AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

terribly sorry to be such a bore, but...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbr

Oct 10, 2021
I'm another mug who has fallen for a girl I met in a cam room.

I use AW and LJ. I can't remember how long I have been using cam sites. I'm 45 now, so probably since there was such a thing lol

There have been many girls I have got to be friendly with, once or twice I have swapped numbers and had contact outside the rooms. Some were obvious scammers, instantly asking for money, or obviously just trying to keep a customer hooked in. I had no problem with that, we all have bills, right? mostly though, it was just a kind of typical, fleeting, "internet friendship" But....even now, after all this time, even I have somehow managed to fall for an EE cam girl. I considered my self immune to this, I'm too mature, too experienced, I know who I am and where I am coming from, I understand that it is all fantasy, not a dating site etc etc....or so I thought. Emotional connection in shows was never my thing anyway, it was always just about sex for fun, sex as a sport.

She is different from any other I have ever chatted with and I am sure there have probably been thousands by now... I know, I know, all us old fools say that but please, bear with me on this...

At first, she was just another new girl on the site. I wasn't even all that keen at first, she isn't the physical type I usually go for and wasn't particularly "tuned in" to the things I like. She is young, 19, and was very innocent and inexperienced at the beginning but she is very cute, so I added her to my rotating list of favourites. Girls come and go, so over the years, I have learned to keep a list of favourites that I constantly adjust. This is just to make sure I never get bored, or don't have someone to play with that I know and who knows the things I like. I am dominant and like BDSM games. One night, I logged into her group chat and had an amazingly erotic session where I was in contol and she gave me veto over the other members' requests. It wasn't planned or discussed beforehand, it just kind of happened that way. Everyone had a great time. Afterwards, some of the other members even wrote to me to say so lol. I know sometimes models are faking orgasms etc but this was one of those times when that was not the case. I am certain she enjoyed it and not just because she said so. Anyway, afterwards she and I went into pvt, she was still naked and we chatted for a little bit. I like the BDSM sessions to be very dark, so I always try to make sure the model is ok after (and usually before as well) and understands that it is just a game, even if only to ensure I can get a repeat performance and not be thought of as complete asshat. Suddenly, I began to feel very differently about her. I asked her to dress, she looked cold. As we chatted, I realised that I wanted to put my arrms around her, I wanted to cuddle her, stroke her hair, all that shit. I started to go to her room more and more, not always to repeat the session I described, but more and more just to be with her, to talk to her and listen to her talk, to hear about her life and hopes etc. I was visiting the other models on my list less and less often, some of them were messaging, asking where I had gone but more and more, I only had eyes for this one model.

One evening she made a comment along the lines of "I'm entertainment to you, that's how you see me, isn't it?" and I suddenly realsied that that was not the case at all, I had developed real feelings for her, I started to think about her during the day and I had started to spend much more than usual. Over the next few days, I opened up and told her about these feelings. She responded with the expected, "I really like you too, I enjoy our time together" etc etc, responsive but non-comittal. Professional, is how I would describe her responses.

For some reason I have yet to assertain, I , in my infinite wisdom, decided that it would be perfectly fine to flirt with falling in love with her, even though there was no chance of anything really happening. Maybe it was hubris. I thought I could allow these feelings to grow for a little while, it felt good to feel that way about someone. I have been single for a long time through choice. It was a novel idea for me, to let some of the walls down a little, to allow myself to expose some vulnerability. It was exciting, thrilling and a tiny bit frightening after so long. She tried gently to put me off. I think she could see that I wanted a more GFE type of thing. She said she couldn't understand why a man would want that and said she didn't want to lead me on. Genius that I am, I assured her that it was ok, she couldn't hurt me beacuse I didn't expect anything from her and I was a big boy who could look after his own emotional wellbeing. It's hard to explain the attraction. Maybe I have a Madonna/Whore complex, I don't know but she is actually unbelievably sweet, kind and in a way, pure of soul. I would have a few drinks and totally love bomb her in the chat, she seemed to really enjoy it. I would get messages from her every day on the site, not asking when I would be back spending but asking about my day, asking how I am, telling me how much she loved the romantic messages I would send her. I enjoy writing, she loves romantic fiction, so we were having a lot of fun and, I thought, growing closer all the time. Soon enough, I was asking her to meet IRL. I'm in Ireland, she is in Ukraine. Flights are cheap. I asked her to dinner, at my expense. I spent ages trying to reassure her that it was safe, trying to come up with ways where everything would be anonymous and out in public. Trying to reassure her that it wasn't for sex, that I didn't expect that and all the other nonsense that old fools like me use in these circumstances. After a few days, I realised that I was being stupid. I told her as much and promised to let the matter rest.

Except, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I couldn't control the feelings any longer so I did something, um, underhand? I wanted to test her. SO I said I couldn't come on the site for a while and could she please email me and left my email address. To my surprise she emailed me the next day, asking if I was ok and had something happened to me. I made some excuse about not being able to use the site for a while. This meant that I couldn't log on there or my lie would be exposed but I didn't care because she was now the only girl I was interested in, not just on cam but for real. For the next 2-3 months we swapped almost daily emails. Her English isn't great, I think she uses Google translate, so the conversation can be a little stunted. As my feelings for her continued to grow, the emails became more and more romantic. She sends me pictures and has sent me pictures of herself outside work, on her vacation etc. She never asks for anything, never asks when I am coming back to spend. I visit her room sporadically, mostly because I just can't resist seeing her. Her eyes make my heart melt. I know, yada yada yada, yawn, right? The weirdest part is this, I don't use any other cam sites any more and when I go to her room, I only want to talk and stare at her like some moon faced moron. Every once in a while, she will make some allusion to meeting but I know it isn't real, just part of the chat, part of the romance fantasy. Lately, I have started to say more things like "I know I will never have you for real", "we will never really meet" because I am trying to extract myself from the fantasy a little, I know it isn't healthy. She always protests but I know it is part of the game.

So now, I have decided to pull back, not to be the one reaching out most. She is getting more and more popular on the site so she will probably forget about me soon enough, if I can stay strong and stay away.

I mostly just wanted to vent, so thanks for reading (especially if you made it all the way to the end lol)

If I have a question it would be this. Part of me wants to explain this to her but I am unsure of my own motives. I am sure there is a part of me that hopes she will beg me not to leave her, I am sure there is a part of me that wants to shift some of the pain of my unrequited love onto her. I know part of me thinks that dumping the chats would be plain rude and hurtful. I know that I am frightened to learn that she doesn't give a shit and might even be glad to be shot of me.

Should I tell her how much it is starting to hurt? is there any point?

I'm so confused and lovesick.

Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot, I am fully aware that I am behaving like one.

Last edited:
I'm another mug who has fallen for a girl I met in a cam room.

I use AW and LJ. I can't remember how long I have been using cam sites. I'm 45 now, so probably since there was such a thing lol

There have been many girls I have got to be friendly with, once or twice I have swapped numbers and had contact outside the rooms. Some were obvious scammers, instantly asking for money, or obviously just trying to keep a customer hooked in. I had no problem with that, we all have bills, right? mostly though, it was just a kind of typical, fleeting, "internet friendship" But....even now, after all this time, even I have somehow managed to fall for an EE cam girl. I considered my self immune to this, I'm too mature, too experienced, I know who I am and where I am coming from, I understand that it is all fantasy, not a dating site etc etc....or so I thought. Emotional connection in shows was never my thing anyway, it was always just about sex for fun, sex as a sport.

She is different from any other I have ever chatted with and I am sure there have probably been thousands by now... I know, I know, all us old fools say that but please, bear with me on this...

At first, she was just another new girl on the site. I wasn't even all that keen at first, she isn't the physical type I usually go for and wasn't particularly "tuned in" to the things I like. She is young, 19, and was very innocent and inexperienced at the beginning but she is very cute, so I added her to my rotating list of favourites. Girls come and go, so over the years, I have learned to keep a list of favourites that I constantly adjust. This is just to make sure I never get bored, or don't have someone to play with that I know and who knows the things I like. I am dominant and like BDSM games. One night, I logged into her group chat and had an amazingly erotic session where I was in contol and she gave me veto over the other members' requests. It wasn't planned or discussed beforehand, it just kind of happened that way. Everyone had a great time. Afterwards, some of the other members even wrote to me to say so lol. I know sometimes models are faking orgasms etc but this was one of those times when that was not the case. I am certain she enjoyed it and not just because she said so. Anyway, afterwards she and I went into pvt, she was still naked and we chatted for a little bit. I like the BDSM sessions to be very dark, so I always try to make sure the model is ok after (and usually before as well) and understands that it is just a game, even if only to ensure I can get a repeat performance and not be thought of as complete asshat. Suddenly, I began to feel very differently about her. I asked her to dress, she looked cold. As we chatted, I realised that I wanted to put my arrms around her, I wanted to cuddle her, stroke her hair, all that shit. I started to go to her room more and more, not always to repeat the session I described, but more and more just to be with her, to talk to her and listen to her talk, to hear about her life and hopes etc. I was visiting the other models on my list less and less often, some of them were messaging, asking where I had gone but more and more, I only had eyes for this one model.

One evening she made a comment along the lines of "I'm entertainment to you, that's how you see me, isn't it?" and I suddenly realsied that that was not the case at all, I had developed real feelings for her, I started to think about her during the day and I had started to spend much more than usual. Over the next few days, I opened up and told her about these feelings. She responded with the expected, "I really like you too, I enjoy our time together" etc etc, responsive but non-comittal. Professional, is how I would describe her responses.

For some reason I have yet to assertain, I , in my infinite wisdom, decided that it would be perfectly fine to flirt with falling in love with her, even though there was no chance of anything really happening. Maybe it was hubris. I thought I could allow these feelings to grow for a little while, it felt good to feel that way about someone. I have been single for a long time through choice. It was a novel idea for me, to let some of the walls down a little, to allow myself to expose some vulnerability. It was exciting, thrilling and a tiny bit frightening after so long. She tried gently to put me off. I think she could see that I wanted a more GFE type of thing. She said she couldn't understand why a man would want that and said she didn't want to lead me on. Genius that I am, I assured her that it was ok, she couldn't hurt me beacuse I didn't expect anything from her and I was a big boy who could look after his own emotional wellbeing. It's hard to explain the attraction. Maybe I have a Madonna/Whore complex, I don't know but she is actually unbelievably sweet, kind and in a way, pure of soul. I would have a few drinks and totally love bomb her in the chat, she seemed to really enjoy it. I would get messages from her every day on the site, not asking when I would be back spending but asking about my day, asking how I am, telling me how much she loved the romantic messages I would send her. I enjoy writing, she loves romantic fiction, so we were having a lot of fun and, I thought, growing closer all the time. Soon enough, I was asking her to meet IRL. I'm in Ireland, she is in Ukraine. Flights are cheap. I asked her to dinner, at my expense. I spent ages trying to reassure her that it was safe, trying to come up with ways where everything would be anonymous and out in public. Trying to reassure her that it wasn't for sex, that I didn't expect that and all the other nonsense that old fools like me use in these circumstances. After a few days, I realised that I was being stupid. I told her as much and promised to let the matter rest.

Except, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I couldn't control the feelings any longer so I did something, um, underhand? I wanted to test her. SO I said I couldn't come on the site for a while and could she please email me and left my email address. To my surprise she emailed me the next day, asking if I was ok and had something happened to me. I made some excuse about not being able to use the site for a while. This meant that I couldn't log on there or my lie would be exposed but I didn't care because she was now the only girl I was interested in, not just on cam but for real. For the next 2-3 months we swapped almost daily emails. Her English isn't great, I think she uses Google translate, so the conversation can be a little stunted. As my feelings for her continued to grow, the emails became more and more romantic. She sends me pictures and has sent me pictures of herself outside work, on her vacation etc. She never asks for anything, never asks when I am coming back to spend. I visit her room sporadically, mostly because I just can't resist seeing her. Her eyes make my heart melt. I know, yada yada yada, yawn, right? The weirdest part is this, I don't use any other cam sites any more and when I go to her room, I only want to talk and stare at her like some moon faced moron. Every once in a while, she will make some allusion to meeting but I know it isn't real, just part of the chat, part of the romance fantasy. Lately, I have started to say more things like "I know I will never have you for real", "we will never really meet" because I am trying to extract myself from the fantasy a little, I know it isn't healthy. She always protests but I know it is part of the game.

So now, I have decided to pull back, not to be the one reaching out most. She is getting more and more popular on the site so she will probably forget about me soon enough, if I can stay strong and stay away.

I mostly just wanted to vent, so thanks for reading (especially if you made it all the way to the end lol)

If I have a question it would be this. Part of me wants to explain this to her but I am unsure of my own motives. I am sure there is a part of me that hopes she will beg me not to leave her, I am sure there is a part of me that wants to shift some of the pain of my unrequited love onto her. I know part of me thinks that dumping the chats would be plain rude and hurtful. I know that I am frightened to learn that she doesn't give a shit and might even be glad to be shot of me.

Should I tell her how much it is starting to hurt? is there any point?

I'm so confused and lovesick.

Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot, I am fully aware that I am behaving like one.
Sorry that you are going through this. I don't think that you are an idiot, and I appreciate how easy to read your writing was (i.e. that you used grammar).

I do think that maybe taking a break from cam sites might be a good idea if you find you are getting in too deep.
It's supposed to bring you joy, not anxiety and pain.

Maybe this is a BDSM spectrum thing and a part of you is enjoying the emotional pain and thrill of things? Not sure. In that case, you might be getting in too deep w the role play, and it would be good to be aware of that and careful with it. Cam sites and roleplay can become very addicting. As I'm sure you know. It's also very easy to confuse an attachment or habit for love.

I guess my personal response in this situation would just be to go quiet and ghosty for self-preservation purposes. If you tell her it hurts, it then puts the onus on her to cut you off. Which can be a painful thing for her to have to be obliged to do also. Depending on what type of person she is. She's very young, so this might all be really difficult for her to navigate, just as it is for you. Space might be a really good thing here.

Last edited:
Another veteran here. Try this...

Tell her you owe a ton of taxes, or you're filing for bankruptcy, and can't tip for the foreseeable future. Then, visit her regularly (when your tokens are out or very low) and watch how she changes over time...probably a short amount of time.

I've done this before when I was actually unable to buy tokens, and sometimes the model would immediately change her tune - sometimes it took a couple weeks. But every time the true colors eventually came out.

Rightfully so, too. Her 19 y/o beauty is there for one reason, and it's not to get emotionally involved with a 45 y/o long-time cam site member.

All just my opinion.

p.s. Don't camp out and waste her time/attention! Just watch her reactions/actions. Will probably just take a few minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: melanieoncam
p.s. Don't camp out and waste her time/attention! Just watch her reactions/actions.

many thanks for your replies

Maybe this is a BDSM spectrum thing and a part of you is enjoying the emotional pain and thrill of things?
I don't think so, since I like to be the dominant. I don't enjoy pain (unless I have consent to inflict it lol). I was perfectly happy as I was. I certainly wasn't looking for a girlfriend, especially not a "girlfriend"
It just came out of the blue. While I always go to great pains to be polite and respectful (at least before and after the show) I don't really have a lot of interest in the models' back stories. Some of the models I have had long standing arrangments with are women I don't even really like on an emotional level, it's purely transactional/physical. Maybe that makes me sound like a jerk, I don't know...

Tell her you owe a ton of taxes, or you're filing for bankruptcy, and can't tip for the foreseeable future. Then, visit her regularly (when your tokens are out or very low) and watch how she changes over time...probably a short amount of time.
This is what is so confusing: I don't go to her room often now, we communicate mostly by email, she never asks me for anything, or asks me when I will be back spending. 99% of messages I get from models on any site are simple encouragement to come back, or thanks for business, but I get your point. Things might change if she thinks there is never going to be a payout.

Rightfully so, too. Her 19 y/o beauty is there for one reason, and it's not to get emotionally involved with a 45 y/o long-time cam site member.
Fair point but the opposite is equally true.

Reactions: MarieElise
I guess my personal response in this situation would just be to go quiet and ghosty for self-preservation purposes. If you tell her it hurts, it then puts the onus on her to cut you off. Which can be a painful thing for her to have to be obliged to do also. Depending on what type of person she is. She's very young, so this might all be really difficult for her to navigate, just as it is for you. Space might be a really good thing here

You know, this is a really useful answer. I guess I hadn't given as much thought as I should have as to how difficult it might be for her too. Or rather, how difficult I might be making things for her.
I'm not sure I would have found such useful insight elsewhere, many thanks.

I always find it odd when men across the world "fall in love" with me while ignoring all the women he could be happy with right in his own town.

I don't encourage it at all and always make it clear this is a job for me and I'm never going to meet them or anyone online but it still happens. I hate it and I just wish all my customers would just have some sexy online fun with me and then go away until next time lol.

Maybe ask yourself why you aren't trying to get to know anyone close by.

didn't know 19-year-olds even knew how to use email, doesn't sound like she is too interested if she doesn't use normal the normal channels. She is so young I don't see how it ends well...but if you were a friend who was in or above the normal range for life metrics I'd say tell her what dates you will be in Ukraine and get it over with. But desire and loss fade soon, they have too

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
didn't know 19-year-olds even knew how to use email, doesn't sound like she is too interested if she doesn't use normal the normal channels.
Please tell me you're being sarcastic...
She is so young I don't see how it ends well...but if you were a friend who was in or above the normal range for life metrics I'd say tell her what dates you will be in Ukraine and get it over with. But desire and loss fade soon, they have too
No. OP, don't do this.

@Jbr First and foremost, I applaud you for recognizing your emotions, circumstances, and also very likely realities in this situation. Sometimes these love situations can cause horrible illusions of things and feelings that are not there. One of the best things someone can do in this situation is to remove themselves from it. Take time to have some introspective moments and honesty with yourself. Easier said than done, but giving yourself some space between you and her will help.

The likelihood of this being a love scam is there.

didn't know 19-year-olds even knew how to use email, doesn't sound like she is too interested if she doesn't use normal the normal channels. She is so young I don't see how it ends well...but if you were a friend who was in or above the normal range for life metrics I'd say tell her what dates you will be in Ukraine and get it over with. But desire and loss fade soon, they have too
I'm not going to do that. I don't think you read the whole post, did you? When did I say I was going there?
Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

No. OP, don't do this.

@Jbr First and foremost, I applaud you for recognizing your emotions, circumstances, and also very likely realities in this situation. Sometimes these love situations can cause horrible illusions of things and feelings that are not there. One of the best things someone can do in this situation is to remove themselves from it. Take time to have some introspective moments and honesty with yourself. Easier said than done, but giving yourself some space between you and her will help.

The likelihood of this being a love scam is there.
Many thanks for the answers, it helps to have the feedback.
Sometimes, doing nothing is the hardest of all. Having somewhere to let these things out is going to make that easier, so I thank the owner and you all for that.

I'm not under any illusions about her feelings toward me, (i.e. she doesn't have any, at least not the ones I want her to) The only problem here is the fact that I have developed feelings for her. As I said in my post, she hasn't claimed to have any real feelings for me, other than the standard answers one might expect. I have to say this though, if she is scamming me she sucks at it lol. I admit I would be ripe for the taking by now. Go back a few weeks and I would have done anything she asked me to, for a little while there, I would have given her anything. She had the perfect opportunity, I told her as much. Fortunately for me she didn't ask and a cooler head has prevailed now.
Unfortunately, that just makes me like her more.

Look, I get it, she is telling me what she thinks I want to hear, or more accurately, what I told her I wanted to hear.
That is partly how I ended up here. After reading the "infamous back tattoo" thread I understood that my experience is not unusual. I'm soooo glad that I have enough emotional intelligence not to end up there, poor guy. I just needed to talk to people who get it. I'm shocked and a bit disappointed at myself that I let this happen.

Another veteran here. Try this...

I've done this before when I was actually unable to buy tokens, and sometimes the model would immediately change her tune - sometimes it took a couple weeks. But every time the true colors eventually came out.

All just my opinion.

p.s. Don't camp out and waste her time/attention! Just watch her reactions/actions. Will probably just take a few minutes.
I pulled something like this a few years ago and it backfired pretty badly :giggle: luckily we worked things out in the end. but everyone is different, maybe it will work.

You're not an idiot. You're a camsite OG and you managed to only fall for one model, that's honestly impressive work.

Seriously though Shoot your shot OG if it doesn't work out just block her or don't visit anymore, it sounds like you already did this by asking to meet her
have one last chat explain why you are leaving if you need to get it off your chest. at the risk of sounding like abit of a donkey, it might be worth it.
In my opinion, you need to go complete no contact. your feelings are too strong and you're just going to torture yourself by visiting her room, even infrequently.

!

I am reading posts like this to make sure I stay ahead of the game.

I could easily fall into this pattern. So I use a lot of discipline to not get too into the emotions of it all. Your words are what could easily happen to me if I let the cammer/model get too close.

I say things to them like "I support you with some tokens and positive chat.." But we are not ever going to be together.

"Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot, I am fully aware that I am behaving like one"

I think you are your own critic so I will save the comments. There is an old saying which is that there is "No fool like an old fool"

The girl is actually free to be a 19-year-old who is experimenting at that age with life. She gets a free pass.

The burden for all of us over 40 (I am 50) is to snap out of it and let them get back to enjoying being 19-year-olds with the freedom and excitement to do crazy stuff.

images.png

An update, an excuse to vent, whatever...

I didn't cut contact... I couldn't. I still don't visit her room, or any other rooms. I was a fairly big spender before but I have no interest now.
We continued swapping emails, I wrote her a poem, it illicited a very strong response.
I gave her my mobile number last night and we chatted for a few hours on WhatsApp. I expressed the pain of knowing I will never have her. She said she wants us to be together.

She said she loves me.

I didn't say it back. I've never used those words with her before. I told her I have strong feelings, that I am falling for her but not the actual phrase.

The girl is actually free to be a 19-year-old who is experimenting at that age with life. She gets a free pass
I'm going to guess at a couple of things that might be going on here.
She enjoys the attention, she sends me photos and I tell her how beautiful she is.
She enjoys romantic fiction, I provide a free supply.
She can safely assume I will be back in her room at some point, spending.

Still, she never asks for anything, never asks when I will be back and I can't give this up, not yet.
The love scam is likely/possibly in the making, I guess we will see in time.

I will keep you posted

She said she loves me
This changed everything for me.

We all know this can't be true, right?
I'm just grateful, I guess, that I have managed (this far) to avoid getting drawn in too much. Re reading the sticky posts on the topic has helped, again, thanks for that. This is now at the point where she is leading me on, I think.
Even if there isn't a financial end game, I think this girl is toying with my emotions now.
I think it would probably have been easier somehow if there had been a request for money or gifts, or if she had pushed for more pvt shows. I could have put the entire episode in a box then, it would have seemed somehow less ambiguous.

It's true, there really is no fool like an old fool.

Re reading the sticky posts on the topic has helped, again, thanks for that. This is now at the point where she is leading me on, I think
I agree. It's super cool and helpful that Amber took the time to do that for people.

Yes, big up yoself, Amber!!
This has been a priceless resource in a difficult time.
I am eternally grateful for your time and effort.

Yes, big up yoself, Amber!!
This has been a priceless resource in a difficult time.
I am eternally grateful for your time and effort.
Wow, what exactly is your problem?

Where I am "big up yoself" means "great job" "awesome"
Not something bad....

You have all been really supportive, why would I be a dick now?

Where I am "big up yoself" means "great job" "awesome"
Not something bad....

You have all been really supportive, why would I be a dick now?
It did look a little like "up yours" which means "fuck you" and sarcasm after if we thought you actually said that.

Reactions: MarieElise

Where I come from (Britain) it is also an insult, much like this google result revealed for other countries too. I don't know why you would have been purposefully rude after everything, so that's exactly why I asked.

Mmmk
I'm not sure how you got from 0 to 100 right there so fast but please, believe me, you got me wrong.
Big up
Not
Up yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.