AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tech questions,please help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2017
Romania
Twitter Username
@SophiestiqueX
MFC Username
SophiestiqueM
Chaturbate Username
Sophiestique
So long story short, i think its time for my PC to get a nice clean up, reinstall windows and all. Been a few years since i did that, and i get some glitches, not sure if thats the reason tho. Example, for a while OSB that im using with chaturbate keeps disconecting/reconecting very often( not sure if uninstall/reinstall/do all settings again will help)
Issue now, that i need help with. Im a sucker for habit so im still using windows 7, cant seem to find anywhere to get it anymore, and ofc i havent kept a copy of it. can you please tell me if its a big difference between 7 and 10 beside the looks?
Also specs for my PC are:
CPU Intel Core I5 -6600K @3.5GHZ 3.5GHZ
RAM 8GM
harddisk is a SSD 110GB
Will these be ok with Windows 10?
Thank you very much for your input :)

Windows 7 was released in 2009 and is long since considered end-of-life by Microsoft. There are no more patches or updates for Win 7 of any kind. Apart from the SSD that is probably a bit on the tiny side, you should be okay with the rest of the hardware when you upgrade to Windows 10. If your PC still has the license key sticker on it (provided it had one in the first place), you can *probably* also upgrade to Windows 10 for free. No guarantees about that though. Worth a try.

Stuff that worked on Windows 7 will mostly also work on Windows 10, except maybe drivers for old hardware.

Windows 7 was released in 2009 and is long since considered end-of-life by Microsoft. There are no more patches or updates for Win 7 of any kind. Apart from the SSD that is probably a bit on the tiny side, you should be okay with the rest of the hardware when you upgrade to Windows 10. If your PC still has the license key sticker on it (provided it had one in the first place), you can *probably* also upgrade to Windows 10 for free. No guarantees about that though. Worth a try.

Stuff that worked on Windows 7 will mostly also work on Windows 10, except maybe drivers for old hardware.
2009 wow, didnt know its that old lol. well, the windows 7 i have its not purchased but internet way activated so updates were deactivated, i am planning to buy a windows 10 licence now.
should i replace the SSD? its what it was recomended when i built my pc for camming, is the GB? or the actual SSD the issue?
and thank you very much

well, the windows 7 i have its not purchased but internet way activated so updates were deactivated, i am planning to buy a windows 10 licence now.
should i replace the SSD? its what it was recomended when i built my pc for camming, is the GB? or the actual SSD the issue?
and thank you very much
You're welcome!
The SSD is fine, but 110 GB is a bit small and will leave little room for your own files (videos, pics etc.) after you have installed Windows 10. It takes up around 30 GB on its own.
480 GB SSDs are relatively cheap, but you'll probably get away just fine with a 240 GB if you have budget constraints.

ETA: Ooops. Sorry. Looks like I'm in the Ask-a-model section ...

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
You're welcome!
The SSD is fine, but 110 GB is a bit small and will leave little room for your own files (videos, pics etc.) after you have installed Windows 10. It takes up around 30 GB on its own.
480 GB SSDs are relatively cheap, but you'll probably get away just fine with a 240 GB if you have budget constraints.

ETA: Ooops. Sorry. Looks like I'm in the Ask-a-model section ...
:) sorry i didnt really know where to post the thread lol:)
so the room is the issue:) i will consider a bigger SSD, i shoul dbe fine atm as i only have 11GB of my own files on, i dont use the PC for anything else than camming.
as u helped a lot, have any idea if unistall/install OSB would help with disconect/reconect thing?
thank you again:)

Reactions: CheeseMoon
runned the packet test, saus lost 1.3% received 79/80
also disabled ipv6 now
the uninstall/reinstall OSB didnt do a thing btw, but i thought it wouldnt anyway
ok do this...
hold down your windows key and tap the R button, that will open a run window, in the box type in this exactly: ping google.com -t
then hit the OK button.

A black window should appear with white text, the only thing you care about on that screen is the time=#ms, it should show you the time in milliseconds. Try broadcasting and tell me what happens to the text while you are disconnecting, does the milliseconds time get very high? does it start saying request timed out? or does it continue perfectly normal?

ok do this...
hold down your windows key and tap the R button, that will open a run window, in the box type in this exactly: ping google.com -t
then hit the OK button.

A black window should appear with white text, the only thing you care about on that screen is the time=#ms, it should show you the time in milliseconds. Try broadcasting and tell me what happens to the text while you are disconnecting, does the milliseconds time get very high? does it start saying request timed out? or does it continue perfectly normal?
oh well, its not disconecting anymore, since disabled ipv6, and when i run the ping to google, the response came fast and window closed as fast lol. time was 17ms

You can try to reinstall obs, but I doubt that it will help. It's most likely because the windows and the version of the app are not compatible. Try to use an older version of the app.

If an older version is not working as well, than the problem is in your PC most likely, or in the operative system that you're running.

Try to update the current version of your windows system, or fully reinstall it. Sometimes errors like this one can appear, and people are usually not sure what to do. One of the errors which I encountered as well, because of some file being bugged, deleted a lot of folders from my PC. I had a lot of pictures and memories in them, thought that they were lost forever, but I didn't lose hope and contacted this DATA RECOVERY service. They made an actual miracle and restored everything that I lost. I am very thankful to them for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.