AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Summer traffic

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
Does the summer normally have a larger influx of models logging online, or is it due to a growing trend of girls discovering the world of camming? ...because it sure seems like a larger-than-normal amount of online models at any given time. I would guess a summer break from schooling would be a significant contributor to this. I wasn't on mfc last summer since i had "quit" (more like a long hiatus so i don't go broke) and i can't recall how it was 2 summers ago. Thanks in advance

Could also be girls are logging in for longer times because it can be more difficult to hit goals in their usual amount of time. Especially if a girl's regulars are out doing summer activities and vacations and stuff. :) I think it's a little bit of all the reasons you stated too, though.

CharlotteLace said:
Could also be girls are logging in for longer times because it can be more difficult to hit goals in their usual amount of time. Especially if a girl's regulars are out doing summer activities and vacations and stuff. :) I think it's a little bit of all the reasons you stated too, though.

A LOT of models say from Memorial Day through Labor Day is a very slow time for them, maybe only beaten by the Thanksgiving-Xmas holiday time. People just tend to do different things during the summer, and for the winter holidays they're probably too broke.

But, also for the North American college girls, they have more time to cam if they aren't taking summer classes, so that might be another reason he's seeing more.

UncleThursday said:
A LOT of models say from Memorial Day through Labor Day is a very slow time for them, maybe only beaten by the Thanksgiving-Xmas holiday time.

I would think more online models results in spent-token thinning across the board. Simply less tokens to go around.

But i was wondering if maybe i'm just imaging things in terms of more online models. It could be just me.

UncleThursday said:
CharlotteLace said:

A LOT of models say from Memorial Day through Labor Day is a very slow time for them, maybe only beaten by the Thanksgiving-Xmas holiday time. People just tend to do different things during the summer, and for the winter holidays they're probably too broke.

But, also for the North American college girls, they have more time to cam if they aren't taking summer classes, so that might be another reason he's seeing more.

The (American mostly?) holiday times were always pretty good for me. The "summer slump" is a very real thing as far as I'm concerned :lol:

There are more models online for longer during summer. Between people being outside in warmer weather, and increased summer expenditures like vacations and children not being in school, there is a drop in spending on adult content. Lot of models have to stay online longer to reach their usual goals. Plus they're trying to earn extra to go on those vacations themselves.

It seems like more new models enter the adult industry during summer too. But I don't know if there is any factual evidence recorded anywhere to support that.

Jesse0328 said:
People get off the computer and go outside during the summer months.

That place called "outside" you speak of is horrible. Either it is rainy & gloomy, or it is so hot it burns gingers like me right through sun screen. I'd never leave home if I didn't have to. :snooty:

Here is something that I observed and I am not sure what to make it. I occasionally log on to Chaturabate, and I've always rooted for it to succeed to give MFC some much needed competition. But never spent much money, cause the last thing I need is another camsite.

This last week I've noticed something that I really hadn't noticed before, Chaturabate rooms were considerably busier than MFC rooms. For instance there were 3 room with more than 1000 viewers on MFC including Ginny and Kickaz. At the same time there were more than 20 rooms on Chaturabate with more than 1K viewers. Now perhaps a 1/2 dozen rooms on Chaturabate were couples. But the rest were solo or girl girl shows. The rooms seemed busy, and while I didn't really pay much attention the tips the 1K rooms were definitely collecting tips, although I didn't see the the 1000+ tip on Chaturabate which seem to be common in top 100 rooms on MFC.

So for anybody more familiar with Chaturbate has traffic seemed to pick up, recently any changes?.

As far as earnings and traffic, I've charted my earnings every month since late 2011 and there's very much a pattern with my earnings, traffic, and the seasons. With each season change, my earnings will spike and drop very predictably. Even though my earnings have increased significantly since when I first started camming, the pattern is still exactly the same. :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.