AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sudden influx of users

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2020
Foreignistan
I'm a user, and this is just out of (nerdy) curiosity.
I'm a regular in a room that for the most part has 10-15 users when the studio model is streaming. About half of us are tipping and chitchatting. Pretty typical as far as I know.
However, several times I've seen the number of users rise sharply from the usual 10-15 to 70 and even 100. All the "extra" users are anonymous, and after a couple of minutes they are all gone. After some time, the same thing happens again.

What's happening?

Aha, okay, but what is the point? Looking better on the CB frontpage?
Can't say I've seen an extra amount of "normal" users showing up after the 'diva flooding', but I try to pay attention to the other diva pehomenons that are going on 😜

Upvote 0
I'm a user, and this is just out of (nerdy) curiosity.
I'm a regular in a room that for the most part has 10-15 users when the studio model is streaming. About half of us are tipping and chitchatting. Pretty typical as far as I know.
However, several times I've seen the number of users rise sharply from the usual 10-15 to 70 and even 100. All the "extra" users are anonymous, and after a couple of minutes they are all gone. After some time, the same thing happens again.

What's happening?

I’ve seen this happen in the room of a non-studio model several times and also been curious what it meant. In her case, I’d be surprised if she’s buying bot traffic, especially since it goes away within a few minutes. It doesn’t seem like she gains anything from it.

My theories have varied but I still can’t figure it out. My best guess has been something related to the CB algorithm by itself, and/or in relation to other bots. But she usually has between 30-60 in her room at a time. When it spikes, it’ll go up to 120-180 but only for a few minutes, and virtually all anonymous.

I’ve wondered:
- Does the CB algorithm for page rank bump a model into a higher placement if X number of users with tokens (or a history of tipping her specifically) are in the room? Like maybe her page temporarily becomes easier to find until one of us leaves (or tipping activity hits a lull)?

I tip this model a lot, and one time I saw the traffic spike happen right after I dropped a very small initial tip after entering the room. That’s what made me wonder...

- Have people independently set up bots to detect when tippers have joined a room? I.E., when someone’s likely about to pay for a good public show?

Mind you, none of this is a big deal. Just a fun riddle to try to solve.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
I think ranking goes up , if there are more coloured people.
Anons doesn't affect rankings, but new models are hoping someone will notice them with bigger numbers- that's why they are buying traffic from Diva traffic.
Well, some people do know how to set up bot , but I am not one of them. :)
(Would be interested in if someone will make one for me, tho)
Happy to help always.

Upvote 0
I don't think this is related but I am going to share anyway 😁... I have been camming for almost three months and my room generally sits anywhere between 70 and 300 users. One night about 2 weeks ago I came back from away mode or a 5mins break can't remember which one but my room had almost 7,000 ppl in it!!! I was completely shocked I have no idea how they all got there I only have around 10,000 followers so it was very odd.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.