AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Talking about your life

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianCowboy

Banhammered
Jan 19, 2020
This is a question mainly for the models on here, do you like talking with members about just their life in general as I know you talk to a plethora of people in a day. I had a conversation this morning about what I do for work (I'm a rancher worked in oil for a long time) I love talking to people and knowing what makes them genuinely happy. Is it the same for you?

I do :), I’ve always been of the opinion that we’re all human and you don’t always know what a person is going through. Just asking someone about their day might actually be making their day (as long as I’m not in the middle of a show or it’s changing the vibe of my room of course). I’m a really caring and curious person and don’t like talking about myself too much. I’m always more interested in other people, especially if they have interesting lives or live in a country I’ve always wanted to go. I think as well it helps build good and lasting relationships with viewers.

you’re right about the speaking to a plethora of people a day aspect but personally I sometimes find camming and clip making quite isolating and lonely so I’m happy for the chat back!

Talk all you want in a private 🤣. Seriously though, I don’t mind as long as it doesn’t kill the vibe in my room. I think it depends on the type of the show. If it’s slow and the model is in a talkative mood I don’t see an issue with it. But I do get upset when people bring up negative life aspects when I’m trying to hit a goal/in the middle of a hardcore show. It’s mostly a read the room type of situation. I’m definitely more interested in those who support me vs someone looking for a model therapist without any sort of tokens given. My room count is normally pretty high but if you’re a repeat member who has helped me hit goals I will definitely want to get to know you better.

if you’re more referring to the model talking about herself, I prefer to keep that a bit more out of the room. I’ll let you know moods and some situations but I don’t like members knowing too much about my personal life. There’s Dani and then there’s me off cam and I prefer to keep a bit of separation. Helps keep sanity a bit more for me.

As a member you just need to understand the boundaries involved in talking about personal things vs anonymity and privacy. Because you feel free to talk about yourself doesn't mean the same to the other party and you should be offended if they choose to keep their walls up even if you lower your walls.

One of my major pet peeves with models is when one demands information from me when we should both be afforded the same level of anonymity when in a pvt. At the same time I can relate to the corner a member can probably put a model in when they're giving the model a lot of personal details and possible makes the model feel shitty not offering the same back because they need that layer of protection. I would definitely say to any member that tries to 'personalize' the experience with models to possible consider how such conversation might be interpreted as manipulation for the model to lower their guard and why it there could be a negative response.

I wish more models didn't keeps a double standard when it comes to prying questions that aren't needed to perform their services. The sites has already confirmed my age, where I'm from and if I can pay so there no reason the models needs anymore information than my username unless I option to give more.

This is a question mainly for the models on here, do you like talking with members about just their life in general as I know you talk to a plethora of people in a day. I had a conversation this morning about what I do for work (I'm a rancher worked in oil for a long time) I love talking to people and knowing what makes them genuinely happy. Is it the same for you?
Cool question. It depends on the day and the context (keep in mind I work a private based site). Generally, I do not like that in free chat, when I am working on a live stream online. So I prefer just brief small talk when I'm online trying to have sex shows, unless in private. Streamate is more structured around that. However I cannot speak to MFC or Chaturbate, in that regard.

When I am not live streaming and messing around online, I tend to love it. As long as it's just light chatting (i.e. not unpaid dirty talk, or unpaid therapist, as mentioned). Same as real life for me. I avoid folks who are always angry, or always have 100% complaining about the same issue to do (once in a while that's fine, but not all the time). I ENJOY folks who like to joke around, or just keep it light chat/ goofy, share observations etc, or have the same interests as me, that we can talk about. I do really enjoy vicarious experience and learning, so I can get a lot of pleasure learning about other people's lives, travel, pets etc. EDIT TO ADD; if that's something which they enjoy too. I have no interest in pushing people to talk who don't want to, or are not interested in it. I want it to be a mutually positive experience :cool: 💕

Last edited:
sometimes I feel uncomfortable if someone brand new shares too much personal info because I know I won’t reciprocate that. Plus it’s the internet and I don’t think anyone should share a ton of personal info on a platform where anyone could see it. Same thing on other platforms like Snapchat or twitter DMs. I also do NOT want to see pics or references (like names- I don’t mind if they say they’re a parent or that they’re with their kids etc) pertaining to their kids. As a parent I think that should be kept completely separate. I could be a psycho- you don’t really know me.
I do enjoy joking and banter with people on cam especially if they’re a regular. Keep in mind I’m also an introvert so I’m usually more reserved and not as gregarious as a lot of other models so this is definitely influencing my opinion.

Like a friendship, you slowly open up to one another depending upon how comfortable you are. Many of the models I became regulars in learned more about me than I did about them. While certain levels of privacy were maintained, it was still a little lopsided. Personally, I'm fine with it. I respect their privacy, and accepted what they were willing to share. Some were very open and honest about their lives. Others, much more reclusive. I was thankful for them trusting me enough to tell me what they did.

On the flip side, if I'm in on an actual dating site (not a camsite), or talking to someone where there's an interest in pursuing a relationship. Then, if someone asks a question, they should be willing to answer it as well. I've had it where more than a few times I'm in a conversation with a gal and she's prying for info but not giving anything up in return. Again, I get there's a certain level of security required in early stages of relationships. So, I don't have a problem with guarded answers. But, if you're not willing to answer your own questions, why are you even there in the first place?

Reactions: MarieElise
I hate talking about my life and it's happenings. I will only mention if my life happenings interrupt my camming. I usually don't ask about others because I don't like people asking about mine in return. I'm weird.

Like a friendship, you slowly open up to one another depending upon how comfortable you are. Many of the models I became regulars in learned more about me than I did about them. While certain levels of privacy were maintained, it was still a little lopsided. Personally, I'm fine with it. I respect their privacy, and accepted what they were willing to share. Some were very open and honest about their lives. Others, much more reclusive. I was thankful for them trusting me enough to tell me what they did.

On the flip side, if I'm in on an actual dating site (not a camsite), or talking to someone where there's an interest in pursuing a relationship. Then, if someone asks a question, they should be willing to answer it as well. I've had it where more than a few times I'm in a conversation with a gal and she's prying for info but not giving anything up in return. Again, I get there's a certain level of security required in early stages of relationships. So, I don't have a problem with guarded answers. But, if you're not willing to answer your own questions, why are you even there in the first place?
I think a lot of guys treat camsites as dating sites. Sooooooo not the same.

biggest thing I hate with the personal questions in the “getting to know you” types are when someone asks my location. My profile just says USA. I will not get more specific and many keep asking. 9/10 they want to see if I’ll meet or if I’m close enough to eventually meet that the thought thrills them.

I think a lot of guys treat camsites as dating sites. Sooooooo not the same.

biggest thing I hate with the personal questions in the “getting to know you” types are when someone asks my location. My profile just says USA. I will not get more specific and many keep asking. 9/10 they want to see if I’ll meet or if I’m close enough to eventually meet that the thought thrills them.

Yep, camsites and dating sites are completely different yet so many think they are the same. Or, it's a hookup site. If that's what they want, Tinder or others will work.

I can understand your point. I generally left the location out of the discussion unless it was brought up by the model. If she brought it up, it was always more of a talking point such as if I had been in the general area, points of interest, sports, etc. No different than if were to talk about taking a vacation to Vegas, etc. Again, a lot of guys looked to trying to score with a model. For me, I looked at it as if I was somehow lucky enough to meet a model I was a regular of, it'd be treated as long time platonic friends getting together for lunch or coffee. Nothin more. But, I'm also sure a lot of guys say this and have ulterior motives.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Yep, camsites and dating sites are completely different yet so many think they are the same. Or, it's a hookup site. If that's what they want, Tinder or others will work.
don't you know if a woman shows her tits on the internet it means she is DFT 🙃

I keep it casual like, how was your day? and they usually say good or fine (or the classic: "better now that I see you bb" haha, hello blacklist!)

I don't mind occasionaly talk about a movie or about food but not too long or else it can last forever and I might lose potential customers who are not here to discuss what cheese is the best cheese (they're all delicious anyway haha ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.