AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The importance of cammers on mental health

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018
We're approaching quite a scary time with corona virus, countries in lockdown, empty shelves; I've heard police are patrolling the streets on foot, cars and drones in Spain making sure everyone stays inside unless doing certain necessities

I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who suffer from anxiety and find great comfort in daily routine and consistency, one that will likely be disrupted over the coming weeks

I think in times like these holding on to some normal life constants is very important

One of those constants is going to be cam workers and the service and company they provide

I've heard it's been a bit slow lately, I suppose that's to be expected in uncertain times, unfortunately some sw'ers might be underpaid and underappreciated when at a time like this it should be the opposite, along with youtubers, other streamers, podcasts etc you're going to provide an invaluable comfort and normality to people in abnormal isolated times

I know it doesn't count for much, but I just wanted to say thanks in advance for your service to come, you are appreciated

@Goblin Agreed.

Use your time wisely: don’t let the possible weeks or months of isolation be for nothing.
You can’t control how long you’ll need to engage in social distancing, but you can control if you spend that time productively.

Any form of kindness you can express, through cam/phone/text, to a random stranger will be contagious for others to do the same.

This may all sound fluffy and cliché, but think about it. A stranger telling you:

'I share your worry, but we're here to support each other and if we stand together things get better'

How would you handle your next interaction? Let's spread the only positive form of contagion there is: kindness.

Be safe. 🕊

Reactions: Goblin
@Lucianis couldn't agree more

Any hobby you can do from home is going to be a treasured escape

Any excuse to be be positive or genuinely kind is going to be a welcome outlet

Reactions: Lucianis
I appreciate this. No doubt, even with meditation, my nerves are getting to me; it's tricky to project confidence & sensuality when it appears the world is falling apart.

As a performer it's a challenge; hearing words of affirmation is pretty rad.

Reactions: Goblin
More time to relax and game. >.> No time spent commuting. Seeing your partner during lunch. :3

x5bg182ccxm41.jpg

I have anxiety and depression. This is all very overwhelming. I'm usually prepared for everything (how I cope with anxiety) but there is no way to know what we should do. No one knows. I don't even know if I'm supposed to eat my quarantine food or continue buying new food. We planted a garden and I've been getting up super early to have some time to work without kids everywhere and making sure I get dressed every day. It's been helpful.

Hope everybody is doing well,

This is so important! At least give others a break from the world! Personally, I found very hard to be in a right place (mentally), but also I appreciate the opportunity to give others a couple of minutes far from the madness! I think now it's very important to take advantage of the virtual world and support each other.

Much Love! ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Lady_Sha
I don't even know if I'm supposed to eat my quarantine food or continue buying new food

use it : ) [edit: gif smileys are terribly yellow...]

Reacting on this from France and assuming you are in US : )
in short : you don't need a stock if you don't use it immediately. it would be silly to not use it to lower your social interactions *now* (before your gvt has to decide for you)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
IMOP
Shelter in place can take 14 days to have a visible effect.
During those 14 days, You want to avoid exposure as much as possible.

Hopefully we see a decline, and the risk of exposure decreases.
But part of that requires people with symptoms to seek medical care, and people who are sick to say home.

and people who are sick to say home.
And don't forget : healthy people to stay home *of course* , this is the only shelter you have today and the only way to stop it.
Also, you can not test a whole population, can't test them every day, and you can't rely at all on people self responsibility, so please everybody, stay at home.

What you have to avoid is not to be sick, it's to contribute to the propagation and your stats today are worst than in italy (doubling every day)

Being sick should not frighten most of you.
Most of people recover fine with no help. Most of people don't need any hospital facility. Few need it and very few die.
But you have to be really scared to overflow these hospital facilities by being sick all together, killing your elder and weaker compatriots.

Most of people recover fine with no help. Most of people don't need any hospital facility. Few need it and very few die.
But you have to be really scared to overflow these hospital facilities by being sick all together, killing your elder and weaker compatriots.

Yah flattening the curve is better then nothing.
VA+Corona+Cases+-+Curve.png

But NY Time is reporting 40% of of the people being hospitalized are 20 to 54.

You don't have to die to end up being so sick that you have to be hospitalized and put on a ventilator for 22 days, or to get lung damage. And there is a shortage of ventilators. Like NY is doubling people up on ventilators. Companies are rushing to build ventilators.

More time to relax and game. >.> No time spent commuting. Seeing your partner during lunch. :3

x5bg182ccxm41.jpg

I was thinking about this meme during a zoom meeting. unplugged my good camera and just used the ol laptop camera on wifi ahha.

Then I had another meeting after a show with half the staff from the first. Wiped off the makeup and threw my hair up >_>

I was thinking about this meme during a zoom meeting. unplugged my good camera and just used the ol laptop camera on wifi ahha.

Then I had another meeting after a show with half the staff from the first. Wiped off the makeup and threw my hair up >_>
I am intentionally backlit. No makeup. Literally just rolled out of bed. Shitty chromebook webcam. Headphone mic. I think I'm stealth-camgirling pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.