AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The New Mutants Teaser

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2010
Hmm. I don't know how I feel about this. I like that they are combining the horror genre with superhero genre. I hope it is good.

It could be interesting. Technically, mutants are supernatural, so treating the emergence of mutant abilities in scared teens as a supernatural thriller is a nice take. It's a direction that all these Marvel comic movies haven't taken. I just wonder how much this is actually a horror movie, though, or if they're trying to market a tone that isn't as present. It almost feels like those parody videos, like the Scary Mary trailer for Mary Poppins.

I think it's great FOX is trying a different approaches with the mutant IP. Logan, Deadpool, both showed you can use these characters different ways just like the comic books do. I'm fine they are moving away from the Hollywood playbooks of 'origin story' first.

Frankly I hope Sony finally picks up on this trend and does something since they are the most rigid studio when it comes to 'paint by number' superhero movies.

Have never been a fan of "The New Mutants" comics. Nor, of horror movies. So, the premise of this really doesn't appeal to me. But, like most superhero movies, I'll probably watch it...

Not sure if I like the horror movie approach. But I will probably check it out. The Comic movies seem to be venturing farther and farther away from the original print Comic Book stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.