AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The iWantClips Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2014
The fastest growing clip site!
www.iwantclips.com
Twitter Username
@iWantUpdates
Tumblr Username
iWantClips
Hello ACF,

My name is Dave and I am the social media coordinator here at iWantClips.

We have noticed how valuable AmberCutie's Forum is to the industry and wanted to create a thread here where anyone can ask questions, make suggestions, and anything else iWantClips related.

www.iwantclips.com is the fastest growing clip site and more!

We currently offer the industry's most advanced clip and custom-clip sales platform.

We offer the highest payout shares in the industry:

CONTENT
70%
TIPS/TRIBUTES
75%
CUSTOM CONTENT
100%

We are the leader in features/tools for producers and consumers:

Models have really enjoyed:
Weekly/Monthly Payouts
Tip/Tribute, Content, and Custom Clip widgets for their personal website
Pay-To-View Messaging: A model can take pictures or clips on their phone, set a price then, send them to customers from their phone.

Customers have really enjoyed:
Streaming/Download at anytime
Free Cloud Storage
Discrete Billing
Smart, Safe, and Easy to use custom clip ordering

I hope this is enough information to get this thread off to a great start!

I look forward to talking with you soon,
Dave

I recently joined IWantClips a couple days ago and just wanted to say it's been really positive so far :) the site looks a bit femdom-y but I've sold a few videos on there already that weren't femdom. I had a technical issue signing up so I emailed tech support and they were quite quick to respond. They have the same categories as all the main clips sites have now, plus some extras. I have had one ~repeat buyer~ and IWC has a good messaging system so I was able to message him to say thanks and to chat (he's a cool dude). Also if you use Filezilla to upload, it's insanely fast. Faster uploads than C4S. So far I really like IWantClips!

What is this section for?
Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 12.08.22.png
Is there a cam section to iWantClips that I'm just not seeing?

Also, how do we set up Pay-to-View messaging?

I don't want to bug support about these things, but your Store FAQ is pretty minimal (unless I've missed the page where it explains all this stuff).

Last edited:
View attachment 57964

I don't want to bug support about these things, but your Store FAQ is pretty minimal (unless I've missed the page where it explains all this stuff).

They sent out an email about 9 days ago about it. It's for private cam sessions using a streaming platform such as Skype. You get 70% take home for the sessions.

View attachment 57964

Hello,

Thank you so much for utilizing this thread! This is exactly what we intended it for and are pleased to answer any of your questions.

Please do not hesitate to contact our support team, that is what they are there for and are always happy to help :)

Thank you Kylie for your reply and you are correct as for what the "cam with me" graphics purpose is. We have found that many models are creating an item in their store for the custom image and then, adding the graphic to their personal website with a link back to the item in their iWantClips Store. Please let us know if you would like any additional information on this topic.

Thank you for bringing the lack of an FAQ on important new features to our attention. We have overlooked adding both of those items to the FAQ. I just added those to our development schedule and will get them as soon as possible. Do you have any other suggestions that we may have missed that should be in the FAQ?

Pay-To-View messaging is already setup in your account and ready to use! You may access your message center from your computer, tablet, or phone. There you will be able to attach virtually any file(s) clips, pics, and more and send the PTVM to one or many of your customers. You then set the price you would like to charge and then the customers must pay to view the message. A really cool feature of this system is you can shoot a quick clip right from your phone and also send it right from your phone!

Please let me know if you have any more questions or need any clarification, we are always here to help :)

Kind Regards,
Dave

I love how fast I got approved! I signed up at about 11:30 this morning, and got my approval email at 1:19. I'm eager to get home and start adding content.

I'm really diggin' IWC lately, I'm finally becoming more active on it after having a store open for a while and it's paying off. I love the messaging feature on the site, it's nice being able to say thanks and enjoy to a big order vs just learning their initials :)

Support is also super friendly/helpful, I chatted yesterday with a payout question and inquiring about how to become a featured studio and they even forwarded me an email that went out to members which I was featured in that I had never seen. Very cool!

I love how fast I got approved! I signed up at about 11:30 this morning, and got my approval email at 1:19. I'm eager to get home and start adding content.

I wish I could say the same.... I'm still waiting on approval on my end.

• Hugs
Reactions: SaffronBurke

We appreciate the great feedback!

We are continually improving the site please let us know if you have any suggestions.

Dave

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I'm really diggin' IWC lately, I'm finally becoming more active on it after having a store open for a while and it's paying off. I love the messaging feature on the site, it's nice being able to say thanks and enjoy to a big order vs just learning their initials :)

Support is also super friendly/helpful, I chatted yesterday with a payout question and inquiring about how to become a featured studio and they even forwarded me an email that went out to members which I was featured in that I had never seen. Very cool!

We are happy to hear that you are pleased! We try our best to give our stores, studios, and your customers the best user experience possible. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or improvements :)

Hello KatrinaVega

Hi KatrinaVega,

Our store support team just emailed you regarding your iWantClips Application status. Please let me know if you haven't received it within the next 5 minutes and I will have them resend it.

Thank you for your patience, we aim to get all applications approved within 24 hours. (usually much faster though)

Dave

Congratulations! You are approved and good to go.

Once you have published 5 items your store will go live to the public.

Please visit our tutorials tab in "my account" for tips and tricks to get started.

If you have any questions please visit our Store FAQ and if you have further questions or concerns please visit our Support Page and we will be glad to assist.

Tips for Success
Bring your entire content library with you using our FTP service
Publish content regularly
Update you Bio and Profile GIF/JPEG
Promote your new clips and store on twitter and attach a preview image
Include the @IWantClips twitter handle and iWantClips customer perk in each tweet
Add your iWantClips store link to your twitter page
Utilize the iWantClips tip widget, content widget, and custom clip widget and other promotional tools on your website
Promote iWantClips as your preferred clip site (you make the highest revenue share here)
Promote links to your store on blogs and other forums​

If you have any further questions please let me know,

Dave

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Ah, lovely! I'm glad to hear about good experiences. The more clip sites, the merrier! I have signed up and am awaiting approval.

Reactions: DrWangFei
Ah, lovely! I'm glad to hear about good experiences. The more clip sites, the merrier! I have signed up and am awaiting approval.

Hi Miqote!

Your store has been approved :)

Welcome to the iWantClips community and let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Reactions: Empress Mika
I just want to say that in the few days I've been on IWantClips I am $4 shy from making the same amount of money I've made on other clip sites that I've been on for a month. I'm still new to the clip world, coming from a caming back ground, but let me just say...

I LOVE THIS SITE! Haha :)

A few features I love:

• - Being able to personally thank the members who have bought content from me
  • - Keeping 70% from every clip! This is the highest I've seen models be able to keep in the clip world.
  • - Free direct deposit with $50 to receive the money with the option of weekly payments.
  • - Being able to advertise I'm a cam model and where to find me on my cam site and on social media (Twitter).
  • - The e-mail alerts when something sells AND ALSO a daily log of what sold that day - genius!
  • - The home page is fantastic in that it displays the newest clips, a simple search, and the latest updates. I love seeing my name on there for several hours before it is replaced with content from other models.
  • - So much more!

This being said, I have a few suggestions:

• - It'd be great if IWantClips could re-size the animated gif I upload for Twitter. I tested the auto-tweet feature and, although fantastic, it only displays a still image instead of the animated gif. Obviously, an animated gif is better than a still image to use to promote so I unfortunately can't use this feature. I will instead have to manually type in the link and such :(
  • - I'd love the option to be able to send a link to someone that has purchased the clip else where, such as on my caming site. This was a great feature that another clip site has but, unfortunately, they require sign ups so I ditched it. I realize this is a personal site choice and I can certainly live without this but.. yeah.
  • - Although the home page is fantastic, I fear that as more and more girls catch on to how great this site is, instead of my name being there several hours it might turn into only several minutes. I think it'd be best to think about a new and improved system when the site gets really popular.
  • - I don't understand how to be a featured shop on the home page? Would you elaborate on this?

Thank you :)

I just want to say that in the few days I've been on IWantClips I am $4 shy from making the same amount of money I've made on other clip sites that I've been on for a month. I'm still new to the clip world, coming from a caming back ground, but let me just say...

I LOVE THIS SITE! Haha :)

A few features I love:

• - Being able to personally thank the members who have bought content from me
  • - Keeping 70% from every clip! This is the highest I've seen models be able to keep in the clip world.
  • - Free direct deposit with $50 to receive the money with the option of weekly payments.
  • - Being able to advertise I'm a cam model and where to find me on my cam site and on social media (Twitter).
  • - The e-mail alerts when something sells AND ALSO a daily log of what sold that day - genius!
  • - The home page is fantastic in that it displays the newest clips, a simple search, and the latest updates. I love seeing my name on there for several hours before it is replaced with content from other models.
  • - So much more!

This being said, I have a few suggestions:

• - It'd be great if IWantClips could re-size the animated gif I upload for Twitter. I tested the auto-tweet feature and, although fantastic, it only displays a still image instead of the animated gif. Obviously, an animated gif is better than a still image to use to promote so I unfortunately can't use this feature. I will instead have to manually type in the link and such :(
  • - I'd love the option to be able to send a link to someone that has purchased the clip else where, such as on my caming site. This was a great feature that another clip site has but, unfortunately, they require sign ups so I ditched it. I realize this is a personal site choice and I can certainly live without this but.. yeah.
  • - Although the home page is fantastic, I fear that as more and more girls catch on to how great this site is, instead of my name being there several hours it might turn into only several minutes. I think it'd be best to think about a new and improved system when the site gets really popular.
  • - I don't understand how to be a featured shop on the home page? Would you elaborate on this?

Thank you :)

Hello Miqote,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words, we really appreciate it!!

We love suggestions, it makes our development tasks much easier to know exactly what our store operators and your customer want.

When using the auto-tweet feature you should be able to utilize animated GIFs and I have added this to our development schedule.

I was wondering if you could elaborate more on the:
"'id love the option to be able to send a link to someone that has purchased the clip else where, such as on my caming site. This was a great feature that another clip site has but, unfortunately, they require sign ups so I ditched it. I realize this is a personal site choice and I can certainly live without this but.. yeah."

I am not quite sure what feature you would like here, but I am interested to know more :)

We love that you noticed that we are growing and someday soon may out grow our homepage. We are working on a solution to that and we hope to discuss this more with you again in November ;)

Our recruiting / campaigns department manage the Featured Store Section. If you would like to email storesupport@iwantclips.com they will be able to assist you further with becoming featured.

I hope this helps and I look forward to discussing more with you soon.

Dave

I was wondering if you could elaborate more on the:
"'id love the option to be able to send a link to someone that has purchased the clip else where, such as on my caming site. This was a great feature that another clip site has but, unfortunately, they require sign ups so I ditched it. I realize this is a personal site choice and I can certainly live without this but.. yeah."
I am not quite sure what feature you would like here, but I am interested to know more :)

Thank you for your response @IWantClips ^_^ I look forward to the continued updates and improvements, especially the animated gifs on Twitter!

Perhaps it's better to describe what I'm talking about with the following example:

Member A from my caming site purchases a video from me through my caming site. For me to deliver the video to him, I would then send him a link to download the video from IWantClips. This member would download the video for free without having to sign up with IWantClips. There would be a unique link generated to ensure only that person had access.

At first glance, this might sound like a bad deal for IWantClips. However, it would be a lot of exposure and advertisement for IWantClips. Within the download page, the rest of my shop could be advertised along with perhaps a 10% off code for their first purchase through IWantClips (I saw one on Twitter) or whatever you'd like. That way, the member will remember this website if they ever wanted videos. It'd be highly targeted traffic because, in my experience, some guys just love to purchase videos.

Another clip site has this feature but requires the member to sign up in order to view and download the video. It's such a hassle to the members to have to sign up that no one ever uses this feature (models nor members). Therefore, we all use a different website to host our videos and to send the videos to our members that do not require a sign up (but it is not a clip site, it's more of a file host).

Anyway! It'd be amazing if IWantClips did this.

I hope this helps clarify what I'm talking about! Let me know if I should explain further.

Thanks, again!

Reactions: Gen and DrWangFei
Thank you for your response @IWantClips ^_^ I look forward to the continued updates and improvements, especially the animated gifs on Twitter!

Perhaps it's better to describe what I'm talking about with the following example:

Member A from my caming site purchases a video from me through my caming site. For me to deliver the video to him, I would then send him a link to download the video from IWantClips. This member would download the video for free without having to sign up with IWantClips. There would be a unique link generated to ensure only that person had access.

At first glance, this might sound like a bad deal for IWantClips. However, it would be a lot of exposure and advertisement for IWantClips. Within the download page, the rest of my shop could be advertised along with perhaps a 10% off code for their first purchase through IWantClips (I saw one on Twitter) or whatever you'd like. That way, the member will remember this website if they ever wanted videos. It'd be highly targeted traffic because, in my experience, some guys just love to purchase videos.

Another clip site has this feature but requires the member to sign up in order to view and download the video. It's such a hassle to the members to have to sign up that no one ever uses this feature (models nor members). Therefore, we all use a different website to host our videos and to send the videos to our members that do not require a sign up (but it is not a clip site, it's more of a file host).

Anyway! It'd be amazing if IWantClips did this.

I hope this helps clarify what I'm talking about! Let me know if I should explain further.

Thanks, again!

Hello Miqote,

Update: We tested the ability to attach a GIF for the clip preview image on twitter. It did function correctly, however the issue may be that it can only be a max size of 3MB. Most GIFs are larger than that so please try reducing the GIF size to meet that parameter. I look forward to hearing from you to see if this is working appropriately.

Thank you for explaining the scenario you were describing more in depth. I think we have a solution for you but, I think we should take the conversation off the forum. Could you please add iwc-supportteam on Skype, and just ask for Dave (specifically)?

I look forward to talking with you more soon about this and I am happy you are off to a great start on iWantClips!

Dave

I just want to add that I love this site, I really see the potential and am excited to be on this site.
I have a few questions:

1. Will you ever add a thing where we can add more than 1 clip at a time? I have a ton of clips and it would be awesome to que them at once and go up at several times.

2. How does one go about being a "Featured" store?

3. If I have an existing store but wanted to change the name of my store I don't see it in my account- is there a way you can add a thing where we could change our stores name ourselves and if I wanted to add a separate studio would I need to apply again or could you take my existing information and create a second store for me?

Hi,

First off, I love iwantclips. Your customer service is wonderful whenever I've needed anything, and I love all of the features! :)

One suggestion. I changed my store to a studio account a couple months ago so I could have 2 sub-stores. When I did this, the system made me use 3 separate email addresses. One for the studio, and one for each sub-store. Is there a way to change it so that I can use only one email address instead of 3?

Edit:
I just want to add that I love this site, I really see the potential and am excited to be on this site.
I have a few questions:

1. Will you ever add a thing where we can add more than 1 clip at a time? I have a ton of clips and it would be awesome to que them at once and go up at several times.

2. How does one go about being a "Featured" store?

3. If I have an existing store but wanted to change the name of my store I don't see it in my account- is there a way you can add a thing where we could change our stores name ourselves and if I wanted to add a separate studio would I need to apply again or could you take my existing information and create a second store for me?

@msbiancabaker For your question #1, you can queue clips for a later time or date with the "publish later" buttons at the bottom left hand side of the screen when you're adding a clip. It allows you to change the date and time.

Last edited:
Hi,

First off, I love iwantclips. Your customer service is wonderful whenever I've needed anything, and I love all of the features! :)

One suggestion. I changed my store to a studio account a couple months ago so I could have 2 sub-stores. When I did this, the system made me use 3 separate email addresses. One for the studio, and one for each sub-store. Is there a way to change it so that I can use only one email address instead of 3?

Edit:

@msbiancabaker For your question #1, you can queue clips for a later time or date with the "publish later" buttons at the bottom left hand side of the screen when you're adding a clip. It allows you to change the date and time.

Yes I know about that feature- I want to be able to add like 5 clips (or more) at once- like in one shot on the same page - If I could add like 10 clips on the same page w out waiting it would be amazing (I believe many vids you can do this and c4s u can as well where u can que a bunch of clips on the same page but put them at different dates)

Yes I know about that feature- I want to be able to add like 5 clips (or more) at once- like in one shot on the same page - If I could add like 10 clips on the same page w out waiting it would be amazing (I believe many vids you can do this and c4s u can as well where u can que a bunch of clips on the same page but put them at different dates)

Hello msbiancabaker and KylieJacobs,

Thank you for using the forum so that we may answer questions that others may have in the future :)

We greatly appreciate the kind words!

I have good news and bad news...

The good news is (this is an ACF exclusive) we do have a system very comparable to what you are describing on the development schedule.

The bad news is there are quite a few projects ahead of it. (Amazing projects you are going to love!!!, but quite a few) So I am not sure how soon we will see this system come to light. I am however excited that we get to bring more features and more of the ones you want :)

Tip/Tricks

If you would like to publish a lot of content at the same time please feel free to try out the system I use myself.

Before you go to sleep, use FTP (there is a FTP tutorial in the Tutorials tab) to upload a bulk amount of content. When you wake up in the morning you will have a great chunk of clips to work with. (Note: If you are using FileZilla make sure to check the Failed Transfers Tab in the bottom left corner to make sure there were no files that didn't upload fully. If there was make sure to change the filename before trying to upload them again)

Once you have a significant amount of files in your FTP account you can start publishing/publishing later fairly quickly using the "Choose FTP File" link below the [Upload Video:] section.

Open 3 or 4 different browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera) This way you can publish 3 or 4 clips at the same time, this greatly reduces the overall time it takes to complete the process. (Note: It is not recommended to browse iWantClips in the same browser you are uploading in.)

I hope this helps and look forward to discussing this further with you.

Dave

Hi,

Edit:

Hello KylieJacobs,

Sub-stores no longer require an email and you will be seeing less and less information required from sub-stores over the next couple weeks.

Are you receiving e-mail notifications at all 3 emails or just the studio email?

Is your studio e-mail the email you prefer to receive notification at? If not we can change that as the studio's email should be the only email receiving notifications.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Hello KylieJacobs,

Sub-stores no longer require an email and you will be seeing less and less information required from sub-stores over the next couple weeks.

Are you receiving e-mail notifications at all 3 emails or just the studio email?

Is your studio e-mail the email you prefer to receive notification at? If not we can change that as the studio's email should be the only email receiving notifications.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I would prefer to get all emails at my studio email address (kyliejacobs26).

I am still receiving emails at my other email addresses. Mainly the kyliejacobsx one.

I always get nervous doing this. On the signup page where it ask for my first/last name do I put the name that I'll be paid to, or my stage name? I signed up for another clip site and for some reason they listed my real name, so I just want to be sure here...

I always get nervous doing this. On the signup page where it ask for my first/last name do I put the name that I'll be paid to, or my stage name? I signed up for another clip site and for some reason they listed my real name, so I just want to be sure here...

Hello BraisleeAdams,

You are correct :) Please put your (payout) first and last name in those fields. Your stage name / store name will go in the field labeled (preferred store name).

Look forward to you joining the community!

Dave

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I would prefer to get all emails at my studio email address (kyliejacobs26).

I am still receiving emails at my other email addresses. Mainly the kyliejacobsx one.

Hello KylieJacobs,

I have added the removal of such information from the sub-store account information to our development schedule.

In the meantime I changed the emails in your sub-stores and you will no longer receive emails at those addresses.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.