AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The importance of Social Media for a newbie

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2021
Twitter Username
@D_A_Xmfc
MFC Username
D_A_X
Hello all, I am wondering about how important is it to have an established online presence PRIOR to camming? Can I get traffic from MFC alone when first starting out?

(I don't have an IG or any other platform yet....because I want to focus all my efforts on producing content for MFC (albums, videos, before broadcasting).

And on the subject: While I understand the 'no models in my room' protocol and fully agree with it, do models follow each other on MFCShare? (I have favorites I would love to follow but I'm unsure if that's acceptable or not? Is the FOLLOW option more for members?)

Thanks so much!!!

I think twitter is the staple sex worker social media to have. Instagram is pretty useless imo--you constantly need to tip-toe around the platform in order to not get banned or reported. I've had pics of me in a bikini taken down. Just not worth the fuss.

I don't think you necessarily need social media but it doesn't hurt to have it ready for your first broadcast so you can have people follow you and know when you're on next. Most of your paying members you will meet ON the actual cam site, not social media.

I think twitter is the staple sex worker social media to have. Instagram is pretty useless imo--you constantly need to tip-toe around the platform in order to not get banned or reported. I've had pics of me in a bikini taken down. Just not worth the fuss.

I don't think you necessarily need social media but it doesn't hurt to have it ready for your first broadcast so you can have people follow you and know when you're on next. Most of your paying members you will meet ON the actual cam site, not social media.
This is what I was trying to ascertain. You answered my question, thanks so much!!!

Hi there, I've had social media with my model name from the very start. I would rather suggest you use Twitter over Instagram, as Instagram is very sensitive when it comes to adult content, whereas Twitter doesn't mind nudity. While social media won't bring you hundreds of spenders, it will deffo bring some. Plus, it is a way to keep in touch with your members outside the platform you are streaming on, keeping them up to date with daily posts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.