AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Synchronicity; ever experienced it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justjoinedtopost

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Feb 23, 2015
Curious about this (mostly wondering how much of it is real vs. imagined). Had a little experience the other day that is really turning into quite a headfuck.

I was out the other day, and something caught my eye about a stranger. I made a polite comment, got a friendly polite response, then we went our separate ways. Nothing major really, in terms of importance it amounted to little more than holding a door for someone and saying 'after you'.

Thing is, a day or two later it dawned on me; years and years ago there was an eerily similar interaction with another stranger, only the roles were reversed. My polite observation from the other night was pretty much the same as the one I received from a stranger back then.

I would chalk it up to the fallibility of memory, perhaps me imagining things, except for the fact (real or imagined lol) that I mentioned the interaction that happened to me years ago to someone else I knew at the time, which in turn led into a completely unrelated discussion.

Sometimes this is just Apophenia. The brain naturally looks for patterns, and some times it even find patterns where no pattern exists. Like thinking a cloud looks like a bunny. This is often why gamblers believe two independent events are linked; And that they'll some how win by the user of ritual and or superstition.

Sometimes this is just Apophenia. The brain naturally looks for patterns, and some times it even find patterns where no pattern exists. Like thinking a cloud looks like a bunny. This is often why gamblers believe two independent events are linked; And that they'll some how win by the user of ritual and or superstition.
Yeah that is usually what I try to remind myself. I've gotten a number of conclusions hilariously wrong over the years.

The really weird part about this is, the conversation that arose out of the first incident years ago, well I had a repeat of that conversation just a few days ago. Roles not entirely reversed, but close enough to make me wonder (without drawing any conclusions).

Well take a search about what deja-vu is and you will understand more about it.
I had a pretty intense couple-seconds of deja-vu once, intense enough to leave me bewildered for a minute or two. This doesn't really strike me as the same. Maybe linked somehow, but different.

Status
Not open for further replies.