AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The number of users vs earnings.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough. I'm fully aware that I may become "boring" to people over time. I wonder if CB gives some sort of "bonus" to models who don't have the "new" tag, but are still somewhat new. Like, does their algorithm take x months of broadcasting into account and they slowly stop "promoting" people over x amount of time. If that makes sense.

First of all, I think it's rude to assume that the only reason why some models are successful over long periods of time is because they kept their youthful features. Personality accounts for a hell of a lot. Secondly, where did anyone say that someone hasn't earned their spot?

Mira did. If you think it's rude to think men are attracted to a young, pretty girl and will continue to support her because she gives them attention then you don't know very much about old men with a lot of money.

Mira stated in an above post she feels the "boring Eastern European" models don't deserve high viewer counts.

If I'm not mistaken, fake traffic will get you banned.

There are a high number of viewers who may have never turned their sound on and have no idea what you sound like and just tip because they like the way you look or like your tip menu and it has nothing to do with your personality and interests.

There are others who want to know everything about you.

There are those who want to see a pretty, subservient girl no opinions do as the tipper pleases.

As far as CB relegating people to lesser pages, it's a possibility but no one has ever been able to prove it.

I do agree with Mira that you have to entertaining and engaging at all times. The cool thing about CB is what is boring for one person is super exciting for another. There's an old saying I'm reminded of -- "There's no accounting for taste." Or, one man's nightmare is another man's dream.

Where did she say that?

I think that it's rude to assume that personality doesn't matter and only youthful looks do.

Now you're attempting to insult me.

If you choose to be offended, I can't stop you. You found my opinion rude and stated as such. I rebutted.

I mean, you're on these forums. You've seen the same threads that we all have discussing the use of bots. A super special agent (cough cough @dark_mermaid ) even spent the time to pull users from different top rooms and found similarities between the "users" and even found overlapping names. In addition, there was a thread here recently where the op was offering their placement services for a fee. Sure, one could argue that theoretically these models deserve the high room count as they (rather, their studios) paid for them. Is this your argument?

One cannot choose how they feel. They can choose what feelings they lean into, if that makes sense. People should take care with words they say to others as you never know what that person has been through and/or is going through in their life.

Special agent lol. In all fairness, credit for that actually goes to some users of this forum that were my eye openers. Without them I would still call this all a conspiracy like I actually really did here in this forum not even so long ago.

I mean, you're on these forums. You've seen the same threads that we all have discussing the use of bots. A super special agent (cough cough @dark_mermaid ) even spent the time to pull users from different top rooms and found similarities between the "users" and even found overlapping names. In addition, there was a thread here recently where the op was offering their placement services for a fee. Sure, one could argue that theoretically these models deserve the high room count as they (rather, their studios) paid for them. Is this your argument?

One cannot choose how they feel. They can choose what feelings they lean into, if that makes sense. People should take care with words they say to others as you never know what that person has been through and/or is going through in their life.

This is where I feel things start to break down because without IP data you can't prove anything. I was in a room about six months ago and there were six dark purple names with a one letter variation in the user names but otherwise the same name. Is it bot traffic? Or is it one guy with six different methods of payment? One of my most loyal fans has nine different screen names I have to keep track of, another has 4 names.

If a room has 8000 anon users...I'd probably report that but I have given up trying to police other rooms and worrying about their viewership. Regardless of the outcome, it is what it is and focusing on someone gaming the system isn't going to change what I need to accomplish.

Questioning how much life experience you have is not unkind or untoward when someone with 6 years of experience in the industry finds put ypu have less than a year in, perhaps two years from now you'll reread this thread with more experience and see that what I said was not rude at all.

By the way, some models are successful because they look forever young and only because of that. There is room for everyone.

There's a ton of absolutely beautiful girls in this industry who struggle despite their looks. Yeah, your likelihood of being successful increases if you are conventionally attractive and young looking, but that doesn't guarantee your success. When there's tons of gorgeous models online at any given time just being good looking isn't going to keep people tipping. You may get some random one time tips based off your looks, but being entertaining or having some kind of hook to reel people in is what is going to keep people tipping. It's wild to try to undermine someone's success by saying they only got it because of the way they look and acting like they haven't put in just as much, if not more, work just like the rest of the models out there.

About rooms with 10 000 viewers: I don't have much of a clue on this topic but it seems to me that a lot of those top row rooms use bot traffic. I'm obviously not talking about established, entertaining models but mostly about russian studio girls who are quite boring in my opinion and don't do anything that warrants these large viewer counts.

My comment about girls being successful simply because they are pretty is in direct response to Mira's quote which I have bolded. If my instinct is correct I know the specific room she has in mind. This cammer looks like she couldn't be a day older than 18 and has since she started broadcasting. She's always on the main page and she's always doing the same thing with the same headline "when I feel good enough I'll....", she overreacts to her lush tips and never says a word to anyone in her room.

As cammers willing to offer an interactive show, we find this to be boring. It doesn't make any sense to us why anyone would spend a single moment in her room, let alone tip her. Right? This is the vibe I'm getting from the comments, at least.

I signed up with Chaturbate in 2013. The site had just hit mainstream status and the camming pool was much smaller. Today there are 25+ pages of models and exhibitionists to choose from. When I started there were about 6 pages of cams to choose from both verified and unverified combined. The community was much more chat oriented and shows were deemed exotic and tips flew like wildfire. Everyone got more than their fair share back then. The models with close to a million followers are a part of that original community on here. I remember it well and miss it, quite honestly. Anyway...

In 2013 there was a Romanian model with gorgeous dark brown eyes and long brown hair and a body that could stop traffic. She sat in a comfy overstuffed armchair, with her hair pulled up, wearing high end jewelry, high end clothing, and at best she might clear her throat or run her fingers over her hair or collarbones. She was the highest earning model on the site for the longest time and would often earn 75,000 tokens in a single day. You rarely saw her type and most of the time she was giving all of her attention to her phone. Her original tippers are still on this site as fan club members in other rooms and some are moderators as well. The rooms the moved to? Are exactly like her's. It's unexplainable but it doesn't mean it's a scam. She was that lovely to look at that people paid for the privilege to stare at her.

I have guys come in and ask for me to stand perfectly still with a body part of their choice posed for the camera. If I could stand that way all night and they had the money for it that would be all I'd do that night.

What I am trying to communicate to you is that you have no idea what drives someone to tip the way they do unless they explicitly state it to you. Even then it might be a lie. It is better to concentrate on learning why someone tips YOU than it is to find out why someone is tipping elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: avemaria_
My comment about girls being successful simply because they are pretty is in direct response to Mira's quote which I have bolded. If my instinct is correct I know the specific room she has in mind. This cammer looks like she couldn't be a day older than 18 and has since she started broadcasting. She's always on the main page and she's always doing the same thing with the same headline "when I feel good enough I'll....", she overreacts to her lush tips and never says a word to anyone in her room.

I wasn't even talking about her lol. I can't even watch her because of geoblock haha. I've seen the thread about her on ACF and I would never critizise her hustle.

I was specifically talking about 2 models but it honestly doesn't matter.

Thank you very much for your insight. I resonate especially with your last paragraph.

Here’s the full picture:

New viewers to the site and heavy lurkers who only come to fap tend to always stay in the homepage on the first couple of rows. This is a massive group and they don’t tip so when you have 2000+ viewers this group is a big portion of that number. Now...a tiny portion of the new viewers to the site will convert into members and an even smaller portion will become heavy tippers normally picking and becoming good regulars to one of the models in the top rows. This is by far the best type of member as you get him all to yourself and he will learn your preferences and style very easily, he doesn’t come jaded or with expectations learned from other rooms and months or years tipping around. You won’t ever see this type of member in pages 2+. By the time a member discovers pagination he has already fallen into a pattern or group. This is a big miss for less popular models.

Now.. here comes the upside to less popular rooms: while you don’t get the fresh new members you do know that anybody that clicks and enters your room is actually interested in you and likes you for a specific reason. Members who browse other pages are looking for something specific that they couldn’t find on the main page. They are looking for a specific look, or vibe, or action and they clicked in your thumbnail out of 100s of others while models in the first rows get a HUGE influx of people who might not even like them they are simply there to see what is up because she is there. So small rooms, the viewers have already preselected you and are more likely to tip you because you are special and unique to them. Models on the top of the homepage have a harder time figuring out if anyone likes them or if they are there simply as onlookers. Sometimes a member who has been simply an anonymous viewer or a basic for years will find a model in page 7 who is his dream girl and because her room is small he feels like the effort that will take him for her to notice him is in his reach he will buy tokens and become a loyal regular of hers.

This is why, like someone said up there.. the more viewers you have the bigger the gap becomes between the number of people watching vs the people who actually tip. Having a small room doesn’t necessarily mean you will make less. It is just a smaller window of opportunity for meeting new members and the strategy changes from one focused on enticing many to tip little into a strategy of catering to a handful of heavy hitters. It’s 2 different games, is all
Very well said Mila_
Your reply is so knowledgeable!

I wasn't even talking about her lol. I can't even watch her because of geoblock haha. I've seen the thread about her on ACF and I would never critizise her hustle.

I was specifically talking about 2 models but it honestly doesn't matter.

Thank you very much for your insight. I resonate especially with your last paragraph.

I'm happy to help. Thanks for reading the wall of text. I assumed it was her as she catches the most criticism. Hell, if I could pull off what she does I certainly would.

Status
Not open for further replies.