AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Telegram Rules for Adult Content in Telegram Groups?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Does anyone know what Telegram's rules are for adult content in their Telegram groups feature? A model I know wants to run a fan club for her top 10 viewers as a Telegram group, and she asked me if she can post nudes there. I could not quickly find a list of rules for this. Clearly Telegram has NSFW groups, but I see those getting banned and frozen all the time, so there must be stringent rules around those. Is there a way to prevent anyone from seeing the content of the group until the model explicitly adds the person? That would remove about 99.9% of the complaints if you could keep arbitrary people from just entering the group name and peeking into it.

I know some things, but I don't like you. Didn't we tell you to go away?

It's bizarre. You want to act as a white knight for these girls, but you don't actually know how to help them, so you come here asking for information to pass on. I think we've been done being middlemen here for some time.

Reactions: mika_kedi and Mila_
Apparently Telegram has two multi-user concepts: groups and channels. Groups are conversations between multiple users. Channels are one-way communications from the administrators to the members of the channel. Channel members cannot create content in the channel.

If you use groups, you run the risk that a bad-actor member will start posting NSFW content that is outside the stated charter for your group. Your group can end up getting limited or cancelled by Telegram. Unless someone wants a significant administrative burden, groups are problematic.

Channels have an option to be private and have the administrators manually add and delete members. There is a URL that can be used to auto-join the channel, but there is always the option to simply never distribute that URL. So channels can be limited to whichever members the model wants there. So for a model with limited time and desire to administer things, channels look like a better fit for distributing content.

Channels have an option to create a discussion group. Those would have the same problems as a Telegram group.

Telegram apparently just tries to follow the law, broadly across many jurisdictions. So if content in your private channel violates no laws, and you act in good faith belief that your channel members are age-verified, you probably will not get the kind of tight censorship that is so common on platforms like Instagram. Telegram apparently allows NSFW content in public channels, and therefore certainly allows such content in private channels.

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
Status
Not open for further replies.