AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Taking a short break but want to keep customers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trixxi_Love

Cam Model
Mar 10, 2021
Pacific NW
Twitter Username
@Trixxilove
Streamate Username
TrixxiLove69
Chaturbate Username
Trixxilove
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1004545680/Trixxi_love/
Does anyone have any advice for what you would do if you knew you were not able to cam model for week?

Im visiting family next week and want to make sure I can retain my followers even though I will not be able to cam for 5 days. I’ve thought of posting on my activity feed that I would not be available but then I thought that could backfire against me.

I also considered offering a discount for everyone that buys a video to send an additional video similarly priced at no cost. If anyone has any advice on this subject or similar threads I could look at would be much appreciated!

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
hi! depends what site you working on, if its one with camscore dropping dont know, if its chaturbate is cool, i just came back few days ago from a week trip and i have double traffic and busier then before, guess they missed me or i came back with more energy :))

If it's SM it doesn't matter either, same thing as ana said, I go away a while and I'm busier than before. A week is hardly any time.

Does anyone have any advice for what you would do if you knew you were not able to cam model for week?

Im visiting family next week and want to make sure I can retain my followers even though I will not be able to cam for 5 days. I’ve thought of posting on my activity feed that I would not be available but then I thought that could backfire against me.

I also considered offering a discount for everyone that buys a video to send an additional video similarly priced at no cost. If anyone has any advice on this subject or similar threads I could look at would be much appreciated!

MyFreeCams is the site that comes to mind where this may have been a concern if you were away for like maybe months at a time? But I don't really think 5 days off cam is a huge deal. Your usual customers might tip/go private with someone else (But that's normal anyway for guys to tip/spend on other models). But I'm sure they'd be happy to see you when you return. :)

I think every model should be able to enjoy a vacation without being penalized. The whole camscore thing does drive me crazy though. If you could motivate people to send you offline tips and/or buy videos while you're off cam, I'd think that'd be helpful. I think the video discount idea for that time frame is a good idea.

Yes, if I were you, I'd post on your news feed, your profile, and on Twitter the time frame that you won't be available. That way, some of these guys aren't losing their mind thinking you've quit or something. Haha.

I don't visit other models when my favorite model takes a break. So that means I have more money to spend when she returns. Not everybody is so loyal ofcourse, but if they managed to find you earlier, they'll find you again. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Posting you're gone for a few days won't backfire; It's only helpful for your visitors.
Afterwards, if you happen to see a regular online, you can always send a single, small pm saying you're back.

When I come back from breaks on Streamate, I'm always super busy. My regs miss me and want a show. Usually longer ones then normal! I also notice I get more shows with new people. I'm assuming the busyness makes them interested to see what's all the hubbub. My days back from time off are usually high earning days. When I'm taking time off to focus on loved ones, I don't bother updating any of my feeds. Most of the time, I dont even update them that I'm taking a break. I still get messages asking where I am if I do or don't. Depending on the site, you can schedule out content/posts, so you dont have to worry about updating.

Take the time you need to see family and try not to feel guilty. I was scared for YEARS to take any time off because I would lose my following/momentum. I went my first two years without taking an extended break from my schedule other than the occasional day off. Took me a while to feel comfortable about allowing myself to take nessesary time off for family, friends, health, ect.

I wouldn't worry about being gone for 5 days. I'm actually taking a week off from MFC right now, and if prior experiences with this are anything to go by, my members will have more tokens to spend when I get back. Usually my first stream back after a short break is a really good one since they missed me.

I really am grateful for everyone sharing their advice and experiences with me! I’m on Streamate and appreciate everyone’s thoughtful suggestions. I just found out how to send videos to customers so I will definitely put a post on my activity feed with a BO/GO kind of offer while I am visiting family.

From a member's perspective, taking any length break is perfectly fine and expected. Just be sure to be upfront that you are taking a break and how long you'll be gone with your regulars. I used to be a regular to a model who would take sudden, unannounced months long breaks and had fewer regulars show up each time she returned. And then complain about messages from members thinking she had retired. It's just no bueno for anyone interested in a model's continued success.

I also take at least one week a month off for period, sometimes I cam as little as a few days and never noticed a decline in income hourly. I work on SM mainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.