AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The day you decide to walk away.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2019
Sometimes I wonder why I bother continuing with the cam world when so many that I thought were 'friends' have just walked away and vanished in the last 7 years. No goodbyes, nothing.

Currently there are many great people that I do keep contact with that I want to remain in contact with for as long as possible. I just hope they have the courtesy to say goodbye if they do ever decide to walk away, and not just leave a person wondering if they are alive or not. I know I would give a proper goodbye if I ever decided to leave.

So if any of you have online friendships but are thinking of leaving the online world behind you (regardless of being a broadcaster or member),
Please...... give a proper goodbye. Don't just leave a person hanging and wondering. (Unless it is people that really deserve to be ghosted).

We're all human, no?

(edit. I think I put this in the wrong section. Sorry)

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder why I bother continuing with the cam world when so many that I thought were 'friends' have just walked away and vanished in the last 7 years. No goodbyes, nothing.

Currently there are many great people that I do keep contact with that I want to remain in contact with for as long as possible. I just hope they have the courtesy to say goodbye if they do ever decide to walk away, and not just leave a person wondering if they are alive or not. I know I would give a proper goodbye if I ever decided to leave.

So if any of you have online friendships but are thinking of leaving the online world behind you (regardless of being a broadcaster or member),
Please...... give a proper goodbye. Don't just leave a person hanging and wondering. (Unless it is people that really deserve to be ghosted).

We're all human, no?

(edit. I think I put this in the wrong section. Sorry)

same. there are people who come in and out of our lives like a rubberband. people flat out disappear all the time in the industry. models and members both.

but at the sametime, not everyone is entitled to a goodbye if the person leaving does not want to. it's easier to leave like ripping a bandaid off for some people. it's best to accept that people ghosting and disappearing are inevitable to happen online. remember the good times with them, and hope they are doing well. they aren't doing it to be malicious. the period of camming is over, and they want to leave. and that is perfectly fine.

i mean if i made a big announcement if i was quitting or leaving the cam industry, i would probably be flooded with my fans telling me not to. also doubtingand questioning my choices. another scenario, what if i say goodbye, and nobody cares? that would suck so hard. or what if i do this huge goodbye thing, and in 6 months, i come back? because of these fears and worries, i have already decided to deactivate my main profile, twitter, and say my goodbyes on ACF model's only.

I hear this. It's hard to not take this personally. And then grieving the loss is even harder. I think anytime anyone of some value leaves without saying why or goodbye it hits me hard. We have established a relationship and it's seems like the most polite thing to do as a friend.

I think what messes with me is that last part: my core values include saying goodbye and explaining myself to people I have relationships with whether platonic or romantic. Accepting that others do not operate in the same way is a bit of a challenge.

xoxo

I've been on Twitter for 11 years now, and it's happened countless times. People that you shared absolutely everything with suddenly just... aren't there anymore. It sucks, it genuinely does. Personally though, I am absolutely awful at goodbyes because I'm far too sentimental and soft hearted. Sometimes it can be easier to just walk away, sadly.

This happens in real life too though... people come into your life, you befriend them for a while and then sometimes you drift apart. It can happen overtime or suddenly. I guess it's less noticeable in real life because peple are less available IRL than online, you aren't used to just talking to them whenever you feel like.

yep, this happens in all aspects of life. Online it's super easy to just disappear and leave people hanging. If i know I'm going to leave, I try to let those who I interact most with know. Obviously it's impossible to tell everyone, and few really care. But, it's courteous to let them know.

Where I wish people would just leave without a goodbye is if they get mad, upset, etc. and make a big public stink of it. If you're that pissed off, and disagree, be an adult and just walk away. No sense making a fool of yourself

Reactions: Lady_Sha
The few things that I learned from the online world is not to trust those who treat you as disposable. The ones who get bored quite easily of others because you cannot give them what they need to keep them entertained.
Those people I could care less for. They want to be respected for who they are, but don't necessarily want to give any respect back.

What I said originally, I wish I could really open up and say everything that's on my mind without seeming like I am angry, pathetic or so forth. There are always those that will judge you for any choice of words you use to try to explain yourself and what you are going through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.