1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movies that you enjoyed because they're terrible

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by mutantdonut, Nov 25, 2018.

1. mutantdonut

Basically enjoying a movie for the wrong reasons

Breakin' - a movie from the 80s about b-boying (aka break dancing) with some of the most cheesy 80s stuff all shoved into one movie. Never watched the sequel unforunately

The Mummy - featuring Tom Cruise. Seemed to have one absurdly silly sequence after another. The further the movie progressed, the more ridiculous it got.

2. zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander

Oh, so many! This is one of those subjects that I love, but also makes my brain seize up from thinking about all the options. I'm a huge fan of Roger Corman, Troma, Full Moon, and so on. They're pretty self-aware in regards to where they stand on the spectrum of art vs schlock.

Speaking of the emergence of urban counterculture in the 80s, my favorite movie of the genre is Krush Groove. The soundtrack is great, but the story and acting are definitely not great.

This scene from Dogma (also a fun but not very good movie) sums it up well.

3. AmberCutie

AmberCutie ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
    Staff Member Cam Model

wat in the wat

Dogma was amazing. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander

I'll admit my bias extends from the fact that I was working at a movie theater at the time it came out, and I saw it every day for a couple of months. All the cracks become apparent under that much scrutiny. Unfortunately, it's ruined pretty much all Kevin Smith movies for me -- except for Mallrats.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  5. ForceTen

I honestly can't think of any..

Usually, I either turn it off and find something else to watch. Or, I've walked out of movie theaters before because couldn't handle them...

6. Pia

Pia
    Cam Model

TROLL 2 x'DDD idk if it is really terrible, I think the bad acting, cheap costumes, ridiculous everything is on purpose hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tara_Card

Cam Model

I mean, obviously Spice World is a classic bad/good. Also Coyote Ugly. I love so many bad movies I can't even think of more right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Songbird_Shelly

Bad Biology

I believe the opening scene starts out where the woman says that she was born with 7 clits. Lmao. The movie is just intentionally weird/dumb as fuck. Haha.

9. Johndoe91

All 6 Tremors movies

10. MDouble00

I'm genuinely shocked to see Dogma in this thread, but to each his own. My interpretation of the topic at hand would be a movie that by all standard measures people would say it is a bad movie, but damn do I love it.

My number one in this case would have to be Surf Ninjas. For any not familiar with the film:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surf_Ninjas

Everything about this movie even with my kid brain would say it is crap. But I have loved this movie for 25 years now. I've had roommates and Fraternity Brothers in college who had never seen it and I have got them to love this movie. One of my best friends and I have long running bits about "buying knives", "Finding Spain", and "Moto Surfing" strictly because of this movie. I'm laughing even as I type this. To that end we got his wife to watch it with us about a year or so ago and she's like "I have no reason to like this movie, and yet I like this movie" She wanted to do other things with her time and her day and she couldn't get up to walk away from the movie.

I'm sure there will be some others that might come to me, but right now they are all in the distance compared to Surf Ninjas in my late night brain.

11. Redvelvetkatt

Cam Model

CRITTERS.....critters 3 is a work of art!! I frequently daydream I could be an angry puffball that shoots nails and my means of transport is fucking ROLLING AWAY....hahahahah

12. BalleRenee

Cam Model

Jason X and Resident Evil 2 are movies that would fall into this category to me

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dan Epstein

I have so many crate dig ups for this thread....Let's start with a direct insult to the intellect shall we?
    Anyone remembers the 80's masterpiece Whoopee Boys?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092210/

• Like Like x 1
  14. camhappy

I love me a truly awful film, and Saturday Night Fever might be my favorite.

Every scene is so corny and the dialog so ridiculous that it seems like it might have been written by the Saturday Night Live team. This YouTube clip has some of the funnier scenes.

15. JoleneBrody

JoleneBrody AdultIndieProductions.com
    Cam Model V.I.P. AmberLander Industry Representative

Killer Clowns From Outer Space!

• Like Like x 1
  16. sphbilly

Return to Oz....... if you've seen it, you know why lol

17. FreqALeak

Tropic Thunder. Robert Downey Jr. wouldnt survive playing a character in blackface in 2019! And the Simple Jack character played by Ben Stiller has also caused controversy recently, when Snowboarder Shaun White dressed up as the character for Halloween.

18. DFT

DFT

I have a strange nomination. The Favourite

Olivia Colman - brilliant. Rachel Weisz - impeccable. Emma Stone - engaging.
    Sets and costuming were flawless.

I think it's not a good movie though. It's confused if it's a drama, comedic or just what with an art house film ending.

The Death of Stalin - a comedy with drama. It's clear on what it was throughout and such a better movie with less effort in the performances.

19. curvyredhead

Cam Model

I would like to 2nd Spice World

and add ShowGirls