AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Addictive Qualities of Tipping Camgirls

• Thread starter Deleted member 72761
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 72761

I've been a registered member of this forum and Chaturbate for approximately one month. I was an anonymous CB viewer for years prior to this. Once I registered, bought tokens, and began tipping, my dopamine levels and addictiveness to the site skyrocketed. Early on I sampled lots of rooms, did a few privates, and explored my newfound tipping ability. Ultimately I became a fan of a specific studio which features a variety of models. They follow a schedule which I quickly learned, as well as what type of shows occur at each shift. For about a two-week span within the last month I was in the room every day, often multiple times based on my availability and who/what the room focus was. I developed a cordial relationship with the regular models and was always eager to meet new faces. They greeted me when I entered the room and they provided a good product that I was happy to tip for.

So what is the issue? My entire life became consumed with this experience. When I was at work I wondered who would be online when I got home and signed in. Since the models rotate it was always a surprise. When I'd wake up I'd check to see who was doing what, even if I didn't enter the room. I'd get home on my lunch break and do the same. Every time I got the chance I'd sign in to chat and tip, even if I had no sexual desire at all. When I was in the mood I had no issue requesting privates, sometimes thrice in one day.

As I quickly discovered the toll this was taking on my mental, emotional, and financial health, last weekend I committed to taking one week off. During this week I developed a plan for returning, including a set budget, time limits for privates, and other general rules I need to follow if I want to continue supporting my favorite room. Last night I returned to the site and saw some of my favorites models, including my newest favorite, and man is it so hard to not fall back. I did a private, but I had planned that from the beginning. I was happy to see my virtual friends again and they expressed the same about me (and my tokens).

I can see how easily one can become incredibly addicted to tipping sites to where it becomes unhealthy. Having models respond directly to your (tip) requests is quite a rush and hopefully you get a good show out of it. The system reminds me a bit of Vegas- token tip sounds, spin the wheel, lights and noises that respond to your actions, etc., and they make it so easy to buy more tokens in mere seconds.

As for me, had I not taken that week off I might have headed into a downward spiral of multiple facets. As of today, all is well so long as I stick to my plan. The purpose of this post is more or less to serve as a PSA from the viewer's perspective to beware of negative addictive aspects of camsites that can take control of your life. I'm a proponent of and supporter of these sites so long as all involved ensure their personal health (esp. physical, emotional, financial) isn't jeopardized in the process.

I've been a registered member of this forum and Chaturbate for approximately one month. I was an anonymous CB viewer for years prior to this. Once I registered, bought tokens, and began tipping, my dopamine levels and addictiveness to the site skyrocketed. Early on I sampled lots of rooms, did a few privates, and explored my newfound tipping ability. Ultimately I became a fan of a specific studio which features a variety of models. They follow a schedule which I quickly learned, as well as what type of shows occur at each shift. For about a two-week span within the last month I was in the room every day, often multiple times based on my availability and who/what the room focus was. I developed a cordial relationship with the regular models and was always eager to meet new faces. They greeted me when I entered the room and they provided a good product that I was happy to tip for.

So what is the issue? My entire life became consumed with this experience. When I was at work I wondered who would be online when I got home and signed in. Since the models rotate it was always a surprise. When I'd wake up I'd check to see who was doing what, even if I didn't enter the room. I'd get home on my lunch break and do the same. Every time I got the chance I'd sign in to chat and tip, even if I had no sexual desire at all. When I was in the mood I had no issue requesting privates, sometimes thrice in one day.

As I quickly discovered the toll this was taking on my mental, emotional, and financial health, last weekend I committed to taking one week off. During this week I developed a plan for returning, including a set budget, time limits for privates, and other general rules I need to follow if I want to continue supporting my favorite room. Last night I returned to the site and saw some of my favorites models, including my newest favorite, and man is it so hard to not fall back. I did a private, but I had planned that from the beginning. I was happy to see my virtual friends again and they expressed the same about me (and my tokens).

I can see how easily one can become incredibly addicted to tipping sites to where it becomes unhealthy. Having models respond directly to your (tip) requests is quite a rush and hopefully you get a good show out of it. The system reminds me a bit of Vegas- token tip sounds, spin the wheel, lights and noises that respond to your actions, etc., and they make it so easy to buy more tokens in mere seconds.

As for me, had I not taken that week off I might have headed into a downward spiral of multiple facets. As of today, all is well so long as I stick to my plan. The purpose of this post is more or less to serve as a PSA from the viewer's perspective to beware of negative addictive aspects of camsites that can take control of your life. I'm a proponent of and supporter of these sites so long as all involved ensure their personal health (esp. physical, emotional, financial) isn't jeopardized in the process.

Addiction always sucks. If that’s the road you were/are headed down, I’m glad you at least seem to recognize that.

The Vegas analogy makes sense. The token-based system makes it easy to forget you’re spending actual money. If you buy the bigger token packages, it’s even more dangerous because once you have them, you can be tempted to empty your balance quicker than you planned.

Budgeting is a very good idea. In your case, maybe buy tokens in smaller amounts, and schedule which days you are “allowed” to buy more. If you find it difficult to do that, it could be another sign that you need to leave cam sites for a while.

I usually buy the 4050 token packages but I often have to remind myself that’s $320. There have been many times when I’ve blown through three rounds of 4050 packages extremely fast, not stopping to realize that was basically $1,000 spent on a whim. I’ve reigned in my budget since then, and while I still spend pretty well, I keep it strictly within what I can afford to part with.

But you also mentioned the mental side of this, in addition to financial. That’s even more important. You said there’s a specific studio/certain models you are drawn to visiting regularly. If I were you, I’d go out of my way to stop visiting on a set schedule.

Don’t let it become a habit you can’t break, and definitely don’t let yourself start to feel obligated to visit and tip those models every day/week. Don’t establish dependency in either direction (you depend on the visit to be happy, or they depend on your tokens alone).

Good luck.

not stopping to realize that was basically $1,000 spent on a whim
I believe all sites should have a tokens limit which is preset for you and only you can change. The same way gambling awareness has made most gambling sites all pledge to implement stricter limits that the user can set & lock.

At the very least an amount spent on your account each month to remind you how many tokens you've spent.

Reactions: mkognitio
I believe all sites should have a tokens limit which is preset for you and only you can change. The same way gambling awareness has made most gambling sites all pledge to implement stricter limits that the user can set & lock.

At the very least an amount spent on your account each month to remind you how many tokens you've spent.

It’s easy to keep track of tokens in/tokens out (at least it is on chaturbate). Where it becomes a slippery slope is when you lose sight of how many actual dollars you’ve spent, and how quickly you’re spending it.

I do think displaying this kind of statistic in actual dollars, right next to where they display your token balance, could be a healthy slap in the face for many members. And that’s exactly why I wouldn’t hold my breath for CB or any other site to actually do it.

Reactions: Highlander884

That's not exactly in the best interest of the camsite though is it. Many sites have limits for new members due to fraud concerns but they want you to spend as much as possible before your credit card statement arrives or you come to your senses if it wasn't a great move financially. No matter what, you're an adult and you're responsible for your own decisions.

That's not exactly in the best interest of the camsite though is it. Many sites have limits for new members due to fraud concerns but they want you to spend as much as possible before your credit card statement arrives or you come to your senses if it wasn't a great move financially. No matter what, you're an adult and you're responsible for your own decisions.

Yeah, short of a full-blown addiction situation, I agree. Grown adults should be able to handle their own finances and fix spending problems if they arise.

Reactions: melanieoncam
You mentioned the Vegas/betting analogy, which is worrying.
I think there are similar aspects at play.

I’m glad to read that you think you have problem, because it sounds like you do.
That's why I took a break, but as I mentioned, I put new parameters in place during said break in order to have some balance. The primary difficulty is the only thing keeping those in place is... me. It's a good thing I don't drink.

The token-based system makes it easy to forget you’re spending actual money.
Indeed, I learned this very quickly. It's much easier to spend 200 tokens than it is, say, $20 for the exact same thing.

Budgeting is a very good idea.
I have a plan in place. I think my biggest need is to not go into the room every day.

I usually buy the 4050 token packages but I often have to remind myself that’s $320.
I only buy this one and the 2025 package because they offer the best rates.

There have been many times when I’ve blown through three rounds of 4050 packages extremely fast, not stopping to realize that was basically $1,000 spent on a whim. I’ve reigned in my budget since then, and while I still spend pretty well, I keep it strictly within what I can afford to part with.
That was me last month, especially weekends. "I'm out of tokens again, oh better get another 4050." Repeat the next day. Fortunately I have a reasonable amount I can budget and be comfortable spending each month.

Don’t let it become a habit you can’t break, and definitely don’t let yourself start to feel obligated to visit and tip those models every day/week. Don’t establish dependency in either direction (you depend on the visit to be happy, or they depend on your tokens alone).
The daily visits with privates had been my crutch; I have a game plan for that though. The girls in the room were fine before my tokens and they'll be fine without them. When I go in the room I generally stick around for a while and try to ignite action when it naturally slows. Plus I can speak in their language so I think they appreciate that.

Reactions: Smoothie
Also, thanks to @AmberCutie for the In love with a cam girl collection of threads as they have also been a major help for me in the last month.

I similarly got sucked in when I first started, identified the danger like you did, and set a strict budget. I'll say now that I'm a year and a half in, that initial high cools off after time and it's easier to approach it from a healthy perspective. Give it time, take breaks and find other ways to direct that energy, and stick to your budget.

I similarly got sucked in when I first started, identified the danger like you did, and set a strict budget. I'll say now that I'm a year and a half in, that initial high cools off after time and it's easier to approach it from a healthy perspective. Give it time, take breaks and find other ways to direct that energy, and stick to your budget.
This is refreshing to hear. One of my other issues is I recently quit, or mostly quit, my previous hobbies so I have a lot more free time with nothing else to fill it at the moment. This will change eventually and will help the process.

This is refreshing to hear. One of my other issues is I recently quit, or mostly quit, my previous hobbies so I have a lot more free time with nothing else to fill it at the moment. This will change eventually and will help the process.
This is what happened to me. My life was in a transition point and there were a lot of big empty spaces that had previously been filled with other things, and the fact is that camsites can help provide an artificial substitute for a lot of things. Feeling bored? Lonely? Horny? Want something that resembles a romantic relationship but has an on/off switch and is connected to your credit card? Camsites!

Over time (and in the interest of full disclosure, with the help of a therapist) I realized that I needed to look at why I was going to cam sites, and figure out what need I was trying to fill and whether there was a better way to do it. I realized though that when I was feeling lonely it was healthier and better for me to pick up the phone and call a friend or a family member than to talk to a cam model. When I was bored or restless I should go to the gym or meditate or read a book. When I was horny there are other, less expensive options. And when I wanted a romantic relationship I could instead choose to walk into the ocean and never be seen again.

Camsites are still great, I still visit them a few times a week, and I still have my favorite models I visit, but it has less of that all consuming pull that it used to and there's times when I get a notification that one of the models I follow is online and I can make the choice whether to go or not rather than feeling compelled to.

This is what happened to me. My life was in a transition point and there were a lot of big empty spaces that had previously been filled with other things, and the fact is that camsites can help provide an artificial substitute for a lot of things. Feeling bored? Lonely? Horny? Want something that resembles a romantic relationship but has an on/off switch and is connected to your credit card? Camsites!

Over time (and in the interest of full disclosure, with the help of a therapist) I realized that I needed to look at why I was going to cam sites, and figure out what need I was trying to fill and whether there was a better way to do it. I realized though that when I was feeling lonely it was healthier and better for me to pick up the phone and call a friend or a family member than to talk to a cam model. When I was bored or restless I should go to the gym or meditate or read a book. When I was horny there are other, less expensive options. And when I wanted a romantic relationship I could instead choose to walk into the ocean and never be seen again.

Camsites are still great, I still visit them a few times a week, and I still have my favorite models I visit, but it has less of that all consuming pull that it used to and there's times when I get a notification that one of the models I follow is online and I can make the choice whether to go or not rather than feeling compelled to.
I think my honeymoon phase is already wearing off. In addition to the set budget instituted, I also created a list of rules for me to follow. The tricky part is enforcing them on myself, but I think I will muster it. I appreciate you sharing as I sense some similarities in my journey. As with most things in life, it's nice to know you're not alone on that journey.

My entire life became consumed with this experience.

As I quickly discovered the toll this was taking on my mental, emotional, and financial health

I can see how easily one can become incredibly addicted to tipping sites to where it becomes unhealthy.

The tricky part is enforcing them on myself, but I think I will muster it.

It's not uncommon for people to try and barter, and or justify destructive behavior.
If you're finding tipping addictive, have you considered stopping? Like just delete your accounts, stop going to the sites.

It's not uncommon for people to try and barter, and or justify destructive behavior.
If you're finding tipping addictive, have you considered stopping? Like just delete your accounts, stop going to the sites.

People seem to be missing this sentence in my original post:

As of today, all is well so long as I stick to my plan.

And so far, I have.

I think my honeymoon phase is already wearing off. In addition to the set budget instituted, I also created a list of rules for me to follow. The tricky part is enforcing them on myself, but I think I will muster it. I appreciate you sharing as I sense some similarities in my journey. As with most things in life, it's nice to know you're not alone on that journey.
If you are really having a tendency for addiction I would clearly cut it off completely. It's like an alcoholic who makes his own rule of beging only allowed to drink a shot of beer a day and says to himself that he will be safe from now on. But he wont longterm.

If you are not at camsites to jerk off (sorry) you should simply quit it for your own health, mentally and financially.

Reactions: ElGato
The word addiction is getting thrown around a lot, and spending an irresponsible amount of time and money is not the same as an addiction. The fact that OP made this post at all is a pretty good indicator they're not addicted, so I don't think comparisons to alcoholism are fair and are actually a little gross.

If you are really having a tendency for addiction I would clearly cut it off completely. It's like an alcoholic who makes his own rule of beging only allowed to drink a shot of beer a day and says to himself that he will be safe from now on. But he wont longterm.

If you are not at camsites to jerk off (sorry) you should simply quit it for your own health, mentally and financially.

You can be an alcoholic or have addiction problems and learn to have self control and boundaries. Sobriety isnt the only way for recovery. Therapy helps. -a recovered addict who smokes weed occasionally.

You can be an alcoholic or have addiction problems and learn to have self control and boundaries. Sobriety isnt the only way for recovery. Therapy helps. -a recovered addict who smokes weed occasionally.
Yes. You can be.
The chances of that going well longterm are what?
I am familiar with addiction and its problems.
Had enough of it in my family. I know the strategies and techniques or how you wanna call it.
If it works for you - I am glad to hear.
I know many more who tried it and had no success.

The problem with anything online that involves money is that there is usually an army of clever little monkeys behind it who are specialists in designing experiences in such a way that they gently push you towards spending more and more. The same is true whether that be Clash of Clans or cam sites. The danger is that every tip, every new outfit for your virtual in-game hero isn't overly expensive in itself (in most cases) but it mounts up.

The big difference of course between Clash of Clans and cam sites is you very rarely get horny playing clash of clans, so the ability to make sensible decisions is usually still present.

The idea of sites setting a limit which you have to override seems like a good solution, and some sites already do this, until you realise that horny guy stops at nothing to sate his horniness so he'll just do exactly that - override it in the heat of the moment.

Personally, I would have thought token sites were at least a little bit better because at some point you at least have to stop and go through the credit card checkout procedure, which might be enough to break the horny train of thought. Sites that charge by the minute or do auto-topups seem like they would be the most dangerous because it's easy to lose track of time.

I know if this was me, I would have to step away completely because as much as I'd want to stick to a plan, I can imagine moments where the downstairs head would manage convince the upstairs head to make some really bad decisions.

If the amount can be changed then that doesn't solve anything...

That's not necessarily how addiction works. Most people quit their addictions on their own and the abstinence only approach, which is part of the lifelong disease model that's been adopted in America, honestly just leads to more harm than good.

I know if this was me, I would have to step away completely
That's what I did for a week (I knew a week would be ample for me), but if my new plan doesn't work I'll step away again. I also can communicate with a few of the models offline, which actually helps me not feel a need to be online all the time.

Yes. You can be.
The chances of that going well longterm are what?
I am familiar with addiction and its problems.
Had enough of it in my family. I know the strategies and techniques or how you wanna call it.
If it works for you - I am glad to hear.
I know many more who tried it and had no success.
moderation management isnt for everyone, but it can be better for some than full-on sobriety. it's long-lasting because it teaches lifelong skills that can be applied to other aspects of life. therapy is also a must to help figure out the root of your addiction, learn better coping skills and heal. people with food addiction are always taught moderation during treatment instead of full-on sobriety because we need to eat to live. food addictions have the same brain activity as a drug addict.

Last edited:
moderation management isnt for everyone, but it can be better for some than full-on sobriety. it's long-lasting because it teaches lifelong skills that can be applied to other aspects of life. therapy is also a must to help figure out the root of your addiction, learn better coping skills and heal. people with food addiction are always taught moderation during treatment instead of full-on sobriety because we need to eat to live. food addictions have the same brain activity as a drug addict.

^ THIS.
I had a significant alcohol dependency from my early teens, I knew it was going to kill me if I didn't break the habit.
For me, having access to alcohol but the willpower to say no was more effective than trying to avoid it altogether.
30+ years on and the temptation is always there to let go again.

^ THIS.
I had a significant alcohol dependency from my early teens, I knew it was going to kill me if I didn't break the habit.
For me, having access to alcohol but the willpower to say no was more effective than trying to avoid it altogether.

I knew a guy who quit smoking but kept a box of cigarettes with one still left in the pack in his pocket.

He said it really helped knowing that he could have it, but he always made the decision not to.

^ THIS.
congrats on your success! :h: