AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The PM - if ingore as a viewer does it upset the Model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2020
The PM at MFC and CB - if I as a viewer ignore it does the model get upset? I'm still tipping etc - but not going to connect =) I got into too much PM and while a connection to the model is nice I am sure all the back tattoo posts on here started off with the PM and it can grow from there =) The ones with too much PM - now I do general chat and they comment sometimes why I won't answer the PM but I not reply =) Not saying anything wrong with the PM - am sure it increases tips. I even changed my username to be only light color blue on CB in hopes not as many PM but even that color gets them =) For me - am there to see the show and even after tipped if I ignored the first PM - another one will follow - again ignored. I might type something like so sexy in the general chat after tip etc. So far have had only 1 model get on me about it - said something like - going to talk this time or no? again I ignored - didn't get kicked so I guess its all good but ?

The PM at MFC and CB - if I as a viewer ignore it does the model get upset? I'm still tipping etc - but not going to connect =) I got into too much PM and while a connection to the model is nice I am sure all the back tattoo posts on here started off with the PM and it can grow from there =) The ones with too much PM - now I do general chat and they comment sometimes why I won't answer the PM but I not reply =) Not saying anything wrong with the PM - am sure it increases tips. I even changed my username to be only light color blue on CB in hopes not as many PM but even that color gets them =) For me - am there to see the show and even after tipped if I ignored the first PM - another one will follow - again ignored. I might type something like so sexy in the general chat after tip etc. So far have had only 1 model get on me about it - said something like - going to talk this time or no? again I ignored - didn't get kicked so I guess its all good but ?

Just tell them u dont like pms?

You're overthinking it.

If you're on MFC, go into your personal options and uncheck the boxes for allowing PM's from friends, models, bookmarks, basics, etc. I only allow PM's from friends and bookmarked models.

Not sure how to do it on CB though.

Probably depends on the model. I’ve been called out for not answering PMs before, but never in an angry way. Always good-natured.

Reactions: Herein2020
So far have had only 1 model get on me about it - said something like - going to talk this time or no? again I ignored - didn't get kicked so I guess its all good but ?
Well if you PMed a model for quite a while and then suddenly went mum, I can kinda understand you were asked why. At least tell her no, or something. Maybe she is just enjoying your PMs? You'll never know.

I've had really long PM conversations running with models (on SC, via their offline messaging), but one of the models ended up confusing me with someone else on a regular basis. I can only imagine the volume of PMs some models get, so I just quit answering her and heard nothing further. Another one nicknamed me "Penpal" because we exchanged so many messages, but that too eventually faded out. When you're done, you're done.

Then you have the incessant model spamming on SC, and boy do some models become annoyed when you ignore their "bb" and "honey" and "sweetie". But that's something else, I guess. I just never could get myself to block them 😬

Well if you PMed a model for quite a while and then suddenly went mum, I can kinda understand you were asked why. At least tell her no, or something. Maybe she is just enjoying your PMs? You'll never know.

I've had really long PM conversations running with models (on SC, via their offline messaging), but one of the models ended up confusing me with someone else on a regular basis. I can only imagine the volume of PMs some models get, so I just quit answering her and heard nothing further. Another one nicknamed me "Penpal" because we exchanged so many messages, but that too eventually faded out. When you're done, you're done.

Then you have the incessant model spamming on SC, and boy do some models become annoyed when you ignore their "bb" and "honey" and "sweetie". But that's something else, I guess. I just never could get myself to block them 😬

SC as in Snapchat or Stripchat? If it's offline communication, I view that as their time off and really limit any kind of messaging I have with them because want to respect their offline time. I'm sure they get all kinds of messages from various people, and I try to limit that so as to not be a nuisance. Some have said they don't mind with me, and aside from a few back and forths, I still generally limit it out of respect to both of us since I don't always have the time to chat.

But, be aware that the vast majority of it is tip related. If you stop visiting them, or don't tip, don't expect it to last. When I took a break from MFC for a couple of months, only a couple of them kept in contact on a regular basis. Guess who gets the majority of my visits now? The model I tipped the most previously isn't one of them. In fact, she was the first one to cut contact and treated me very cold when I messaged her a couple of times. I expected it to happen with most. But, not with her, I had thought we had more of a friendship than just transactional based. Guess I was wrong. Live 'n learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
But, be aware of is that the vast majority of it is tip related. If you stop visiting them, or don't tip, don't expect it to last. When I took a break from MFC for a couple of months, only a couple of them kept in contact on a regular basis. Guess who gets the majority of my visits now? The model I tipped the most previously isn't one of them. In fact, she was the first one to cut contact and treated me very cold when I messaged her a couple of times. I expected it to happen with most. But, not with her, I had thought we had more of a friendship than just transactional based. Guess I was wrong. Live 'n learn.

I tested that theory before. Got burned by it, but whatever we're just human. Now I don't keep in contact with any broadcaster outside of the 'rooms'. The only people I keep outside contact with are other fellow viewers. :)

SC like in StripChat. You can tip models in offline messages there (which I did), but the ones I kept long conversations with always replied around the time they were online anyway. Except for the one who called me PenPal. Guess we both got carried away for a little while.

I tested that theory before. Got burned by it, but whatever we're just human. Now I don't keep in contact with any broadcaster outside of the 'rooms'. The only people I keep outside contact with are other fellow viewers. :)

That's interesting, I only had contact info for one other member who was local to me. We tried to meet up a couple of times for beers but never worked out. Sometimes I interact with a couple on Twitter. But, that's really rare for me to post there.

That's interesting, I only had contact for one other member who was local to me. We tried to meet up a couple of times for beers but never worked out.

It's interesting chatting with others like ourselves and hearing their stories of how and why they chose to be a part of the cam world.
It's also interesting chatting with people from all over the world about anything and everything and not just revolving around the cam world in general. And oddly enough the cam world being the start of those online friendships.
Just like people who meet on gaming sites like Steam and similar.

It's interesting chatting with others like ourselves and hearing their stories of how and why they chose to be a part of the cam world.
It's also interesting chatting with people from all over the world about anything and everything and not just revolving around the cam world in general. And oddly enough the cam world being the start of those online friendships.
Just like people who meet on gaming sites like Steam and similar.

I do that with vanilla communities I'm involved with, and have had offline friendships with many people going back almost twenty years or more. Have also met a number of them in person, so it's cool to put a face to a name.

For some reason, has never happened with the cam world. Then again, I'm not really complaining since the communication stays mostly in chat and everyone goes their own ways when the model signs off.

I do that with vanilla communities I'm involved with, and have had offline friendships with many people going back almost twenty years or more. Have also met a number of them in person, so it's cool to put a face to a name.

For some reason, has never happened with the cam world. Then again, I'm not really complaining since the communication stays mostly in chat and everyone goes their own ways when the model signs off.
This is great - first off - enjoyed your share about the model went cold. I had a model recently got mad wouldn't do the PM and I was sticking to general chat - she started to ask me in PM what business do you have etc and I just backed off - sharing zero about where and what I do - no contact other than on camsite AND now I don't even do the PM as I have been down that road and that connection got to me - monetarily and also in back tatooish ways. So I quit talking to the model - if model doesn't like I not PM then I'm okay with it - moved on - not there to cause her grief OR affect how she does her business as I think PM is a big part of how she gets $$$. And I get it - if its all PM then each guy thinks he is special - thus the connection and the bigger spending and other offline add ons like whatsapp and Instagram etc. If we all in general chat would be like - wow - she has a lot of guys that are close to her hahahah Lose the specialness then. Next - the other viewers - is amazing the same people I meet in the rooms - guess our tastes run to the same girls and we both tipping so we recognize each other - to the point where say HI in chat hahaha. I was thinking after - wish I new thier follower list as is probably some gals I'd like to watch hahaha. Cheers eh!

There are plenty of models who have no desire to PM. I'm one of them. I'll PM a regular if I need to ask them something outside of the public chat, I'll PM with someone to talk about a pvt they want to do, and if someone tips me throughout the conversation specifically to PM them, I'll respond, but that's it. I strongly dislike PMs, and if you don't like them either, find models who match your preferences.

There are so many models out there that if one is going to get annoyed that you don't want to PM her, go out and find another one that better suits your preferences.

There are plenty of models who have no desire to PM. I'm one of them. I'll PM a regular if I need to ask them something outside of the public chat, I'll PM with someone to talk about a pvt they want to do, and if someone tips me throughout the conversation specifically to PM them, I'll respond, but that's it. I strongly dislike PMs, and if you don't like them either, find models who match your preferences.

There are so many models out there that if one is going to get annoyed that you don't want to PM her, go out and find another one that better suits your preferences.
I’m also very anti-PM 🙋‍♀️
Won’t PM anyone unless something extraordinary happens and if someone PMs me it better be important or I will likely not answer

OP wanted to know if ignoring a PM from a model was somehow rude, and in the cases of @veggiebabyy and @Mila_ the answer is technically yes; it would be pretty rude to ignore their annual PM 😅
As for models not bothering with PMs, members will discover soon enough if they're up for it (or can be arsed with translators). I'm with @veggiebabyy here; find your bliss elsewhere if they don't match your style (or whatever). Just be nice about it.

Yes a little bit but it rarely annoys them enough to get kicked but if they are sorting viewers by token count and you have the most tokens but not tipping and they are having a bad day your odds of getting kicked increase by at least 20% :giggle:

If you are tipping and the model calls you out on it like: hey Herein2020 I sent you a PM and you still ignore it then yeah it will annoy some models at least a little bit but I don't think its likely you'll upset them enough to be kicked.

Generally I ignore, unless I want something specific, am in the mood for conversation with this model, or know the model well. I figure ignoring the PM is a way out of the conversation that wastes the least amount of time for both of us.

I don't expect models to have any emotions about it. If they're PM'ing me without a prior relationship they are likely doing it to everyone else in their room, or other random people around the site. I'm just another username--they have reason to be emotionally attached to my response.

Same here. I've been long enough in this forum to know that models don't like pm's so don't do them (unless it's to discuss private or custom). It's actually the model who pm's me most of the time. Sometimes even from models I've never visited or only once. I usually ignore those.

What a curious observation.

Most of the models on the forum have stated that they aren't a PM fans (neither am I as a model).
Yet members come here and complain about being PMd.

The question is...
Who are those models who PM users on their own?

Same here. I've been long enough in this forum to know that models don't like pm's so don't do them (unless it's to discuss private or custom).
It's not a golden rule, and there are cultural, personal and mechanical differences at play here, on both sides of the cam. It's like in the song; if you never try you'll never know. Personally, I ended up hanging out and spending a lot of money on models that were as chatty as me and loved to PM. But that's no golden rule either.

The question is...
On CB and StripChat it's a thing. If you come to certain rooms with few users, you're almost bound to get a "hi bb" PM from the model. I always thought of it as just simple marketing, to pull you in, but I also had some pretty funny conversations because of that. It love these interactions, but they are rare.

On CB and StripChat it's a thing. If you come to certain rooms with few users, you're almost bound to get a "hi bb" PM from the model. I always thought of it as just simple marketing, to pull you in, but I also had some pretty funny conversations because of that. It love these interactions, but they are rare.
I'm on CB and my room is pretty small (which is fine and logical since I'm a private based model).
I've never PMd anyone on my own and I don't respond to PMs coming from CB supporters if they didn't care to check my bio and find out there's a price for this kind of thing in my room.

I believe that's a bad business strategy.
You (as a model) seem bored (at best) and desperate (at worst) to members.

Boredom and desperation are such a turn-offs.

Maybe it helps some models to make a quick buck but I really don't think this sort of behavior brings them something but problems in the long run.

Same here. I've been long enough in this forum to know that models don't like pm's so don't do them (unless it's to discuss private or custom). It's actually the model who pm's me most of the time. Sometimes even from models I've never visited or only once. I usually ignore those.

This isn't always the case. I won't initiate a PM with a model I don't know, and I'm respectful in PMing those I do as I don't want to distract them from the room.. These models usually initiate the PM with me after I send them a "Hello" tip.

As to those who initiate PM's, with members they don't know, it's kind of varies. I've had it where it's other models in a studio where my name was given out as a tipper. The would PM me as soon as I logged on begging for tokens or visit them, even though I never had before. Other times, it's most any model with a quieter room and they PM to say hello. I honestly don't mind if they do this, and actually have come to expect it. Because I block everyone but friends and bookmarked models, I would the model to the bookmarked list before going into her room. this way, she can PM if she wants. However, this is pretty rare for me to venture into new rooms, and most times I don't return so I remove them from my list after leaving the room.

A lot of the time, it's not the model, it's the english-speaking chat-human they are working with. They need something to do when the model's hands aren't pretending to be on the keyboard. Messaging out-of-room people is the ideal activity for this.

My inbox on Streamate has like thousands of unread messages. I haven't read a pm in years.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
What a curious observation.

Most of the models on the forum have stated that they aren't a PM fans (neither am I as a model).
Yet members come here and complain about being PMd.

The question is...
at CB with dark purple username I never don't get a PM but I visit mostly Columbian studio girl rooms so that could be why - probably isn't the model but an operator doing the PM work. Hi bb is the most common message and if you reply next one is Hru hon hahahaha

QUOTE A lot of the time, it's not the model, it's the english-speaking chat-human they are working with. They need something to do when the model's hands aren't pretending to be on the keyboard. Messaging out-of-room people is the ideal activity for this. [/QUOTE]

For sure - they are fishing right - do 100 pm and if only 1 turns into 1 ,000 token today and maybe every day if get a whale then yes - doing their job and get studio promotion.

at CB with dark purple username I never don't get a PM but I visit mostly Columbian studio girl rooms so that could be why - probably isn't the model but an operator doing the PM work. Hi bb is the most common message and if you reply next one is Hru hon hahahaha

That would be the model 99% of the time if its in her room. Now if you start having some longer conversation that she doesnt understand and you are dark purple with clearly the most tokens in the room then she may ask for help understanding something or saying something.

If its not in her own room, like the models username is entering other rooms and trying to get people to come into her room that may very well be the studio.

FWIW I get a lot of the model-initiated PMs also. I don’t initiate or beg for PMs because it’s just not how I behave, but I’m always game to see if we can joke around if the model is up for it.

I’m confident the models I chat with are doing their own chatting because of the verbal/physical reactions I get from them. But I don’t doubt that some models are getting help in that regard. Just gotta try to be observant, I guess.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Status
Not open for further replies.