AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Technical question about using a Microphone on CB..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2021
England
Wondered if anyone can help, I was looking at this Mic to use on Chaturbate, its only cheap but I'm not looking for anything overly sophisticated, I just want it to sound good to an audience, the mic on my cam is fine, however I mostly have to type as I need to be quiet most of the time as live in a shared household, as the cam is some distance from me it would not be viable to whisper or talk quietly and the audience still hear me, so I thought about whispering into the Mic instead and perhaps doing some ASMR type stuff.

I do edited content creation rather the livestreaming so my experience doesn't match perfectly and other people's input is going to be better. In general USB microphones are considered to be on the lower end of quality but they better then your camera's onboard microphone.

If you are going to be doing stuff where the audio quality is greater importance (podcasting, streaming using an avatar/vtubing etc) you will want to use a dynamic XLR mic and pre-amp set up.

There are professional ASMR mics but they are ridiculously expensive.

Upvote 0
Anything will sound better than a webcam mic, and regardless of what you are actually using to record the most important thing for sound quality is the distance of the mic to your mouth. I whould also check out youtube reviews for any mic you consider so that you can compare sound quality.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.