AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The number of users vs earnings.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2019
Venus
I am a newbie and I am somewhat confused please forgive if this is a constant question.

Does having a room full of spectators of all kinds including free chargers help to make more profits?

I feel that the best models are always in sight on the pages I mean when I enter chaturbate and see the main rooms my brain thinks that they are the ones who earn the most...

I await your comment and personal experience. it doesn't matter if you're not in chaturbate just count your thoughts please

I rarely have more than 100 people in my room and I make just as much sometimes more than the girls on the main page. In every room about 30% of your viewers will tip, the rest are just propping up the countertops so to speak.

My best advice is to never compare yourself, your room, your skills, or your services to other models. You aren't them and they aren't you. All of the girls on the main page, except for brand new cammers, have at least two years invested in the site.

Only you can determine if your show is successful enough to meet your needs and then go after the luxuries you desire.

Good luck!

I rarely have more than 100 people in my room and I make just as much sometimes more than the girls on the main page. In every room about 30% of your viewers will tip, the rest are just propping up the countertops so to speak.

My best advice is to never compare yourself, your room, your skills, or your services to other models. You aren't them and they aren't you. All of the girls on the main page, except for brand new cammers, have at least two years invested in the site.

Only you can determine if your show is successful enough to meet your needs and then go after the luxuries you desire.

Good luck!
thank you very much obviously I do not compare myself but being a new girl I am confused.

You're welcome. It's scary being new and it is confusing. Concentrate your attention on the people who are tipping you, not the people asking for free things. Never do anything in an act of desperation or they will continue to pray on you. Never negotiate your prices for your services. The people who admire and want to spenf time with you will change every single day but you will eventually find good regulars. Treat them well as long as they treat you well.

The more people in your room the more tips you usually make, but the reality is less than 10% of people who watch you will actually tip, and that number only gets lower the more viewers you have your room as the ratio of anons increases. As a result of this how much you actually make varies quite a bit because you are always relying on a small number of tippers, despite how many people are actually in your room.

Last edited:
I agree with what’s already been said here :) . From experience I’ve had times when I’ve had a larger audience and not done as well, or I’ve had radio silence which is pretty eerie! Over time you’ll probably experience it all but you’ll notice the same tippers coming back to see you and you can focus on these people :). High viewer count doesn’t equal high profits always x

You're welcome. It's scary being new and it is confusing. Concentrate your attention on the people who are tipping you, not the people asking for free things. Never do anything in an act of desperation or they will continue to pray on you. Never negotiate your prices for your services. The people who admire and want to spenf time with you will change every single day but you will eventually find good regulars. Treat them well as long as they treat you well.

As a member, I have to agree with @charleigh_ as well as much of what others have said. The bold above is how I look at it. Respect towards each other, neither attempting to take advantage of the other. It's a two way street.

Reactions: Ivyspencer
Almost all of my regular tippers "found" me when I had more viewers in my room. They didn't necessarily tip me when I had 200-300 viewers but stayed around when my room got smaller and continued to tip. I made most total tokens with the "new" badge and about 2,000 viewers in my room.

My earnings did not go down proportionally when my room got smaller. The regulars I made with a fuller room kept me afloat.

A bigger room makes it more likely that a tipper will find your room among the thousands of cb rooms.

Here’s the full picture:

New viewers to the site and heavy lurkers who only come to fap tend to always stay in the homepage on the first couple of rows. This is a massive group and they don’t tip so when you have 2000+ viewers this group is a big portion of that number. Now...a tiny portion of the new viewers to the site will convert into members and an even smaller portion will become heavy tippers normally picking and becoming good regulars to one of the models in the top rows. This is by far the best type of member as you get him all to yourself and he will learn your preferences and style very easily, he doesn’t come jaded or with expectations learned from other rooms and months or years tipping around. You won’t ever see this type of member in pages 2+. By the time a member discovers pagination he has already fallen into a pattern or group. This is a big miss for less popular models.

Now.. here comes the upside to less popular rooms: while you don’t get the fresh new members you do know that anybody that clicks and enters your room is actually interested in you and likes you for a specific reason. Members who browse other pages are looking for something specific that they couldn’t find on the main page. They are looking for a specific look, or vibe, or action and they clicked in your thumbnail out of 100s of others while models in the first rows get a HUGE influx of people who might not even like them they are simply there to see what is up because she is there. So small rooms, the viewers have already preselected you and are more likely to tip you because you are special and unique to them. Models on the top of the homepage have a harder time figuring out if anyone likes them or if they are there simply as onlookers. Sometimes a member who has been simply an anonymous viewer or a basic for years will find a model in page 7 who is his dream girl and because her room is small he feels like the effort that will take him for her to notice him is in his reach he will buy tokens and become a loyal regular of hers.

This is why, like someone said up there.. the more viewers you have the bigger the gap becomes between the number of people watching vs the people who actually tip. Having a small room doesn’t necessarily mean you will make less. It is just a smaller window of opportunity for meeting new members and the strategy changes from one focused on enticing many to tip little into a strategy of catering to a handful of heavy hitters. It’s 2 different games, is all

This is sooo helpful! I’m also new and get discouraged when I see people with 10,000 viewers.
When I have good nights (I’m new and haven’t ever made more than 600 tokens on one night) it is mostly a few of my regulars that tip me. I like to talk a bit with the people in there and get to know them a bit as well.

Just keep at it!

Ps: also good to know that the people on the front page are veteran models.

Reactions: avemaria_
@Mila_

I always have to bite my tongue when a guy comes in and says "wow [blah blah blah compliment] I've never seen YOU before".

"Well, it's probably your first time exploring the site." I think pagination on CB today is mich better than the way it used to be where viewer count was the driving factor for placement.

@ everyone else

I personally don't want the young guys on cb in my room. I prefer older, settled, married men to interact with as our lives are pretty similar. I'm almost 40, I'm not bouncing around the room like an 18 year old does. Nor do I participate in social media and I don't do hardcore shows, ever.

All of these things factor into who clicks on my room and who stays. The lazier I am on cam the less I make. I know this. Sometimes I'm okay with it. I've found that constant reminders to tip drive people away, complaining drives people away.

There's one model in particular who seems to do nothing but bully and cry her way into tips and another who sits there, shows nothing, clears 2 really high token value keno boards in one show then does a quick hidden cam show and she's off for the day.

There are also days where the aforementioned keno queen doesn't hit anywhere near her goal. Her keno board is nothing but videos.

Success is however you define it but the one thing all successful models have in common -- male, female, trans, couples -- is good money management. You have to be able to budget and know what it costs to run your life on a daily basis. For me that number is $150USD. My bare minimum daily token goal is 3000 tokens. Anything I make over that is considered savings. It may help make up for the night I make 5 dollars.

I have a savings account, a checking account, and an "out of sight, out of mind" account that gets monthly deposits that I don't keep track of until I absolutely need it.

I hope this helps you all. You will go through a million different show configurations before you find one that suits you and the community you desire. I run a lush menu, a straight tip action menu, and a slots game where prizes are random.

Also, a lot of us have custom applications designed just for our shows, explore apps a little further than just picking one and going for it. If you need help, ask here.

Also, I refuse to pay moderators or utilize them in anyway. For me, they destroyed my room by promising things I was never offering or pushing me to offer them. That choice is up to you.

@Mila_

I always have to bite my tongue when a guy comes in and says "wow [blah blah blah compliment] I've never seen YOU before".

"Well, it's probably your first time exploring the site." I think pagination on CB today is mich better than the way it used to be where viewer count was the driving factor for placement.

@ everyone else

I personally don't want the young guys on cb in my room. I prefer older, settled, married men to interact with as our lives are pretty similar. I'm almost 40, I'm not bouncing around the room like an 18 year old does. Nor do I participate in social media and I don't do hardcore shows, ever.

All of these things factor into who clicks on my room and who stays. The lazier I am on cam the less I make. I know this. Sometimes I'm okay with it. I've found that constant reminders to tip drive people away, complaining drives people away.

There's one model in particular who seems to do nothing but bully and cry her way into tips and another who sits there, shows nothing, clears 2 really high token value keno boards in one show then does a quick hidden cam show and she's off for the day.

There are also days where the aforementioned keno queen doesn't hit anywhere near her goal. Her keno board is nothing but videos.

Success is however you define it but the one thing all successful models have in common -- male, female, trans, couples -- is good money management. You have to be able to budget and know what it costs to run your life on a daily basis. For me that number is $150USD. My bare minimum daily token goal is 3000 tokens. Anything I make over that is considered savings. It may help make up for the night I make 5 dollars.

I have a savings account, a checking account, and an "out of sight, out of mind" account that gets monthly deposits that I don't keep track of until I absolutely need it.

I hope this helps you all. You will go through a million different show configurations before you find one that suits you and the community you desire. I run a lush menu, a straight tip action menu, and a slots game where prizes are random.

Also, a lot of us have custom applications designed just for our shows, explore apps a little further than just picking one and going for it. If you need help, ask here.

Also, I refuse to pay moderators or utilize them in anyway. For me, they destroyed my room by promising things I was never offering or pushing me to offer them. That choice is up to you.
I’m new but have had a few strange experiences with moderators. It felt like they were doing it to get lots of free shows?
I’m 42 and the older men and women that come into my room are chatty but respectful and will help a bit; a few regular tippers.

@Mila_

@ everyone else

all this is so important, thank you very much, I really know that everyone on the first page is people who have been in the business a lot .

@Flowers4freddie

I've never seen a valuable moderator that consistently purchased tokens and any time I see a mod laying down huge tips I'm always inclined to believe they became verified and the model reserves a set amount of tokens to tip out to him that he must tip back to her.

Especially if the mod has a password set for their room.

I’m new but have had a few strange experiences with moderators. It felt like they were doing it to get lots of free shows?
I’m 42 and the older men and women that come into my room are chatty but respectful and will help a bit; a few regular tippers.
My advice with mods is never mod anyone who asks. If you find at some point you need one, just pick a regular who seems to carry themselves well and ask them if they can help out.

Also, I hope to get to a minimum goal of 3000 tokens some day ! Awesomeness. ❤❤

Oh you will, once you get all your set up kinks worked out and feel comfortable and totally in control. :h::h:

I have complete faith in all of you! Now get your butts on cam! As new people you need to put in as much time as you possibly can. Even if it's 7 broadcasts in a day that last an hour each. Get your show out there.

Reactions: Flowers4freddie
Here’s the full picture:

New viewers to the site and heavy lurkers who only come to fap tend to always stay in the homepage on the first couple of rows. This is a massive group and they don’t tip so when you have 2000+ viewers this group is a big portion of that number. Now...a tiny portion of the new viewers to the site will convert into members and an even smaller portion will become heavy tippers normally picking and becoming good regulars to one of the models in the top rows. This is by far the best type of member as you get him all to yourself and he will learn your preferences and style very easily, he doesn’t come jaded or with expectations learned from other rooms and months or years tipping around. You won’t ever see this type of member in pages 2+. By the time a member discovers pagination he has already fallen into a pattern or group. This is a big miss for less popular models.

Now.. here comes the upside to less popular rooms: while you don’t get the fresh new members you do know that anybody that clicks and enters your room is actually interested in you and likes you for a specific reason. Members who browse other pages are looking for something specific that they couldn’t find on the main page. They are looking for a specific look, or vibe, or action and they clicked in your thumbnail out of 100s of others while models in the first rows get a HUGE influx of people who might not even like them they are simply there to see what is up because she is there. So small rooms, the viewers have already preselected you and are more likely to tip you because you are special and unique to them. Models on the top of the homepage have a harder time figuring out if anyone likes them or if they are there simply as onlookers. Sometimes a member who has been simply an anonymous viewer or a basic for years will find a model in page 7 who is his dream girl and because her room is small he feels like the effort that will take him for her to notice him is in his reach he will buy tokens and become a loyal regular of hers.

This is why, like someone said up there.. the more viewers you have the bigger the gap becomes between the number of people watching vs the people who actually tip. Having a small room doesn’t necessarily mean you will make less. It is just a smaller window of opportunity for meeting new members and the strategy changes from one focused on enticing many to tip little into a strategy of catering to a handful of heavy hitters. It’s 2 different games, is all
Is your profile picture dress gorgeous, or is it a blouse? thanks for your information

Geez, who put $25 inside of me today! I can't stop posting.

Don't ever forget that the money being spent on you is fun money for the person spending. The more fun you return per token the more they're willing to invest. While someone may tip you $25 in a night, they may also go elsewhere for their own personal finale. You cannot take this personally.

I only allow men to enter the room and have found that though they think women are the most pickiest of creatures on earth, when it comes to prying tokens out of their hands they are more selective than we could ever hope to be.

Hashtags are super important, too. Oh! And if you do flashes of any kind, hold that flash/pose for at least 30 to 45 seconds so it ends up as your thumbnail. It really, really helps.

Reactions: Flowers4freddie
All of the girls on the main page, except for brand new cammers, have at least two years invested in the site.
I disagree with this.

About rooms with 10 000 viewers: I don't have much of a clue on this topic but it seems to me that a lot of those top row rooms use bot traffic. I'm obviously not talking about established, entertaining models but mostly about russian studio girls who are quite boring in my opinion and don't do anything that warrants these large viewer counts.

It's harder than ever to show up on page 1 but it's not impossible. You just gotta be entertaining AF to keep people watching.

Also, these bot traffic rooms rarely make good money and a high viewer count doesn't equal high earnings.

Reactions: Brit
I disagree with this.

About rooms with 10 000 viewers: I don't have much of a clue on this topic but it seems to me that a lot of those top row rooms use bot traffic. I'm obviously not talking about established, entertaining models but mostly about russian studio girls who are quite boring in my opinion and don't do anything that warrants these large viewer counts.

It's harder than ever to show up on page 1 but it's not impossible. You just gotta be entertaining AF to keep people watching.

Also, these bot traffic rooms rarely make good money and a high viewer count doesn't equal high earnings.

How long have you been on CB?

@charleigh_ I've only been camming for less than 2 months and somehow frequently end up on the first page. I've never checked this myself as I have my region blocked, but others have told me. Mira has had the same experience.

Reactions: mira_leo
Ya new people will be on the front page but only for a certain amount of time .

When I log on and I'm not entertaining (i.e. just sitting there, not smiling, not talking), I'll have around 100 people in my room after an hour and I won't gain any new followers.

When I log on and I dance, smile, tease and have fun myself I will eventually end up with at least 600 viewers and somewhere on the first page.

A lot of people will go into your room but they will leave if you're boring. Your task is to make them stay to get higher placement.

Actually eliciting tips is a whole other topic.

Exactly, Freddie.

As someone who has been on CB for six years consistently, I know who is who and how long they've been around.

Your "new" bloom will fade and you're going to learn the real side of camming soon enough. It happens to everyone. The girls with close to a million followers? We all signed up the same year.

They went all in and I chose to hang back. I didn't want that level of attention.

So what you newbies don't know is some of these girls are so successful at selling videos, have tons of affiliate money rolling in plus sales of merchandise and Snapchat that actual token hauls don't mean that much any more. If you aspire to get to that level, you will.

By the way, some models are successful because they look forever young and only because of that. There is room for everyone. To say they haven't earned their spot on main is rude and disengenious.

As someone who has been on CB for six years consistently, I know who is who and how long they've been around.

Your "new" bloom will fade and you're going to learn the real side of camming soon enough. It happens to everyone.
That's fair enough. I'm fully aware that I may become "boring" to people over time. I wonder if CB gives some sort of "bonus" to models who don't have the "new" tag, but are still somewhat new. Like, does their algorithm take x months of broadcasting into account and they slowly stop "promoting" people over x amount of time. If that makes sense.

By the way, some models are successful because they look forever young and only because of that. There is room for everyone. To say they haven't earned their spot on main is rude and disengenious.
First of all, I think it's rude to assume that the only reason why some models are successful over long periods of time is because they kept their youthful features. Personality accounts for a hell of a lot. Secondly, where did anyone say that someone hasn't earned their spot?

Reactions: mira_leo
Status
Not open for further replies.