AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Public Cam Guy Thread (Male model stuff!)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh? Does anyone here think that? That came out of nowhere...confused...
Not me, I'd never try to use this as a way to meet someone lol

Most couples who cam were already in a relationship beforehand, sure there are some who met through the site but just not something I could see myself doing

Hi Guys... I am new to this Forum. I have been on Chaturbate for about 4 years. I found a very interesting thing recently. I am an older guy (62). I am in good shape and hung. I wear sexy undies and have toys that I use on cam. What I discovered is that if I stand rather than sit, I get a lot more tips.

On the subject of tipping, I find it so frustrating that I will have a bunch of blues and purples in the room and as soon as I say, Tip if you like the view, they leave. Anyone else get that? Any suggestions?

they dont want to tip they just want to watch your show that is why they leave as soon as u remind them because u are expecting the color profiles to tip.

The guys have it tough, it's harder to get tips and hold interest overall unless you really have something that makes you stand out. I haven't done bad for how long I've been on CB but I'm not at the top of the ranks that is for sure, i think i made the front page a couple times though. Doing privates usually pays off but i've had some wacko, demanding people with bad attitudes who I had to tell to get lost.

My advice to a male cammer would be to have a second source of income unless you have an 8 inch dong, cam with a buddy, or you can make at LEAST 50 bucks a day on average.That, or you are very, very good at faking cumshots :p

I just try to cam consistently and stay positive, all I can do.

how is a fake cumshot look like the audience are staring at your erect dick all the time and waiting for the shooting of load.

What do you think of doing free shows? I have almost 800 followers now but someone today (a blue user with not many followers, mind you) suggested I do a few free shows just to get my followers in the thousands before charging more and thus making more.

doing public cum shows are good and make it 'tip if you like' will make more people to add u in their follow list. and add viewers to your shows.

You might understand my point better if you read through this thread. There's a certain type of dude that comes here and is basically like, "Hey guys! I'm signing up to cam! Who wants to have sex!" and that's not really how all this works.

Well, I apologize. I was really confused, and it came out of nowhere.

I'd never want to meet someone this way.

Reactions: lostboy
Well, I apologize. I was really confused, and it came out of nowhere.

I'd never want to meet someone this way.
I think it can be easy to forget that what you are seeing cam models do does not necessarily reflect who they are outside of the site. Unless they are literally willing to meet members viewing them, what is being sold is an illusion of attainability that will be sustained as long as they are getting tipped. It's the principle behind any sex performer. Thus,while one may think they are DTF anyone because they are on a cam site, the possibility exists that they are just a normal person, maybe a broke college student, who either has or wants a regular relationship and is just doing this to help get by.

I'm speaking for myself with the above I guess, but my suspicion is that it's true in many cases. I knew a girl who was a stripper in college and she basically told me the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: CedricDean
You might understand my point better if you read through this thread. There's a certain type of dude that comes here and is basically like, "Hey guys! I'm signing up to cam! Who wants to have sex!" and that's not really how all this works.
I'm a bit confused as well, never seen any guys here thinking that, if they were after sex they are more likely to attract guys than girls.
Maybe I've missed something, when I cam I really get many female camgirl visiters, but it's great when i do!

Earlier today was another successful day. I got up to 300 viewers in my room, another 1k day and added another 240 followers. I'm now sitting over 1500 followers and counting. It seems like everything is growing steadier.

My second pay period run was 3300. I'm not really sure how many days this was, but it was a decent amount. This time around, with not only more off days, but more time spent on camera, and I'm knocking on 8000 with a few days left. Definitely excited about the opportunities this presents.

I should be getting about 15k tokens in cash back this upcoming pay period. Hope the next day and a half I can add some more to the total.

I made $250 in two weeks and have 900 followers to date. Needless to say, i am applying to a real job because I cannot even come close to living on this. Not sure what I lack - the body? the cock? or maybe it's just that i haven't done ass play. I don't think all of it is luck, but I think some of it definitely is and I may not have drawn the best hand

Last edited:
  • Sorry to hear that.
I made $250 in two weeks and have 900 followers to date. Needless to say, i am applying to a real job because I cannot even come close to living on this. Not sure what I lack - the body? the cock? or maybe it's just that i haven't done ass play. I don't think all of it is luck, but I think some of it definitely is and I may not have drawn the best hand

Unless you're a female mod, top end, I wouldn't live on this. This is supplemental living, at best. To date, I've made 1100 dollars in about 5 weeks. Unknown how many hours total. I know I've lost quite a few possible sessions due to me being banned.

Just keep going. I don't have abs, but a large, muscular frame and have received many compliments about dick size.

Unless you're a female mod, top end, I wouldn't live on this. This is supplemental living, at best. To date, I've made 1100 dollars in about 5 weeks. Unknown how many hours total. I know I've lost quite a few possible sessions due to me being banned.

Just keep going. I don't have abs, but a large, muscular frame and have received many compliments about dick size.
Since I started I've made about 550. People compliment me and all but the problem is many of them prefer to watch what they can and be chatty rather than throw tokens. I don't have a small cock but I lack the bulky muscular frame, I wouldn't think that would matter to gays but you never know, I guess some are more into the bear type

Seems I can't avoid flipping burgers or the trades after all lol. Bull chit. Welcome to America 2017 :joyful:

Last edited:
Since I started I've made about 550. People compliment me and all but the problem is many of them prefer to watch what they can and be chatty rather than throw tokens. I don't have a small cock but I lack the bulky muscular frame, I wouldn't think that would matter to gays but you never know, I guess some are more into the bear type

Seems I can't avoid flipping burgers or the trades after all lol. Bull chit. Welcome to America 2017 :joyful:

Some guys are weird. Made worse by me not being gay at all. But yeah some love the bear frame.

It's super frustrating with demands, and the times when I do get 200 people, 40-80 of those are possible tippers and only 10 or so will tip. Like, that's a lot of free rides. That's super frustrating

Some guys are weird. Made worse by me not being gay at all. But yeah some love the bear frame.

It's super frustrating with demands, and the times when I do get 200 people, 40-80 of those are possible tippers and only 10 or so will tip. Like, that's a lot of free rides. That's super frustrating
The most I've ever gotten was a little over 100 people, and even then only 3 or 4 people were tipping. The reason I don't complain too much though is because it's just a little bit of money to help me out now, anything helps, and I'm not going to cam forever. Probably a little under a year. The fact that it can be draining mentally and psychologically, doesn't necessarily pay well and the obvious privacy concerns are my reasoning for that.

I could be being impatient i guess - but somehow I feel that if I had potential things would be different by now, in the nearly 2-months I've been on there

Hit 1300 total in two shows. Second show was maybe 10 minutes due to a private show. Can't wait for the payday to come!

@lostboy Have you tried camming on multiple sites at once? I know one of the top male rooms on Chaturbate uses a technique similar to what Allen outlined a few pages back.

I fall into the third category, in that I work on multiple websites simultaneously (CB,F4F,SM,ImLive,Jasmin,Cam4 and a few others I pop on occasionally). This type of setup often ensures that in at least one chat, I have some kind of potential action going on. I have regulars on all of my sites, and between them, I always have someone to shoot the shit with while I wait for a horny customer to roll in. Sometimes I'll split a cam between two token sites, so that when someone pays for something on one site, its shown on the other, and encourages viewers to stick around/tip. Occasionally, you simply have to be okay with giving something away for free to attract viewers -- it may be talking, it may be a bit of showing skin, but if you want higher viewer counts and thus more exposure, you have to bring more viewers in, and you have to accept that a vast number of these guests will be nonpaying, but in their own way they contribute to your success. More viewers = More exposure. More exposure = a higher chance of a high spending client. You cant be found if you're 5 pages deep, so if you're going to be successful on token sites, you have to be at least somewhat tolerant of freeloaders. I dont always have the highest viewer counts, and I'm okay with that because I have high quality regulars, but its to your own advantage to give yourself an occasional boost of exposure by giving people something to enjoy. I'd rather have a viewer count of 5 or 6 and make decent money, than have a viewer count of 300 and make decent money. I understand your frustration and it is a fine line, but thats really part of what makes this a job.

Hi Guys... I am new to this Forum. I have been on Chaturbate for about 4 years. I found a very interesting thing recently. I am an older guy (62). I am in good shape and hung. I wear sexy undies and have toys that I use on cam. What I discovered is that if I stand rather than sit, I get a lot more tips.

On the subject of tipping, I find it so frustrating that I will have a bunch of blues and purples in the room and as soon as I say, Tip if you like the view, they leave. Anyone else get that? Any suggestions?

Are you using a tip menu or a notification bot? Try adding "Tip [X] if you enjoy the show". Keep it low like 5-15 tokens. I set mine at 10 tokens, and people do tip for it.

Reactions: Metal_Bat
@lostboy Have you tried camming on multiple sites at once? I know one of the top male rooms on Chaturbate uses a technique similar to what Allen outlined a few pages back..
Thanks, do you mean literally at the same time or just having multiple accounts and rotating broadcasts? I have a Jasmin account and thinking of trying MFC or Streammate too

Edit: nvm found the original post

The battle of showing nothing and getting nothing vs showing it all and getting more viewers is a real one. Many guys are impatient and will leave your room if it doesn't look like they can bust a nut in the next few minutes. They say it takes longer for women to be aroused than men, if that's true then this would be a lot easier if men were wired the same way. Also men are very visual, the way I usually weed out fake profiles (gay guys pretending to be women) is if they seem overly eager for ass or cock. In the few instances I had legit real women visit my room, they were usually more into making small talk and less raunchy in their commentary

Last edited:
What do you think of doing free shows? I have almost 800 followers now but someone today (a blue user with not many followers, mind you) suggested I do a few free shows just to get my followers in the thousands before charging more and thus making more.

Members will always try and get you to do things for free. DOn't fall for it. You'll devalue your room and it won't get you anywhere.

Reminder to aspiring male cam models, inspired by that one thread:

Please don't misunderstand this industry and expect it to be some shortcut to sex. Signing up for a site isn't some magic pill that instantly makes camgirls want to have sex with you.

Maybe try getting to know someone.

No one on here has mentioned trying to find female partners. Your post is a bit random and male models are a thing, the majority of us are not doing it for sex but because it's highly lucrative.

Members will always try and get you to do things for free. DOn't fall for it. You'll devalue your room and it won't get you anywhere.
I think the majority of people who will try to convince you free shows will make your room more popular are just trying to get a free peek

I think the majority of people who will try to convince you free shows will make your room more popular are just trying to get a free peek

Of course, they're freeloaders. I'd be inclined to ban a nontipping member that tried to give me advice such as providing free shows.

Of course, they're freeloaders. I'd be inclined to ban a nontipping member that tried to give me advice such as providing free shows.
I've gotten some weird ones...grey users saying they could pay me a lot outside of CB if I pm them, offers to be a pool boy in LA, or private show viewers who leave after a few minutes and are most likely just vid collectors. Gotta be careful and stay sharp

I've gotten some weird ones...grey users saying they could pay me a lot outside of CB if I pm them, offers to be a pool boy in LA, or private show viewers who leave after a few minutes and are most likely just vid collectors. Gotta be careful and stay sharp

You need to play around with your settings, set it so people can't request privates unless they have certain amount of tokens.

Also you need to adjust the settings so it shows you who has the most tokens. Sometimes a light blue has way more than any of the purples.

You need to play around with your settings, set it so people can't request privates unless they have certain amount of tokens.

Also you need to adjust the settings so it shows you who has the most tokens. Sometimes a light blue has way more than any of the purples.
Show format is where I am really struggling. I've had a couple miracle days where people just started tipping and it didn't stop, but most of the time I get stalled just trying to get naked. I don't know whether to start with my shirt on or off, I certainly wouldn't start naked. But the tip goal to just be naked isn't enough to make in one day and then I don't know what goal to use besides a cumshot once I am naked. I tried the "keep it going" app a few times once nude but it was awkward and tedious to keep stopping jerking off or cover up when people stopped tipping.

To echo what has been said, privates seem to make the most if they are the right person. One time I made almost 80 bucks in less than an hour in a pvt with a highroller. But getting consistent private show requests is not always reliable

Show format is where I am really struggling. I've had a couple miracle days where people just started tipping and it didn't stop, but most of the time I get stalled just trying to get naked. I don't know whether to start with my shirt on or off, I certainly wouldn't start naked. But the tip goal to just be naked isn't enough to make in one day and then I don't know what goal to use besides a cumshot once I am naked. I tried the "keep it going" app a few times once nude but it was awkward and tedious to keep stopping jerking off or cover up when people stopped tipping.

To echo what has been said, privates seem to make the most if they are the right person. One time I made almost 80 bucks in less than an hour in a pvt with a highroller. But getting consistent private show requests is not always reliable

Charge for things individually... ass flash, dick flash etc. Use the goal as an incentive but not the be all and end all. Don't give away anything for free. Being shirtless will bring in more people initially though.

Charge for things individually... ass flash, dick flash etc. Use the goal as an incentive but not the be all and end all. Don't give away anything for free. Being shirtless will bring in more people initially though.
How much do you think body type plays a role in popularity? I'm 5'6" or 5'7" and usually 120-130 lbs, closer to the twink category i guess. I also don't shave pubes at all, some love it and some hate it

How much do you think body type plays a role in popularity? I'm 5'6" or 5'7" and usually 120-130 lbs, closer to the twink category i guess. I also don't shave pubes at all, some love it and some hate it

Different things will appeal to different people. There's definitely a trend on Chaturbate though, most guys are really muscular and the rest of them are twinks. If you want to try and appeal to the twink lovers it's good to be clean shaven and do some man scaping. You don't have to shave it all off, just neaten it up if you get me.

I can only tell you my opinion and what works for me, lots of people like lots of different types. I can confidently say the twink look is the most popular but I am sure there's a niche for everyone.

Different things will appeal to different people. There's definitely a trend on Chaturbate though, most guys are really muscular and the rest of them are twinks. If you want to try and appeal to the twink lovers it's good to be clean shaven and do some man scaping. You don't have to shave it all off, just neaten it up if you get me.

I can only tell you my opinion and what works for me, lots of people like lots of different types. I can confidently say the twink look is the most popular but I am sure there's a niche for everyone.

i think Alex_M_21 are right ... there's thousand and thousand of members on CB ... for exemple, im 38yro semi-miscular 180lb looking good daddy (i think lol), i will not attrack the same crowd as you .. ok maybe less people in my room due to my age but maybe more tip, never know .... i'm sure that some will be sick and tired of what i will say next but ... smile and be playfull and stay yourself :) .... smile and happiness worth more than a muscular body ... proof ? last night i enter 2h30 long and ive made 4020tok and i look at some other young muscular performers and they generate half and less than me and they have 2-3 times my followers ... so .... i'm lucky ?? yes sure and smily too :p

Hell, i made almost 50 bucks today so i guess i cant complain. Sometimes it just seems like luck

Status
Not open for further replies.