.
I spoke to him and wrote no reaction.
Then it occurred to me ..... Oh my god hopefully it wasn't someone who buys tokens with stolen credit cards or something.
so I took screenshots and sent everything to CB support
maybe. I'm wrong ... but I wanted to be on the safe side
because at the moment I read it very often that models are banned. where they can't help it ... mostly ... if someone tipts with the wrong token.

liebe grüße aus Berlin

Upvote 0
I am new to Chaturbate which is my first time camming but I am getting tippers that tip and leave and a room full of no tippers. I have a few regulars that tip but the few that are isn't enough to make a wage from. I had 2 tonight demanded I did things for free for them. They seem to ask for something when I point them to the tip menu they leave and just seem to want things for nothing. I am getting more people in my room but no new tippers. How come you have stood it for 5 years?. They way I feel tonight I am thinking of jacking it in.
In my opinion something weird happening last time. Me and my friend observing what is happening and for us number of tippers dicreased. For example greys are coming and they stay. Tippers are coming and leaving or tip 1...1....1.... 15 - totaly aboyt 100-200 tokens and : NOW CUM FOR ME .. grrr I have great regulars, specially one so for me total amount of money is good, but if not them- the rest of tippers is really low quality. It wasnt like that always. In our opinion last times something had changed and we dont have idea what

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Upvote 0
I can only recommend you grow a thick coat
In no case do not take everything personally.
you have to be able to switch off, which is sometimes very difficult. Throw users who are bad or just stupid the same. You can then reactivate users. The next day, usually when they come back, they behave differently.
take care of users who are sympathetic to you
and who also support you with tokens.
then you will actually survive the time quite well and do not look for models that have 8k or 9k users in the room, 90% of them are mostly anonymous.
it's actually enough ..... for me at least ..... I'm not a top model .... between 30 and 50 users in the room
I prefer to have fewer users who type something from time to time
Nor do I need any chat corpses That don't type a token all night and don't write a word.
but everyone has to find their own way and if you stay true to yourself you will survive the time well

you must never forget it's your side you are the boss you decide ...

in this sense have a nice Sunday.

Upvote 0
If you have been doing it that long and finding it a struggle then probably best to try another site.

I always used to see Chaturbate as the best, but I am realising this year it really is not, and there must be an alternative out there.

The first page is the same people every god damn day. CB really need to find a way of helping performers attract more traffic outsite of the ridiculous 'Promote your room' feature, which charges a ridiculous amount of tokens for what it is, and only seems to bring a load of 'anonymous' users to the room.

Have just about lost patience with the site now. It seems to be stuck in abit of a time warp, theres a few features they could add to the site which I think would make a better user experience for both models and viewers but nothings happening. Wheres the offline PM feature? They also need to make our uploaded videos searchable, like a kind of youtube type thing. They could make alot of money out of that!
Anyway im just ranting now... :bag:

Upvote 0
If you have been doing it that long and finding it a struggle then probably best to try another site.

I always used to see Chaturbate as the best, but I am realising this year it really is not, and there must be an alternative out there.

The first page is the same people every god damn day. CB really need to find a way of helping performers attract more traffic outsite of the ridiculous 'Promote your room' feature, which charges a ridiculous amount of tokens for what it is, and only seems to bring a load of 'anonymous' users to the room.

Have just about lost patience with the site now. It seems to be stuck in abit of a time warp, theres a few features they could add to the site which I think would make a better user experience for both models and viewers but nothings happening. Wheres the offline PM feature? They also need to make our uploaded videos searchable, like a kind of youtube type thing. They could make alot of money out of that!
You are totally totally right!
And about promoting...On twitter I see cb is promoting some girls or i got mails like: You cant miss this broadcasters.
But ..... what should we do to be able to promoted by cb? Sometimes i have feeling that cb direct traffic to some rooms. or maybe they have cooperations with some studios? its only conspiracy theories but something is totaly NOT OK

Reactions: Lucy_
Upvote 0
Wheres the offline PM feature? They also need to make our uploaded videos searchable, like a kind of youtube type thing. They could make alot of money out of that!

Offline PM still in development.

They had something like that for a while didnt they? a section to look through everyones videos for sale. I don't remember how long its been but they added something like that at one point and then scrapped it.

Upvote 0
Offline PM still in development.

They had something like that for a while didnt they? a section to look through everyones videos for sale. I don't remember how long its been but they added something like that at one point and then scrapped it.
im curious when all those innovatuions will finish. I noticed that when cb change something on site, then i see really less people in my room. Like something is not okay but i dont know what and next day bammm some innovation. I had a feeling that it last from those 10 years of cb started. I hope it will finish soon because im really getting impatient

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me exactly what it is or where it is that is going wrong for me. A little bit of the backstory to start with is that i have been working on Chaturbate for 5+ years now and still have a problem with getting tippers in. When I first started I didnt do so well when people actually came into my room becuase I was either getting harrassed, blackmailed, or threatened. Hell they even had no problem freeloading my room all the time. When a time came where I had no choice but to open my mouth and be more boisterous, people then slowly started to leave and never came back. Im just tired of being taken advantage of and now its gotten even more difficult to get motivated or even have a better attitude from all the madness that went on. any potential tipper that comes in the room is either scared off by me from talking too much or not simply giving them what they want for 50 tokens. Am I on the wrong site? Should I try to keep pushing the dead weight on the site I am on now? Am I wasting my time?
Sometimes we have to take pause and ask ourselves if the path we have chosen is the right one. Because if I was struggling for five years straight on a job I would certainly quit and find something else. Camming isn't necessarily logical, above everything else: looks, charm, persistance... what it really takes is grit. The strength to not take anything personally, and the aplomb to let criticism and mean spirited comments roll off your back to keep doing what you do. Users test us every day, they tip and follow the strong. Dont asak me why, but tippers follow the leader so you have to become the alpha male in the body of a woman to lead the show. The weak-minded models only attract men into dominance, they let their rooms turn into wrecks for those, fall prey to power struggles and because of it the room never takes off. So members test models like they test each other, to see if you can be relied upon as a leader. They will test you: make fun of you, insult you, they want to see if you can take it. Can you?

Upvote 1
I can only recommend you grow a thick coat
In no case do not take everything personally.
you have to be able to switch off, which is sometimes very difficult. Throw users who are bad or just stupid the same. You can then reactivate users. The next day, usually when they come back, they behave differently.
take care of users who are sympathetic to you
and who also support you with tokens.
then you will actually survive the time quite well and do not look for models that have 8k or 9k users in the room, 90% of them are mostly anonymous.
it's actually enough ..... for me at least ..... I'm not a top model .... between 30 and 50 users in the room
I prefer to have fewer users who type something from time to time
Nor do I need any chat corpses That don't type a token all night and don't write a word.
but everyone has to find their own way and if you stay true to yourself you will survive the time well

you must never forget it's your side you are the boss you decide ...

in this sense have a nice Sunday.
Hi Maria I am getting about that many in my room now on a good night and last night in the twenties up to 33. The 2 last night were saying 'the reason you haven't got many in your room is because you wont do this or you wont do that'. I thought that was okay as some only get 4 but they made me feel that was poor. I do like my regulars they are lovely and I enjoy talking to them. I do tend to concentrate on my regulars which I might not sure if that annoys the others. If you get a big tipper who you don't know is it best to concentrate on them or the big tipper?. I am still only averaging 5$ a hour as although I get a lot if tips they are usually small amounts.

Upvote 0

There should be a offline pm plus a way viewers cant pm you first. Also if someone pays for a pm days before the chat stops open so they seem to be able to pm forever more. They really need to work on this side of it.

Upvote 0
Hello I've been in this forum for a few years and actually I only read with because it's just incredibly interesting but when I've read that now
I said to myself ..... now I'll give my opinion
I've been on cb for a few years.
I'm mostly only online at the weekend. I have a lot of fan club members and I'm happy about that.
Time will never change that complete freaks trolls never go away.

I am glad that I have some really good and long users who always support me.
Every day is unpredictable, sometimes 100 token in 4 hours and then 5000 token in one hour.

But what I will never change are people who keep asking for prices but have 0 tokens
sometimes the users don't even know that we can see who has tokens and who doesn't
I keep asking, why don't you save yourself writing. when I have a good day I answer it and most of the films are users who have then asked a stupid question already gone.
Then there are never users here who want to be entertained for 1 token all night but do not understand that we do not do this in front of the camera as a hobby, and then get annoyed that we do not write or talk to the 1tok all the time king.

What worries me most at the moment are new users that I don't know, many of whom type dryly at once or go to a private show, don't say a word and immediately disappear. I had something like that last night.
the user starts the private chat
I take 60t / 10 minutes
But as another user had just typed for a small show, I could of course not go into private,
I then wrote to please wait 5 minutes.
after exactly 5 minutes start private after 4 minutes is simply gone, without a word.
I spoke to him and wrote no reaction.
Then it occurred to me ..... Oh my god hopefully it wasn't someone who buys tokens with stolen credit cards or something.
so I took screenshots and sent everything to CB support
maybe. I'm wrong ... but I wanted to be on the safe side
because at the moment I read it very often that models are banned. where they can't help it ... mostly ... if someone tipts with the wrong token.

liebe grüße aus Berlin
Can you see how many tokens I have as a member? Cause last time I was in a room she seem to know almost exactly how much I had left to spend.

Upvote 0
As a visitor i appericate that greys are muted. And i hate people asking for free shit, so if no tip and they keep asking , please get rid of those freeloaders. For me I always tip out of respect and I find it more interesting when someone is not fully naked. So after your pvt or some goal, I think it's smart marketing to clothe back up. I also found my regular cam girl that I visit is very into it when she goes pvt , so I find myself coming back.others I met just don't seem all there, so I never go back. I admit it's hard to find girls , i click what I can see from front page usually.

Reactions: Highlander884
Upvote 1
As a visitor i appericate that greys are muted. And i hate people asking for free shit, so if no tip and they keep asking , please get rid of those freeloaders. For me I always tip out of respect and I find it more interesting when someone is not fully naked. So after your pvt or some goal, I think it's smart marketing to clothe back up. I also found my regular cam girl that I visit is very into it when she goes pvt , so I find myself coming back.others I met just don't seem all there, so I never go back. I admit it's hard to find girls , i click what I can see from front page usually.
And don't under value yourself. I seem some girls charge so little for Pvt . For the right client they will pay. I pay I think abit too much for this girl but she smart cause she has the pvt cost and then Lovense on a timer at a rate.

Upvote 0
Can you see how many tokens I have as a member? Cause last time I was in a room she seem to know almost exactly how much I had left to spend.
No Kenny.

They can sort the user list by tokens after that they just need to know the amount of tokens some of the users in their room possess to get a rough estimate or if you're the first username then they know you have more tokens than everyone else in the room xD.

Upvote 0
They can sort the user list by tokens after that they just need to know the amount of tokens some of the users in their room possess to get a rough estimate or if you're the first username then they know you have more tokens than everyone else in the room xD.
I didn't know that so their names are in token holder order?.

Upvote 0
I didn't know that so their makes are in ticket holder order?.
yes their names are in token amount order if they set that option, its in the chat settings, next to where PMs show up, there is an option called "Sort Users" you can pick either alphabetically or tokens.

Upvote 0
Omgggggg that's fucked, no wonder I get milked lol I ain't topping up anymore until I know I want something. What time you on, I'll come support you if our timezone syncs

Upvote 0
yes their names are in token amount order if they set that option, its in the chat settings, next to where PMs show up, there is an option called "Sort Users" you can pick either alphabetically or tokens.
I looked at this tonight but you still wouldn't know how many tokens that had though would you?.

Upvote 0
I looked at this tonight but you still wouldn't know how many tokens that had though would you?.
With just your token count you would only know if they had more or less than you, if you were receiving constant tips and checking the list every so often you could get an idea of some of them as you pass them but if you happen to know the token amount of some of the other users in the room via communication or alt accounts then you can get a decent idea.

Upvote 0
Omgggggg that's fucked, no wonder I get milked lol I ain't topping up anymore until I know I want something. What time you on, I'll come support you if our timezone syncs

Some sites allow the models to see EXACTLY how many tokens the user has, but they can set their token privacy setting to "Only friends" or "No one can see".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.