AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Take Private shows or only stream in Public chat??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2019
I've been a cam girl a very long time, with some moderate success but I feel like I am extremely inconsistent. Some of my fans want (true) private shows, some of them want to stay in public and tip that way. I'll get more fans if I stay in public, more chance to find a "whale" if they even exist anymore.. and keep most of my fans happy as I'm not cutting anyone off. BUT also I'll get a lot more freeloaders! I don't like to take privates when the room is busy, but I swear that's when everyone WANTS privates!! and then if I do take one, 10 minutes or so pass by and most of the people have moved on to a different room.

Since I've been so wishy washy it seems like public chat is slower because they are worried once they tip someone will steal me away for a private show. I've tried only taking privates when things are slow, but if it's slow then nobody wants a private except maybe out of pity. I'm not sure if I should still allow privates or stay in public chat like most camgirls seem to do. Any advice?!? :h:

Disclaimer: I recently started on MFC and am faced with the same question - I am already on a private based show site (Streamate) and want to treat MFC as the group chat site it was created to be.. something very different to SM.

The ranking system is intimidating but don't be afraid to experiment. Taking private shows on demand on certain days of the week may help in the beginning.

I recently did a group show and was completely unaware that group shows get auto-recorded and saved (unlisted) in your MFCShare to use or delete. I think the same may go for every type of private/club show (but please correct me if I'm wrong!). Some people enjoy watching livestreams but aren't always around to see it, so I recommend changing the settings of unlisted private shows to resell on your MFCShare to give people an idea of your shows.
Keep in mind that group shows are only 10tks/min, so do the show you want to do and ask people for tips if they have specific requests.

I also recommend offering to schedule private shows via pm/mfcmail/email for a later time, though you might already do this.

About attendance: I struggle with major inconsistency too, but MFC has so far been the only site to actually get me thinking about how much I need to change to live a better life. Even if you start at 2 hours a day, consistency is key. It sucks for anyone to feel excited by a streamer, only to never see them online again until a few weeks later. The hype dies down, and people may be hesitant to tip if they think you're going to disappear after the show anyway. Give them your best shot at commitment, and see how committed they are to you in turn. Best of luck! Hang in there :h:

Upvote 0
I've seen models handle Privates in a few different ways such as:

1) None at all
2) Scheduled for specific date/time that doesn't conflict with public show
3) Upon request

Focusing on the "upon request", this gets broken down into a couple of different ways:

A) Any time upon request - They will leave the public room and take a private. Some may announce to the room that they're going, sometimes they don't.
B) Pending - They may or may not take a private depending upon how active the room is, and how many tokens are coming in per minute.

There's a few models who only take privates on specific days, because they know their room well enough for which days are busiest in public chat. Yet, if it's slow on the days which are typically busier, they may take a private to help reach goal for the day.

As a member, I follow the pending model above for when I ask a model for a private. I don't track tokens. But, I get a general feel for how the room is, and inquire with her. If it's busy, I won't ask since there's risk of her losing tokens due to her being in private (I only do TPvt), as well as knowing members will leave while she's in with me. If it's slower, I'll ask her for a private and go by her lead as to when. Sometimes, it's immediately, or she may want to wait a few minutes. There's been times I've missed out on an opportunity of a private with a paritcular model because of waiting to ask. But, in the end, I'm happy she's making something.

Best of luck!

Upvote 0
Thanks so so much for your input!! In my experience guys don't like to schedule privates cause they always seem like a very spur of the moment thing. They get turned on during public chat and want to have their personal sexy one on one time with me right away. I guess I could give it a try and see how it goes!

Reactions: DoD404 and mira_leo
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.