AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The vent thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I've come across a number of gatekeeping assholes where i had to bite my tongue given the situations i was in. They can take their trophy for being so (ahem) above & beyond and just fuck off.

What are gatekeepers? In the best way i can explain, they're people who disregard and/or belittle your position because you did not meet a certain standard, all the while elevating themselves because they meet the standards they've set.

For example - If you complain 90F degree weather is too hot for you, a gatekeeper will act like 90F is nothing because he/she lived in Arizona where the temps are constantly 110F-plus, therefore implying you're weak for complaining about 90F

Another example - a hard nose gatekeeper will separate the legitimate from amateurs based on their own standards - such as, "real gamers" don't play Minecraft or Mario because those are pansy games. Only "real gamers" play hardcore games like Call of Duty, blah blah blah.

Seriously, they're not as awesome as they realize, they're actually more like a fucking douche

Lately I've come across a number of gatekeeping assholes where i had to bite my tongue given the situations i was in. They can take their trophy for being so (ahem) above & beyond and just fuck off.

What are gatekeepers? In the best way i can explain, they're people who disregard and/or belittle your position because you did not meet a certain standard, all the while elevating themselves because they meet the standards they've set.

For example - If you complain 90F degree weather is too hot for you, a gatekeeper will act like 90F is nothing because he/she lived in Arizona where the temps are constantly 110F-plus, therefore implying you're weak for complaining about 90F

Another example - a hard nose gatekeeper will separate the legitimate from amateurs based on their own standards - such as, "real gamers" don't play Minecraft or Mario because those are pansy games. Only "real gamers" play hardcore games like Call of Duty, blah blah blah.

Seriously, they're not as awesome as they realize, they're actually more like a fucking douche

If you want to get yourself worked up. ^^

Speaking of reddit -- fuck reddit.

I know it's probably no worse than any other social media/content aggregating hub, but it's the one I use, the one I waste countless hours on, and the one I know intimately enough to see all the toxicity and ugliness in. It's an unhealthy time sink, wherein I idly scroll through endless pages of shit in the hopes of digging up a rare gem. Reddit makes me sad most of the time, and ruins my day quite often, but after seven years of daily visits, I go there almost out of pure muscle memory.

I really do hate it, and I really do hate that I can't seem to break away from it.

I will never understand this guy that renewed his subscription to my snapchat if he’s not even going to talk to me or open my prvt snaps until a few days later . Don’t know what to do with him
I'm sorry but... do you really want to talk to him? I thought it was a perfect deal! Member renews the subscription and never bothers you by demanding any kind of personal attention.

If you're being worried that you haven't done enough for him, take it easy. If he renewed his subscription, it means he likes you and your snaps (I assume that you do post something in your stories, right?).

Maybe he's too shy, too busy or too antisocial. You'll never know the truth. And I doubt you really need it.
I'd be happy with the fact of renewing.
And I don't recommend to disturb a paying member if he doesn't want to have any sort of personal attention. Some people don't like to be bothered even when they paid for a subscription to some account off cam-site.
If you continue trying to build a conversation, it may become a reason for him to refuse from the next renewing.

Lately I've come across a number of gatekeeping assholes where i had to bite my tongue given the situations i was in. They can take their trophy for being so (ahem) above & beyond and just fuck off

Just found this thread. I hear you brother. I hear you. You just want to lay them right out, but what's the point. They'll never get it and just continue alienating people and call you the 'bad' person because you chose to give up and walk away from them.

One of my biggest vents are people who monitor the forms of communication they allow you.
That is, they'll lecture you for not 'txting' them before you call them. Like you have to get their permission to call them.
Really? To use the words politely as well..... Fuck off!!!

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: Lady_Sha and DFT
One of my biggest vents are people who monitor the forms of communication they allow you. That is, they'll lecture you for not 'txting' them before you call them.

I'm that guy. And well described! We have our reasons. ;-)

Locked out of a two email accounts because my ISP changed IPs and now "location unknown". I was furious with Google, but now I'm ok with it. Less Google in my life is a good thing.

very frustrating to be part of an industry with a noticeable mental illness %.
frustrating to be a part of that %.
frustrating to struggle publicly and feel the pressure of people believing I don't enjoy my job because it fits their narrative.
frustrating to not even be able to reach the bar of low functioning yet have to keep up appearances, because SWers are not allowed to be genuinely lonely and touch starved or depressed and suicidal, right? nah, we all get dicked down every day of the week with a thousand dollars per hour coming in for just for existing.. apparently.

I only have myself to blame, but to have been personally told "you look so happy on cam!", "maybe get another job?" and (sic) "you're too pretty to feel this way," it makes me want to do this:

but most of all, it feels so fucking frustrating having all the ingredients to a good life and yet struggle to get out of bed most days. my low cam hours are public and yet I feel like I've been faking my disorders for years. my viewers deserve better.

wake me up when brain transplants have become the latest trend, because I need a new one. but first thing's first: people need to make up their minds about their ridiculous stigmas and fantasies about people in the industry. /rant

Paxum... I provided them with my local passport for identity conformation... They verified it, but it's not fukking enough for them and they asking me to provide, additionally, either a driver licence or an international passport... both of which require time, money cost, and actually wouldn't need me in the near future... :arghh:

And this is like actually funny because I have green "confirmed" sings on both identity and location, and I had to contact the support to tell me why I'm still not verified... :dead:
1583431106666.png

Status
Not open for further replies.